I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Amy Peru and Chile! (A possibly over enthusiastic trip report)
- 2 Argentina, Uruguay & Chile
- 3 Please help with itinerary!
- 4 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 5 Ridiculously Cheap Airfares to Columbia - Should we go?
- 6 Where to celebrate Easter + milestone birthday?
- 7 Trelew to Peninsula Valdes
- 8 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 9 Argentina
- 10 Tucantravel company.
- 11 Help Planning Atacama for Next Week!
- 12 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 13 Bolivia & Argentina itinerary help
- 14 6 Weeks - Argentina and/or Peru/Colombia? too much in this time?
- 15 Ship travel to South America
- 16 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 17 Need some help with ideas for Argentina and Chile in 2017 please!
- 18 Solo travellers in Chile
- 19 Living in rural South America
- 20 Where to eat in Quito and Cuzco?
- 21 Manufacturer of alpaca clothes!
- 22 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 23 galapagos island
- 24 Huayna Picchu ticket
- 25 Where to book the Salkantay trek?