I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru/Amazon/ Machy Picchu Family Vacation
- 2 galapagos island
- 3 Peru's Amazon and the Heat - Iquitos Ceiba Tops Lodge vs. Puerto Maldonado
- 4 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 5 Thinking of OAT trip to Machu Picchu, Galapagos and Amazon Rain Forest
- 6 christmas in buenos aires
- 7 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 8 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 9 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 10 Best Latin American countries!
- 11 Peru in Late February?
- 12 Sao Paulo
- 13 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 14 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 15 Salud !
- 16 Cartagena
- 17 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 18 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 19 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 20 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 21 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 22 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 23 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 24 Galapagos Island
- 25 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.