Have tickets booked for next summer. Aug 2 flight from NYC to Lima and Aug. 19 La Paz to NYC. Everything in between is yet to be decided and am looking for a good itinerary that includes 4-5 days in La Paz (visiting family). Here is the tentative itinerary:
Aug. 2-evening flight to Lima
Aug. 3-early AM connecting flight to Cusco, day in Cusco
Aug. 4-full day sightseeing in Cusco
Aug. 5-transfer to Sacred Valley, visit Pisco & Ollantaytambo
Aug. 6-transfer to Aguas Calientes- 2 day hike to Wayna Picchu and Machu Picchu
Aug. 7-continue hike to WP and MP, transfer back to hotel in Sacred Valley
Aug. 8-free afternoon, 3pm flight to Juliaca, taxi to Copacabana (is this possible)?
Aug. 9-Visit Isla del Sol, Copacabana
Aug.10-Visit Tiwanaku and then to La Paz (are there tours that are one way)?
Aug. 11-La Paz
Aug. 12-La Paz
Aug. 16-La Paz
Aug. 17-La Paz
Aug. 18-TBD/free day to shift itinerary
Aug. 19-AM flight back to NY
couple of questions:
1) are we missing anything by skipping Lima?
2) Is it possible to get from Juliaca airport to Copacabana by taxi? Flight arrives at 4:30pm. Too late?
3) Should we stay an extra day in Puno to visit Uros? we have a day to spare
4) Are there one way tours from Copacabana to La Paz that go through Tiwanaku?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru 18 day itinerary help please!
- 2 Panama, Ecuador and Colombia trip report
- 3 Peru/Amazon/ Machy Picchu Family Vacation
- 4 galapagos island
- 5 Peru's Amazon and the Heat - Iquitos Ceiba Tops Lodge vs. Puerto Maldonado
- 6 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 7 Thinking of OAT trip to Machu Picchu, Galapagos and Amazon Rain Forest
- 8 christmas in buenos aires
- 9 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 10 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 11 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 12 Best Latin American countries!
- 13 Peru in Late February?
- 14 Sao Paulo
- 15 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 16 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 17 Salud !
- 18 Cartagena
- 19 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 20 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 21 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 22 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 23 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 24 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 25 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima