We are planning a trip of three and half weeks to Peru and Bolivia in September. We are a family of 2 grown up children(15 and 22) who will drag the old folks around(57and 60). We are unspoiled backpacker type travelers and have holidayed through parts of Asia in the last few (30) years. We will fly into Lima and fly out of La Paz. In Peru the places we are planning on visiting are Paracas, Ica, Arequipa and Colca canyon, Cusco and its surroundings and Lake Titicaca. From here to La Paz and then to the salt flats near Uyuni. Back to La Paz and home. I would appreciate advice as to any other places we should visit and the best route we should take to fit it all in. We would prefer to fly or train when possible as apposed to very long bus trips. All information both detailed and general would be gladly received.
Thank you in advance, Brian
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 2 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 3 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 4 South America this October
- 5 San Salvador Layover
- 6 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 7 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 8 Iguazu Falls - 4 star hotel near the airport?
- 9 Wine Tours in Chile and Argentina -
- 10 Chile & Argentina wine trips
- 11 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 12 Huaraz to Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura
- 13 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 14 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 15 2 weeks in Peru/Chile
- 16 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 17 Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela
- 18 Santiago, Chile
- 19 limited time in Cusco
- 20 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 21 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 22 Visiting Ollantataymbo from Cusco
- 23 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 24 Back "home" in Barranco
- 25 Day trips from Montevideo