Me and my wife planning an trip to South-America, iterinary as follows:
Day 1: Arrive in Lima, Peru
Day 2 - 3: Travel to Cusco. Sightseeing of old Incan Empire
Day 4: Trip to Incas Sacred Valley
Day 5: Trip to Machu-Picchu
Day 6 - 7: Return Cusco. Journey to Puno for Lake Titicaca
Day 8: Cross border into Bolivia. Travel to La Paz
Day 9: Travel to Uyuni
Day 10 - 11: Travel to Salt Lakes
Day 12: Cross border from Bolivia to Chile
Day 13 - 14: San Pedro de Atacama & Tatio-Geysers
Day 15 - 16: Travel to Santiago-Chile for onward Journey
Traveler's are Couple (Husband 40 yrs. + Wife 35 yrs.), so all Accommodation/Food/Transport/Sightseeing will be SHARED.
I have also browsed website of several leading Organized (but also called BUDGET) Travel companies, every one seems to be charging anywhere from US$ 4,000 to US$ 6,000 per person for the whole-trip.
Budget: US$ 1,600 per person (total US$ 3,200 for Couple). About US$ 100 person per day average including Accommodation/Food/Transport/Sightseeing. Can this trip be done in above budget ? Please suggest/help/advise, thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 2 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 3 Fun adventure ...with 6 yr old
- 4 Iguazu Falls - 4 star hotel near the airport?
- 5 Layover in Lima
- 6 South America this October
- 7 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 8 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 9 San Salvador Layover
- 10 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 11 Wine Tours in Chile and Argentina -
- 12 Chile & Argentina wine trips
- 13 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 14 Huaraz to Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura
- 15 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 16 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 17 2 weeks in Peru/Chile
- 18 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 19 Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela
- 20 Santiago, Chile
- 21 limited time in Cusco
- 22 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 23 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 24 Visiting Ollantataymbo from Cusco
- 25 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border