Have tickets booked for next summer. Aug 2 flight from NYC to Lima and Aug. 19 La Paz to NYC. Everything in between is yet to be decided and am looking for a good itinerary that includes 4-5 days in La Paz (visiting family). Here is the tentative itinerary:
Aug. 2-evening flight to Lima
Aug. 3-early AM connecting flight to Cusco, day in Cusco
Aug. 4-full day sightseeing in Cusco
Aug. 5-transfer to Sacred Valley, visit Pisco & Ollantaytambo
Aug. 6-transfer to Aguas Calientes- 2 day hike to Wayna Picchu and Machu Picchu
Aug. 7-continue hike to WP and MP, transfer back to hotel in Sacred Valley
Aug. 8-free afternoon, 3pm flight to Juliaca, taxi to Copacabana (is this possible)?
Aug. 9-Visit Isla del Sol, Copacabana
Aug.10-Visit Tiwanaku and then to La Paz (are there tours that are one way)?
Aug. 11-La Paz
Aug. 12-La Paz
Aug. 16-La Paz
Aug. 17-La Paz
Aug. 18-TBD/free day to shift itinerary
Aug. 19-AM flight back to NY
couple of questions:
1) are we missing anything by skipping Lima?
2) Is it possible to get from Juliaca airport to Copacabana by taxi? Flight arrives at 4:30pm. Too late?
3) Should we stay an extra day in Puno to visit Uros? we have a day to spare
4) Are there one way tours from Copacabana to La Paz that go through Tiwanaku?
Thanks so much!
Peru & Bolivia 17 days
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 2 Quito trip
- 3 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 4 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 5 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 6 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 7 1 day in Rio
- 8 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 9 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 10 Solo female travelling around South America
- 11 Bariloche car rental
- 12 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 13 Galapagos Islands
- 14 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 15 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 16 Day trip to Paracas
- 17 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 18 Peru trip
- 19 Amazon Manaus Tour Guides
- 20 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 21 Chile or Chile/Argentina - 3 Itinerary Ideas, Can't Decide!
- 22 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 23 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 24 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 25 Mendoza - Wine Lodges robberies