I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://nitroshredadvice.com/active-brightening-face-serum/
- 2 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 3 Going to Peru with 2 kids (9 and 12yrs)
- 4 Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Amazon Rainforest + more
- 5 Galapagos tour one week on a boat
- 6 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 7 8 days in Ecudor
- 8 Northeast Brazil
- 9 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 10 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 11 Lima, Peru - Travel Report
- 12 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 13 Galapagos - Family Wildlife Tours
- 14 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 15 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 16 Going to Machu Pichu with 4 children
- 17 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 18 James Frazer-Mann - Trying to book El Chalten via Plataforma10 ?
- 19 Adventures / full of experince tours in the Ecuadorians
- 20 Lima - driver for hire
- 21 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 22 OK one final question - concerns AEP!
- 23 Iguazu Falls Couple Last Minute Questions!
- 24 First trip to Argentina - should we just stay in Buenos Aires?
- 25 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?