Have tickets booked for next summer. Aug 2 flight from NYC to Lima and Aug. 19 La Paz to NYC. Everything in between is yet to be decided and am looking for a good itinerary that includes 4-5 days in La Paz (visiting family). Here is the tentative itinerary:
Aug. 2-evening flight to Lima
Aug. 3-early AM connecting flight to Cusco, day in Cusco
Aug. 4-full day sightseeing in Cusco
Aug. 5-transfer to Sacred Valley, visit Pisco & Ollantaytambo
Aug. 6-transfer to Aguas Calientes- 2 day hike to Wayna Picchu and Machu Picchu
Aug. 7-continue hike to WP and MP, transfer back to hotel in Sacred Valley
Aug. 8-free afternoon, 3pm flight to Juliaca, taxi to Copacabana (is this possible)?
Aug. 9-Visit Isla del Sol, Copacabana
Aug.10-Visit Tiwanaku and then to La Paz (are there tours that are one way)?
Aug. 11-La Paz
Aug. 12-La Paz
Aug. 16-La Paz
Aug. 17-La Paz
Aug. 18-TBD/free day to shift itinerary
Aug. 19-AM flight back to NY
couple of questions:
1) are we missing anything by skipping Lima?
2) Is it possible to get from Juliaca airport to Copacabana by taxi? Flight arrives at 4:30pm. Too late?
3) Should we stay an extra day in Puno to visit Uros? we have a day to spare
4) Are there one way tours from Copacabana to La Paz that go through Tiwanaku?
Thanks so much!
Peru & Bolivia 17 days
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 driving up the coast from rio de janeiro to salvador
- 2 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 3 Trip Report
- 4 Argentina Holiday Help
- 5 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 6 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 7 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 8 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 9 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 10 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 11 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 12 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 13 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 14 1st South American adventure
- 15 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 16 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 17 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 18 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 19 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 20 For Neoptropical Birders
- 21 Columbia Questions
- 22 Posadas-Paraguay-Brazil-Iguassu: Please, Help Find the Tour Operator
- 23 hotels in Buenos Aires
- 24 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 25 Ecuador Rain Forest with Pre-teens