We are planning a trip of three and half weeks to Peru and Bolivia in September. We are a family of 2 grown up children(15 and 22) who will drag the old folks around(57and 60). We are unspoiled backpacker type travelers and have holidayed through parts of Asia in the last few (30) years. We will fly into Lima and fly out of La Paz. In Peru the places we are planning on visiting are Paracas, Ica, Arequipa and Colca canyon, Cusco and its surroundings and Lake Titicaca. From here to La Paz and then to the salt flats near Uyuni. Back to La Paz and home. I would appreciate advice as to any other places we should visit and the best route we should take to fit it all in. We would prefer to fly or train when possible as apposed to very long bus trips. All information both detailed and general would be gladly received.
Thank you in advance, Brian
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 2 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 3 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 4 Buenos Aires hotel for 2 nights
- 5 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 6 Brazil. Reading lists
- 7 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 8 Any suggestions for tour companies for Inca Trail Trek to MP?
- 9 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 10 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 11 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 12 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 13 Cajamarca
- 14 Choquequirao Questions
- 15 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 16 Amazon and the Inca Trail
- 17 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 18 South America 2 Months Itinery
- 19 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 20 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 21 5 day Galapagos cruise in Nov
- 22 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 23 Sixty days in Colombia
- 24 Machu Picchu - NatGeo vs. OAT
- 25 Taking the Bus Santiago Airport to Valpo