Me and my wife planning an trip to South-America, iterinary as follows:
Day 1: Arrive in Lima, Peru
Day 2 - 3: Travel to Cusco. Sightseeing of old Incan Empire
Day 4: Trip to Incas Sacred Valley
Day 5: Trip to Machu-Picchu
Day 6 - 7: Return Cusco. Journey to Puno for Lake Titicaca
Day 8: Cross border into Bolivia. Travel to La Paz
Day 9: Travel to Uyuni
Day 10 - 11: Travel to Salt Lakes
Day 12: Cross border from Bolivia to Chile
Day 13 - 14: San Pedro de Atacama & Tatio-Geysers
Day 15 - 16: Travel to Santiago-Chile for onward Journey
Traveler's are Couple (Husband 40 yrs. + Wife 35 yrs.), so all Accommodation/Food/Transport/Sightseeing will be SHARED.
I have also browsed website of several leading Organized (but also called BUDGET) Travel companies, every one seems to be charging anywhere from US$ 4,000 to US$ 6,000 per person for the whole-trip.
Budget: US$ 1,600 per person (total US$ 3,200 for Couple). About US$ 100 person per day average including Accommodation/Food/Transport/Sightseeing. Can this trip be done in above budget ? Please suggest/help/advise, thanks in advance.
PERU, BOLIVIA and CHILE - trip to South-America
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 2 cartagena , columbia
- 3 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 4 Peru, help cutting costs
- 5 Peruvian Amazon
- 6 Peru Itinerary Help
- 7 One spare day in our itinerary - where should it go?
- 8 driving to salvador
- 9 february/march- where to go?
- 10 10 days backpacking in Peru
- 11 Antofogasta or Calama ? And which month ?
- 12 Birding in Mindo
- 13 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 14 Iguazu accomodation
- 15 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 16 El Calafate/Torres del Paine 7 day Itinerary Help
- 17 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 18 Driving Advice for El Calafate to Torres Del Paine in early October
- 19 Peru: a month travel in February
- 20 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 21 Trip to Machu Picchu, Amazing Place!!!
- 22 Off the beaten track
- 23 Solo female travelling around South America
- 24 Anyone familiar with PeruSmile?
- 25 Punta del Este or La Barra area?