I am travelling to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Argentina for 7 weeks Oct to Nov 2010. I am travelling with my wife and we are doing it independently. we are both in our early 40's.
Heres my itinery so far......any suggestions or tips would be more than appreciated.
Stay in Lima for a few days, then hit the Gringo trail by bus stopping at Pucusana, Nazca, and Arequipa including Colca Canyon.
From Arequipa to the Sacred Valley , Cusco and the M.P trail. Best by bus or plane??
Also better to stay at Sacred Valley first or Cusco to acclimatise?? Is the weather good at that time of the year for hiking the trail?
Total time in Peru 2 weeks
Lake Titicaca and then to La Paz by bus including Potosi and Sucre- total 1 week.
Fly from La Paz to Santiago spend a week in Chile though need help here, where to visit and what to see in between ? as I need to make my way to Puerto Varas to cross the lakes to Bariloche. Then by bus Mendoza & BA and plane to Iguazu Falls- 3 weeks.
Sorry for all the questions but we are relative novices when it comes to this.
Thoughts anyone..... on anything else that could be included within the timeframe
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 BROTHER Printer Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 BROTHER Tec*h 24by7
- 2 Torres Del Paine - total 2 weeks in Chile
- 3 Travel agency in Columbia
- 4 2 weeks in Chile
- 5 Buenos Aires for a month?
- 6 South American Mix: Easter Island, Machu Picchu, Rio & the Pantanal
- 7 Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Amazon Rainforest + more
- 8 Cartagena tips
- 9 Argentina (Chile?)
- 10 Steaks and Tango - Suggestions Please
- 11 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 12 Cartegena - beach or centre for a week?
- 13 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 14 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 15 What to skip in Argentina
- 16 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 17 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 18 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 19 40th Birthday Trip: Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, Amazon
- 20 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 21 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 22 Itineraries
- 23 Advice on Chile itinerary
- 24 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 25 Itinerary Help Argentina Chile Patagonia in 23 days