I am travelling to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Argentina for 7 weeks Oct to Nov 2010. I am travelling with my wife and we are doing it independently. we are both in our early 40's.
Heres my itinery so far......any suggestions or tips would be more than appreciated.
Stay in Lima for a few days, then hit the Gringo trail by bus stopping at Pucusana, Nazca, and Arequipa including Colca Canyon.
From Arequipa to the Sacred Valley , Cusco and the M.P trail. Best by bus or plane??
Also better to stay at Sacred Valley first or Cusco to acclimatise?? Is the weather good at that time of the year for hiking the trail?
Total time in Peru 2 weeks
Lake Titicaca and then to La Paz by bus including Potosi and Sucre- total 1 week.
Fly from La Paz to Santiago spend a week in Chile though need help here, where to visit and what to see in between ? as I need to make my way to Puerto Varas to cross the lakes to Bariloche. Then by bus Mendoza & BA and plane to Iguazu Falls- 3 weeks.
Sorry for all the questions but we are relative novices when it comes to this.
Thoughts anyone..... on anything else that could be included within the timeframe
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Iguazu Falls-"Best" Way to Reach/See
- 2 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 3 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 4 Help us plan our dream SA trip!
- 5 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 6 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 7 Waterfalls near Puyo, Tena, and Baeza in Ecuador
- 8 Best Trek in Peru? (Huayhuash Circuit vs Inca Trail)
- 9 Bariloche car rental
- 10 Trip Report: Studying Spanish in Quito and Cuenca 2007
- 11 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 12 Machu Picchu in January
- 13 Dining in Medellin
- 14 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 15 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 16 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 17 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 18 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 19 santiago chile area
- 20 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 21 Reflections on our South America trip
- 22 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 23 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 24 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 25 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?