I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Yohan, Why Not Suriname
- 2 Has anyone taken the 3:30am Cruz del Sur bus out of Lima?
- 3 Senior Travelers to Galapagos
- 4 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 5 Ten Days in Chile - TdP and Atacama
- 6 Booking Galapagos accommodation upon arrival in the high season
- 7 Drawing money at ATMs in Brazil
- 8 Travel Agency in Peru - Deborah Ferrari
- 9 Best Galapagos cruise itinerary when combining with land trips
- 10 Train to Aguas Calientes
- 11 help with a trip to south america
- 12 Restaurant ideas in Lima for my birthday
- 13 Mistura - anyone been?
- 14 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 15 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 16 Jungle Lodge Brazil
- 17 Tickets to enter Machu Picchu
- 18 Ups and downs of our trip to Peru--from Machu Picchu to LIM airport floor
- 19 Other cities to visit in Brazil other than RIO
- 20 Trip to the Amazon!
- 21 3 nights in Arequipa: music, baby alpaca, restaurant suggestions?
- 22 Peruvian Independence Day
- 23 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!
- 24 Globo hours to change money
- 25 Traveling south america, help