Me and my wife planning an trip to South-America, iterinary as follows:
Day 1: Arrive in Lima, Peru
Day 2 - 3: Travel to Cusco. Sightseeing of old Incan Empire
Day 4: Trip to Incas Sacred Valley
Day 5: Trip to Machu-Picchu
Day 6 - 7: Return Cusco. Journey to Puno for Lake Titicaca
Day 8: Cross border into Bolivia. Travel to La Paz
Day 9: Travel to Uyuni
Day 10 - 11: Travel to Salt Lakes
Day 12: Cross border from Bolivia to Chile
Day 13 - 14: San Pedro de Atacama & Tatio-Geysers
Day 15 - 16: Travel to Santiago-Chile for onward Journey
Traveler's are Couple (Husband 40 yrs. + Wife 35 yrs.), so all Accommodation/Food/Transport/Sightseeing will be SHARED.
I have also browsed website of several leading Organized (but also called BUDGET) Travel companies, every one seems to be charging anywhere from US$ 4,000 to US$ 6,000 per person for the whole-trip.
Budget: US$ 1,600 per person (total US$ 3,200 for Couple). About US$ 100 person per day average including Accommodation/Food/Transport/Sightseeing. Can this trip be done in above budget ? Please suggest/help/advise, thanks in advance.
PERU, BOLIVIA and CHILE - trip to South-America
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 1 day in Rio
- 2 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 3 Peru itinerary in March.. Comments needed please
- 4 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 5 Currency Woes
- 6 driving to salvador
- 7 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 8 Argentina (and Chile?): basic itinerary
- 9 Just a week!
- 10 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 11 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 12 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 13 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 14 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 15 Quito trip
- 16 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 17 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 18 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 19 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 20 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 21 Solo female travelling around South America
- 22 Bariloche car rental
- 23 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 24 Galapagos Islands
- 25 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!