Me and my wife planning an trip to South-America, iterinary as follows:
Day 1: Arrive in Lima, Peru
Day 2 - 3: Travel to Cusco. Sightseeing of old Incan Empire
Day 4: Trip to Incas Sacred Valley
Day 5: Trip to Machu-Picchu
Day 6 - 7: Return Cusco. Journey to Puno for Lake Titicaca
Day 8: Cross border into Bolivia. Travel to La Paz
Day 9: Travel to Uyuni
Day 10 - 11: Travel to Salt Lakes
Day 12: Cross border from Bolivia to Chile
Day 13 - 14: San Pedro de Atacama & Tatio-Geysers
Day 15 - 16: Travel to Santiago-Chile for onward Journey
Traveler's are Couple (Husband 40 yrs. + Wife 35 yrs.), so all Accommodation/Food/Transport/Sightseeing will be SHARED.
I have also browsed website of several leading Organized (but also called BUDGET) Travel companies, every one seems to be charging anywhere from US$ 4,000 to US$ 6,000 per person for the whole-trip.
Budget: US$ 1,600 per person (total US$ 3,200 for Couple). About US$ 100 person per day average including Accommodation/Food/Transport/Sightseeing. Can this trip be done in above budget ? Please suggest/help/advise, thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 2 Ten Days in Chile - TdP and Atacama
- 3 Booking Galapagos accommodation upon arrival in the high season
- 4 Drawing money at ATMs in Brazil
- 5 Travel Agency in Peru - Deborah Ferrari
- 6 Best Galapagos cruise itinerary when combining with land trips
- 7 Train to Aguas Calientes
- 8 help with a trip to south america
- 9 Restaurant ideas in Lima for my birthday
- 10 Mistura - anyone been?
- 11 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 12 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 13 Yohan, Why Not Suriname
- 14 Jungle Lodge Brazil
- 15 Tickets to enter Machu Picchu
- 16 Ups and downs of our trip to Peru--from Machu Picchu to LIM airport floor
- 17 Other cities to visit in Brazil other than RIO
- 18 Trip to the Amazon!
- 19 3 nights in Arequipa: music, baby alpaca, restaurant suggestions?
- 20 Peruvian Independence Day
- 21 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!
- 22 Globo hours to change money
- 23 Traveling south america, help
- 24 Birding in Mindo
- 25 Cartagena - lodging help needed for city and beach area