I am travelling to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Argentina for 7 weeks Oct to Nov 2010. I am travelling with my wife and we are doing it independently. we are both in our early 40's.
Heres my itinery so far......any suggestions or tips would be more than appreciated.
Stay in Lima for a few days, then hit the Gringo trail by bus stopping at Pucusana, Nazca, and Arequipa including Colca Canyon.
From Arequipa to the Sacred Valley , Cusco and the M.P trail. Best by bus or plane??
Also better to stay at Sacred Valley first or Cusco to acclimatise?? Is the weather good at that time of the year for hiking the trail?
Total time in Peru 2 weeks
Lake Titicaca and then to La Paz by bus including Potosi and Sucre- total 1 week.
Fly from La Paz to Santiago spend a week in Chile though need help here, where to visit and what to see in between ? as I need to make my way to Puerto Varas to cross the lakes to Bariloche. Then by bus Mendoza & BA and plane to Iguazu Falls- 3 weeks.
Sorry for all the questions but we are relative novices when it comes to this.
Thoughts anyone..... on anything else that could be included within the timeframe
Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Argentina in 7 weeks
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 2 Christmas in Cusco
- 3 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 4 Cartagena: enough for 4-6 days?
- 5 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 6 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 7 transportation in Brazil
- 8 Advice, recommendations and guidance
- 9 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 10 Patagonia Chile
- 11 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 12 Easter Island flight delays?
- 13 argentina & brazil
- 14 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 15 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 16 Beware of G Adventures Galapagos tour guides!
- 17 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 18 Brazilian music
- 19 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 20 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 21 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 22 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 23 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 24 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 25 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?