I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://dietplanusa.com/testonix-male-enhancement/
- 2 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 3 Exploring the cities of Ecuador's Andes
- 4 Choquequirao Questions
- 5 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 6 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 7 MARCHU PICCHU
- 8 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 9 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 10 One week in Cartagena?
- 11 What type of currency for Bolivia
- 12 Cordoba horseback riding day trip
- 13 Thoughts on our itinerary?
- 14 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 15 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 16 Ecuador Pure Life (tour operator) - very negative experience
- 17 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 18 Another Brazil Visa Application Form question!
- 19 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 20 Iquitos Peru and rain forest
- 21 Help w 2nd Guessing Peru itinerary
- 22 Senior Citizens traveling to Machu Picchu
- 23 2 week Peru trip itinerary - Appreciate feedback
- 24 Rainbow mountain trek
- 25 Advice about Inti Raymi in Ecuador this year