Me and my wife planning an trip to South-America, iterinary as follows:
Day 1: Arrive in Lima, Peru
Day 2 - 3: Travel to Cusco. Sightseeing of old Incan Empire
Day 4: Trip to Incas Sacred Valley
Day 5: Trip to Machu-Picchu
Day 6 - 7: Return Cusco. Journey to Puno for Lake Titicaca
Day 8: Cross border into Bolivia. Travel to La Paz
Day 9: Travel to Uyuni
Day 10 - 11: Travel to Salt Lakes
Day 12: Cross border from Bolivia to Chile
Day 13 - 14: San Pedro de Atacama & Tatio-Geysers
Day 15 - 16: Travel to Santiago-Chile for onward Journey
Traveler's are Couple (Husband 40 yrs. + Wife 35 yrs.), so all Accommodation/Food/Transport/Sightseeing will be SHARED.
I have also browsed website of several leading Organized (but also called BUDGET) Travel companies, every one seems to be charging anywhere from US$ 4,000 to US$ 6,000 per person for the whole-trip.
Budget: US$ 1,600 per person (total US$ 3,200 for Couple). About US$ 100 person per day average including Accommodation/Food/Transport/Sightseeing. Can this trip be done in above budget ? Please suggest/help/advise, thanks in advance.
PERU, BOLIVIA and CHILE - trip to South-America
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 2 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 3 Mendoza
- 4 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 5 Pet friendly housing in Cusco, Peru
- 6 Hotel Suggestions Buenos Aires La Recoleta
- 7 Air Conditioning in Valparaiso?
- 8 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 9 Cruise stop over in Lima
- 10 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 11 Santiago and Puerto Montt in a week
- 12 Pantanal on your own
- 13 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 14 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 15 Ecuador - should we go?
- 16 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 17 Santiago 2 days
- 18 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 19 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 20 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 21 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 22 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 23 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 24 Lodge in Pantanal
- 25 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia