We are planning a trip of three and half weeks to Peru and Bolivia in September. We are a family of 2 grown up children(15 and 22) who will drag the old folks around(57and 60). We are unspoiled backpacker type travelers and have holidayed through parts of Asia in the last few (30) years. We will fly into Lima and fly out of La Paz. In Peru the places we are planning on visiting are Paracas, Ica, Arequipa and Colca canyon, Cusco and its surroundings and Lake Titicaca. From here to La Paz and then to the salt flats near Uyuni. Back to La Paz and home. I would appreciate advice as to any other places we should visit and the best route we should take to fit it all in. We would prefer to fly or train when possible as apposed to very long bus trips. All information both detailed and general would be gladly received.
Thank you in advance, Brian
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 7 Things to do in Peru
- 2 Getting thru airport security Buenos Aires
- 3 Atm & credit card use in Peru
- 4 Southern Bolivia from Northwest Argentina?
- 5 Peru Trip Report-Lima, Paracas, Cusco
- 6 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 7 Need Lima restaurant recs
- 8 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 9 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 10 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 11 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 12 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 13 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 14 Exciting Times in Colombia
- 15 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 16 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 17 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 18 Sixty days in Colombia
- 19 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 20 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 21 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 22 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 23 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 24 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 25 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?