Me and my wife planning an trip to South-America, iterinary as follows:
Day 1: Arrive in Lima, Peru
Day 2 - 3: Travel to Cusco. Sightseeing of old Incan Empire
Day 4: Trip to Incas Sacred Valley
Day 5: Trip to Machu-Picchu
Day 6 - 7: Return Cusco. Journey to Puno for Lake Titicaca
Day 8: Cross border into Bolivia. Travel to La Paz
Day 9: Travel to Uyuni
Day 10 - 11: Travel to Salt Lakes
Day 12: Cross border from Bolivia to Chile
Day 13 - 14: San Pedro de Atacama & Tatio-Geysers
Day 15 - 16: Travel to Santiago-Chile for onward Journey
Traveler's are Couple (Husband 40 yrs. + Wife 35 yrs.), so all Accommodation/Food/Transport/Sightseeing will be SHARED.
I have also browsed website of several leading Organized (but also called BUDGET) Travel companies, every one seems to be charging anywhere from US$ 4,000 to US$ 6,000 per person for the whole-trip.
Budget: US$ 1,600 per person (total US$ 3,200 for Couple). About US$ 100 person per day average including Accommodation/Food/Transport/Sightseeing. Can this trip be done in above budget ? Please suggest/help/advise, thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Quality DLs IDs certificates and Passports(Unique.email@example.com)
- 2 Visiting Buenos Aires
- 3 Bolivia and Peru in 5 weeks
- 4 Bolivianischen and Peru in 5 weeks
- 5 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 6 BA & Patagonia - 9 days in November
- 7 First Time in Argentina and Brazil - Buenos Aires and Rio questions
- 8 Visiting Medellin
- 9 Galapagos: Land based visit + short cruise - opinions appreciated!
- 10 Walking sticks for Machu Picchu?
- 11 Video Report: Argentina, Patagonia Part 1
- 12 brazil beach vacation.... or will get mugged?
- 13 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 14 CasaCor Peru October 2015
- 15 Chile in February and March
- 16 5/6 Hour Layover in Santiago - Advice Please
- 17 Rio and Iguacu
- 18 3 weeks to travel
- 19 Galapagos Island
- 20 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 21 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 22 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 23 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 24 October - March 2016 in South or Central America
- 25 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,