I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 2 Huayhuash Circuit in May - good-value trekking companies
- 3 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 4 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 5 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 6 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 7 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 8 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 9 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 10 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 11 Iquitos
- 12 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 13 Rainbow mountain trek
- 14 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 15 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 16 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 17 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 18 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 19 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 20 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 21 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 22 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 23 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio
- 24 Bariloche car rental
- 25 Guide recommendation Cusco Sacred Valley Machu Picchu