I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 60 day Trip to South America
- 2 Machu Picchu - What Month Most Green for Photos?
- 3 Machu Picchu
- 4 Purchasing 2016 Machu Picchu Tickets
- 5 Machu Picchu in January
- 6 Dangers of crossing Darien Gap
- 7 Other cities to visit in Brazil other than RIO
- 8 Drawing money at ATMs in Brazil
- 9 Cusco Airport to Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza hotel
- 10 Accessibility to Igassu Falls
- 11 Rio Water Quality
- 12 Brazil Tourist Safety tip request
- 13 Galapagos with/Natural Habitat Adventures?
- 14 I Didn't Get Killed in Rio: Our Travels in Peru, Brazil, and Ecuador
- 15 Two day stay in Lima
- 16 Best beach town for Jan- Feb trip
- 17 Cities near santiago chile?
- 18 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 19 Leftover Argentine Pesos - where to sell?
- 20 Van from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- 21 June travel in the Galapagos, Andean Ecuador, and Machu Picchu
- 22 Uyuni Salar Tour Company
- 23 Trip Evacuation Insurance for the Galapagos
- 24 Travelers insurance in Patagonia - need it?
- 25 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?