Have tickets booked for next summer. Aug 2 flight from NYC to Lima and Aug. 19 La Paz to NYC. Everything in between is yet to be decided and am looking for a good itinerary that includes 4-5 days in La Paz (visiting family). Here is the tentative itinerary:
Aug. 2-evening flight to Lima
Aug. 3-early AM connecting flight to Cusco, day in Cusco
Aug. 4-full day sightseeing in Cusco
Aug. 5-transfer to Sacred Valley, visit Pisco & Ollantaytambo
Aug. 6-transfer to Aguas Calientes- 2 day hike to Wayna Picchu and Machu Picchu
Aug. 7-continue hike to WP and MP, transfer back to hotel in Sacred Valley
Aug. 8-free afternoon, 3pm flight to Juliaca, taxi to Copacabana (is this possible)?
Aug. 9-Visit Isla del Sol, Copacabana
Aug.10-Visit Tiwanaku and then to La Paz (are there tours that are one way)?
Aug. 11-La Paz
Aug. 12-La Paz
Aug. 16-La Paz
Aug. 17-La Paz
Aug. 18-TBD/free day to shift itinerary
Aug. 19-AM flight back to NY
couple of questions:
1) are we missing anything by skipping Lima?
2) Is it possible to get from Juliaca airport to Copacabana by taxi? Flight arrives at 4:30pm. Too late?
3) Should we stay an extra day in Puno to visit Uros? we have a day to spare
4) Are there one way tours from Copacabana to La Paz that go through Tiwanaku?
Thanks so much!
Peru & Bolivia 17 days
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru versus Bolivia
- 2 La Paz to Santiago - route choices
- 3 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 4 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 5 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 6 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 7 2 nights in Torres Del Paine - Which route and refugio?
- 8 Argentinians in Punta Del Este!!
- 9 Still Planning But Getting Close!
- 10 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 11 WWYD-time in Lima
- 12 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 13 Argentina Holiday Help
- 14 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 15 argentina & brazil
- 16 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 17 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 18 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 19 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 20 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 21 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 22 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 23 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 24 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 25 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?