Have tickets booked for next summer. Aug 2 flight from NYC to Lima and Aug. 19 La Paz to NYC. Everything in between is yet to be decided and am looking for a good itinerary that includes 4-5 days in La Paz (visiting family). Here is the tentative itinerary:
Aug. 2-evening flight to Lima
Aug. 3-early AM connecting flight to Cusco, day in Cusco
Aug. 4-full day sightseeing in Cusco
Aug. 5-transfer to Sacred Valley, visit Pisco & Ollantaytambo
Aug. 6-transfer to Aguas Calientes- 2 day hike to Wayna Picchu and Machu Picchu
Aug. 7-continue hike to WP and MP, transfer back to hotel in Sacred Valley
Aug. 8-free afternoon, 3pm flight to Juliaca, taxi to Copacabana (is this possible)?
Aug. 9-Visit Isla del Sol, Copacabana
Aug.10-Visit Tiwanaku and then to La Paz (are there tours that are one way)?
Aug. 11-La Paz
Aug. 12-La Paz
Aug. 16-La Paz
Aug. 17-La Paz
Aug. 18-TBD/free day to shift itinerary
Aug. 19-AM flight back to NY
couple of questions:
1) are we missing anything by skipping Lima?
2) Is it possible to get from Juliaca airport to Copacabana by taxi? Flight arrives at 4:30pm. Too late?
3) Should we stay an extra day in Puno to visit Uros? we have a day to spare
4) Are there one way tours from Copacabana to La Paz that go through Tiwanaku?
Thanks so much!
Peru & Bolivia 17 days
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Birding in Mindo
- 2 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 3 Rio Advice for 2 Young Women
- 4 Buying a SIM card in Chile for I phone 5
- 5 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 6 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 7 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 8 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 9 Peru Escorted Travel
- 10 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 11 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 12 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 13 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 14 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 15 Quito trip review with Gate 1 Travel
- 16 2 weeks in Argentina
- 17 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 18 Back to South America
- 19 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 20 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 21 JW Marriott Lima
- 22 Trip Report - Very Long
- 23 Quito recommendations
- 24 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 25 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?