Me and my wife planning an trip to South-America, iterinary as follows:
Day 1: Arrive in Lima, Peru
Day 2 - 3: Travel to Cusco. Sightseeing of old Incan Empire
Day 4: Trip to Incas Sacred Valley
Day 5: Trip to Machu-Picchu
Day 6 - 7: Return Cusco. Journey to Puno for Lake Titicaca
Day 8: Cross border into Bolivia. Travel to La Paz
Day 9: Travel to Uyuni
Day 10 - 11: Travel to Salt Lakes
Day 12: Cross border from Bolivia to Chile
Day 13 - 14: San Pedro de Atacama & Tatio-Geysers
Day 15 - 16: Travel to Santiago-Chile for onward Journey
Traveler's are Couple (Husband 40 yrs. + Wife 35 yrs.), so all Accommodation/Food/Transport/Sightseeing will be SHARED.
I have also browsed website of several leading Organized (but also called BUDGET) Travel companies, every one seems to be charging anywhere from US$ 4,000 to US$ 6,000 per person for the whole-trip.
Budget: US$ 1,600 per person (total US$ 3,200 for Couple). About US$ 100 person per day average including Accommodation/Food/Transport/Sightseeing. Can this trip be done in above budget ? Please suggest/help/advise, thanks in advance.
PERU, BOLIVIA and CHILE - trip to South-America
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 2 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 3 Beware of G Adventures Galapagos tour guides!
- 4 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 5 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 6 argentina & brazil
- 7 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 8 Brazilian music
- 9 Christmas in Cusco
- 10 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 11 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 12 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 13 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 14 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 15 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 16 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 17 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 18 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 19 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 20 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 21 Private sightseeing
- 22 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 23 Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York
- 24 Honeymoon 9 Days in South America
- 25 Argentina-country's financial woes impact a trip?