I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Peru-13 day Itinerary Help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 2 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 3 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 4 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 5 Christmas in Cusco
- 6 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 7 Cartagena: enough for 4-6 days?
- 8 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 9 transportation in Brazil
- 10 Advice, recommendations and guidance
- 11 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 12 Patagonia Chile
- 13 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 14 Easter Island flight delays?
- 15 argentina & brazil
- 16 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 17 Beware of G Adventures Galapagos tour guides!
- 18 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 19 Brazilian music
- 20 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 21 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 22 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 23 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 24 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 25 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?