Me and my wife planning an trip to South-America, iterinary as follows:
Day 1: Arrive in Lima, Peru
Day 2 - 3: Travel to Cusco. Sightseeing of old Incan Empire
Day 4: Trip to Incas Sacred Valley
Day 5: Trip to Machu-Picchu
Day 6 - 7: Return Cusco. Journey to Puno for Lake Titicaca
Day 8: Cross border into Bolivia. Travel to La Paz
Day 9: Travel to Uyuni
Day 10 - 11: Travel to Salt Lakes
Day 12: Cross border from Bolivia to Chile
Day 13 - 14: San Pedro de Atacama & Tatio-Geysers
Day 15 - 16: Travel to Santiago-Chile for onward Journey
Traveler's are Couple (Husband 40 yrs. + Wife 35 yrs.), so all Accommodation/Food/Transport/Sightseeing will be SHARED.
I have also browsed website of several leading Organized (but also called BUDGET) Travel companies, every one seems to be charging anywhere from US$ 4,000 to US$ 6,000 per person for the whole-trip.
Budget: US$ 1,600 per person (total US$ 3,200 for Couple). About US$ 100 person per day average including Accommodation/Food/Transport/Sightseeing. Can this trip be done in above budget ? Please suggest/help/advise, thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Packing for Chile in November
- 2 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 3 Safety warning?
- 4 Iguazu falls logistics
- 5 Lima stopover
- 6 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 7 Amazon side trip
- 8 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 9 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 10 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 11 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 12 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 13 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 14 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 15 Santiago - where to stay?
- 16 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 17 Tour guide/ agency
- 18 Patagonia Planning
- 19 Salta/NW Argentina, no car
- 20 March trip to Brazil
- 21 Iguazu Falls -- is Brazil side worth the cost?
- 22 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 23 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 24 Iguacu Falls Itinerary and Photography Question
- 25 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST