Me and my wife planning an trip to South-America, iterinary as follows:
Day 1: Arrive in Lima, Peru
Day 2 - 3: Travel to Cusco. Sightseeing of old Incan Empire
Day 4: Trip to Incas Sacred Valley
Day 5: Trip to Machu-Picchu
Day 6 - 7: Return Cusco. Journey to Puno for Lake Titicaca
Day 8: Cross border into Bolivia. Travel to La Paz
Day 9: Travel to Uyuni
Day 10 - 11: Travel to Salt Lakes
Day 12: Cross border from Bolivia to Chile
Day 13 - 14: San Pedro de Atacama & Tatio-Geysers
Day 15 - 16: Travel to Santiago-Chile for onward Journey
Traveler's are Couple (Husband 40 yrs. + Wife 35 yrs.), so all Accommodation/Food/Transport/Sightseeing will be SHARED.
I have also browsed website of several leading Organized (but also called BUDGET) Travel companies, every one seems to be charging anywhere from US$ 4,000 to US$ 6,000 per person for the whole-trip.
Budget: US$ 1,600 per person (total US$ 3,200 for Couple). About US$ 100 person per day average including Accommodation/Food/Transport/Sightseeing. Can this trip be done in above budget ? Please suggest/help/advise, thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru's Amazon and the Heat - Iquitos Ceiba Tops Lodge vs. Puerto Maldonado
- 2 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 3 Senior Travelers to Galapagos
- 4 galapagos island
- 5 Thinking of OAT trip to Machu Picchu, Galapagos and Amazon Rain Forest
- 6 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 7 christmas in buenos aires
- 8 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 9 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 10 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 11 Best Latin American countries!
- 12 Peru in Late February?
- 13 Sao Paulo
- 14 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 15 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 16 Salud !
- 17 Cartagena
- 18 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 19 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 20 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 21 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 22 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 23 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 24 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 25 Galapagos Island