Just home from Peru. The rumor about limiting visitors to MP is true. During the high season, tourists are limited. Plan on booking a tour. If you take the train and expect to buy a bus ticket, you may not be able to get to the top. People walking the Inca Trail will be limited to 400/day during high season. The taxi, bus, train takes about 10 hours with about 3 hours at MP and lines were LONG. The cost is about $500 pp. Staying overnight at the village and seeing the sun rise looks like it was well worth the extra packing even though we didn't.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Air Conditioning in Valparaiso?
- 2 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 3 Cruise stop over in Lima
- 4 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 5 Santiago and Puerto Montt in a week
- 6 Hotel Suggestions Buenos Aires La Recoleta
- 7 Pantanal on your own
- 8 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 9 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 10 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 11 Ecuador - should we go?
- 12 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 13 Santiago 2 days
- 14 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 15 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 16 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 17 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 18 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 19 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 20 Lodge in Pantanal
- 21 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 22 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 23 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 24 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 25 Buying a one way ticket into South America