We are planning a trip of three and half weeks to Peru and Bolivia in September. We are a family of 2 grown up children(15 and 22) who will drag the old folks around(57and 60). We are unspoiled backpacker type travelers and have holidayed through parts of Asia in the last few (30) years. We will fly into Lima and fly out of La Paz. In Peru the places we are planning on visiting are Paracas, Ica, Arequipa and Colca canyon, Cusco and its surroundings and Lake Titicaca. From here to La Paz and then to the salt flats near Uyuni. Back to La Paz and home. I would appreciate advice as to any other places we should visit and the best route we should take to fit it all in. We would prefer to fly or train when possible as apposed to very long bus trips. All information both detailed and general would be gladly received.
Thank you in advance, Brian
Peru and Bolivia
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Speak to me of Peru
- 2 Inhotim in one day? please???
- 3 What time to arrive at Machu Picchu?
- 4 Amazon from the Andes?
- 5 Salta vs. Santiago
- 6 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 7 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 8 Brazil visa for Iguazu + fees for Argentina & Chile
- 9 Exito Travel ? reliable travel agencies?
- 10 Somewhere hot!!!!!!
- 11 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 12 Please Help - Santiago, Mendoza & Buenos Aires
- 13 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 14 Back to South America
- 15 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 16 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 17 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 18 Fire in Valparaiso
- 19 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 20 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 21 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 22 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 23 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 24 Driving in Ecuador
- 25 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador