We are planning a trip of three and half weeks to Peru and Bolivia in September. We are a family of 2 grown up children(15 and 22) who will drag the old folks around(57and 60). We are unspoiled backpacker type travelers and have holidayed through parts of Asia in the last few (30) years. We will fly into Lima and fly out of La Paz. In Peru the places we are planning on visiting are Paracas, Ica, Arequipa and Colca canyon, Cusco and its surroundings and Lake Titicaca. From here to La Paz and then to the salt flats near Uyuni. Back to La Paz and home. I would appreciate advice as to any other places we should visit and the best route we should take to fit it all in. We would prefer to fly or train when possible as apposed to very long bus trips. All information both detailed and general would be gladly received.
Thank you in advance, Brian
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 2 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 3 How many days in Medellin area?
- 4 Machu Picchu changes its entry schedule
- 5 Lodging by Medellin Airport
- 6 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 7 Finding a group to hike with
- 8 Buenos Aires, Patagonia hike, Uraguay beach and Iguazu idea feedback needed
- 9 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 10 Chilean Travel Agent Suggestions Needed
- 11 Galapagus July
- 12 The Atacama Desert
- 13 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 14 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 15 2 day Inca Trek and a fear of exposure/heights
- 16 1 day for Iguazu Falls (I know, but that's all she has)
- 17 Pisco sours
- 18 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 19 Last min cruise to the Galapagos
- 20 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 21 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 22 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!
- 23 Help needed with itinerary for Argentina and Chile
- 24 2 Weeks in Cusco Itinerary
- 25 Huacachina, Peru