Me and my wife planning an trip to South-America, iterinary as follows:
Day 1: Arrive in Lima, Peru
Day 2 - 3: Travel to Cusco. Sightseeing of old Incan Empire
Day 4: Trip to Incas Sacred Valley
Day 5: Trip to Machu-Picchu
Day 6 - 7: Return Cusco. Journey to Puno for Lake Titicaca
Day 8: Cross border into Bolivia. Travel to La Paz
Day 9: Travel to Uyuni
Day 10 - 11: Travel to Salt Lakes
Day 12: Cross border from Bolivia to Chile
Day 13 - 14: San Pedro de Atacama & Tatio-Geysers
Day 15 - 16: Travel to Santiago-Chile for onward Journey
Traveler's are Couple (Husband 40 yrs. + Wife 35 yrs.), so all Accommodation/Food/Transport/Sightseeing will be SHARED.
I have also browsed website of several leading Organized (but also called BUDGET) Travel companies, every one seems to be charging anywhere from US$ 4,000 to US$ 6,000 per person for the whole-trip.
Budget: US$ 1,600 per person (total US$ 3,200 for Couple). About US$ 100 person per day average including Accommodation/Food/Transport/Sightseeing. Can this trip be done in above budget ? Please suggest/help/advise, thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 top grade medical marijuana and Oils for patients and smokers
- 2 Southern Bolivia from Northwest Argentina?
- 3 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 4 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 5 Expat meet up.
- 6 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 7 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 8 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 9 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 10 Exciting Times in Colombia
- 11 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 12 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 13 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 14 Sixty days in Colombia
- 15 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 16 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 17 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 18 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 19 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 20 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 21 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 22 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 23 Booking sites - HELP! Don't want to be scammed
- 24 summer olympics in Rio
- 25 2 Weeks in Rio in Nov End