I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 ¦~ ¦ ~ ¦ B U S 97.C O M ¦~ ¦ ~ ¦ 카지노사이트주소 ¦~ ¦ ~ ¦ 카지노게임
- 2 Neruda's Isla Negra Home - Worth a Detour?
- 3 Valpo, Lakes, Chiloe & Patagonia Time allotment?
- 4 Trip to Amazon where to start
- 5 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!
- 6 Another Amazing Trip to Patagonia
- 7 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 8 Flying Solo to South America
- 9 Tell me soething about South America travel tips?
- 10 South American destinations for introverts?
- 11 Narrowing Down Itinerary
- 12 Where to start in May?
- 13 Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail
- 14 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 15 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 16 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
- 17 Cartagens for 3.5 days. Looking for suggestions-islands, food tours, etc..
- 18 Need day trip/guide suggestions from Puerto Ayora, Galapagos
- 19 Peru Final 15-day Itinerary Help Needed
- 20 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 21 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?
- 22 Peru - Puno & Lakes or Amazon
- 23 Did You Visit the Lakes District and/or Chiloe?
- 24 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 25 Argentina and Bolivia/March and April