I am travelling to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Argentina for 7 weeks Oct to Nov 2010. I am travelling with my wife and we are doing it independently. we are both in our early 40's.
Heres my itinery so far......any suggestions or tips would be more than appreciated.
Stay in Lima for a few days, then hit the Gringo trail by bus stopping at Pucusana, Nazca, and Arequipa including Colca Canyon.
From Arequipa to the Sacred Valley , Cusco and the M.P trail. Best by bus or plane??
Also better to stay at Sacred Valley first or Cusco to acclimatise?? Is the weather good at that time of the year for hiking the trail?
Total time in Peru 2 weeks
Lake Titicaca and then to La Paz by bus including Potosi and Sucre- total 1 week.
Fly from La Paz to Santiago spend a week in Chile though need help here, where to visit and what to see in between ? as I need to make my way to Puerto Varas to cross the lakes to Bariloche. Then by bus Mendoza & BA and plane to Iguazu Falls- 3 weeks.
Sorry for all the questions but we are relative novices when it comes to this.
Thoughts anyone..... on anything else that could be included within the timeframe
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 2 MP and Torres del Paine on same trip?
- 3 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 4 Cajamarca
- 5 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 6 Patagonia - Equipment
- 7 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 8 Chile or Argentina?
- 9 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 10 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 11 Nazca Lines from Pisco or Ica Airport?
- 12 Chile cell phone and sim card advice needed
- 13 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 14 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 15 Flights to Northern Peru
- 16 Santiago neighborhood
- 17 Hotels in San Pedro de Atacama?
- 18 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 19 Backroads or Nat Geo hiking Patagonia
- 20 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 21 CasaCor Lima 2016
- 22 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 23 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 24 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 25 Steak house rec in Buenos Aires near Recoleta