I am travelling to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Argentina for 7 weeks Oct to Nov 2010. I am travelling with my wife and we are doing it independently. we are both in our early 40's.
Heres my itinery so far......any suggestions or tips would be more than appreciated.
Stay in Lima for a few days, then hit the Gringo trail by bus stopping at Pucusana, Nazca, and Arequipa including Colca Canyon.
From Arequipa to the Sacred Valley , Cusco and the M.P trail. Best by bus or plane??
Also better to stay at Sacred Valley first or Cusco to acclimatise?? Is the weather good at that time of the year for hiking the trail?
Total time in Peru 2 weeks
Lake Titicaca and then to La Paz by bus including Potosi and Sucre- total 1 week.
Fly from La Paz to Santiago spend a week in Chile though need help here, where to visit and what to see in between ? as I need to make my way to Puerto Varas to cross the lakes to Bariloche. Then by bus Mendoza & BA and plane to Iguazu Falls- 3 weeks.
Sorry for all the questions but we are relative novices when it comes to this.
Thoughts anyone..... on anything else that could be included within the timeframe
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 1.5 days in Rio
- 2 Peru Trip for the Family
- 3 If it's Tuesday, it must be Patagonia...need itinerary help
- 4 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 5 Patagonia Hike/Travel/Explore
- 6 2 weeks trip
- 7 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 8 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 9 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 10 Where to stay in Bariloche
- 11 WEBJET
- 12 Iguazu and Iguaçu
- 13 Good women's hairgresser in Santiago?
- 14 Itineraries
- 15 Pantanal Lodges
- 16 Torres Del Paine Hiking - No Refugios
- 17 3 weeks in South America
- 18 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 19 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 20 Ecuador, Panama, or Costa Rica
- 21 Chile wine tour
- 22 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 23 Aerolineas "Visit Argentina" discounted airline pass
- 24 Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado?
- 25 How to count hotel floors in Ecuador?