I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Peru-13 day Itinerary Help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Three weeks in South America
- 2 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 3 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 4 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 5 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 6 Ecuador - Amazon Basin Trip
- 7 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 8 Easter Day in Rio
- 9 2-weeks trip to Chile, itinerary review
- 10 Patagonia tour
- 11 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 12 Patagonia tour in April
- 13 Patagonia tour
- 14 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 15 Travel to Rio de Janeiro
- 16 Brazil: Bonito/Pantanal : Manaus Guide Recommendations
- 17 Best Peru Tours Review Needed
- 18 What phone works in Peru and Ecuador
- 19 Help! No Idea Where to Go.
- 20 iguazu falls, macchu Picchu and patagonia?
- 21 Argentina ininerary November 2015
- 22 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 23 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 24 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 25 Interesting places to eat in BA?