I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 2 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 3 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 4 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 5 Galapagos Add Ons
- 6 First Time In South America Itinerary
- 7 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 8 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 9 Trip Report Ecuador
- 10 Chile, Ecuadoror Columbia
- 11 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 12 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 13 Day trips from Montevideo
- 14 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 15 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 16 Driving tips and suggestions for Torres del Paine
- 17 Help with 3 Week Itinerary
- 18 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice
- 19 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 20 Ecuador, Places to shop
- 21 Only one day in Quito recommendations.
- 22 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 23 Booking the Grey Glacier Boat Tour
- 24 Volunteering in South America, maybe Peru?
- 25 Atacama and ????