Have tickets booked for next summer. Aug 2 flight from NYC to Lima and Aug. 19 La Paz to NYC. Everything in between is yet to be decided and am looking for a good itinerary that includes 4-5 days in La Paz (visiting family). Here is the tentative itinerary:
Aug. 2-evening flight to Lima
Aug. 3-early AM connecting flight to Cusco, day in Cusco
Aug. 4-full day sightseeing in Cusco
Aug. 5-transfer to Sacred Valley, visit Pisco & Ollantaytambo
Aug. 6-transfer to Aguas Calientes- 2 day hike to Wayna Picchu and Machu Picchu
Aug. 7-continue hike to WP and MP, transfer back to hotel in Sacred Valley
Aug. 8-free afternoon, 3pm flight to Juliaca, taxi to Copacabana (is this possible)?
Aug. 9-Visit Isla del Sol, Copacabana
Aug.10-Visit Tiwanaku and then to La Paz (are there tours that are one way)?
Aug. 11-La Paz
Aug. 12-La Paz
Aug. 16-La Paz
Aug. 17-La Paz
Aug. 18-TBD/free day to shift itinerary
Aug. 19-AM flight back to NY
couple of questions:
1) are we missing anything by skipping Lima?
2) Is it possible to get from Juliaca airport to Copacabana by taxi? Flight arrives at 4:30pm. Too late?
3) Should we stay an extra day in Puno to visit Uros? we have a day to spare
4) Are there one way tours from Copacabana to La Paz that go through Tiwanaku?
Thanks so much!
Peru & Bolivia 17 days
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 2 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 3 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 4 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 5 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 6 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 7 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 8 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 9 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 10 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 11 Quito recommendations
- 12 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 13 Ecuador-tour guides
- 14 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 15 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 16 lima airport transport
- 17 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 18 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 19 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 20 Argentina currency
- 21 Traveling to Peru for two weeks... Itinerary suggestions needed!!
- 22 End in sight for Chile reciprocity fee
- 23 Fishing near Iguazu Falls?
- 24 Seeking Tips for Upcoming Trip to Rio, Iguazu and Buenos Aires
- 25 Macchu Picchu - Going Solo?