I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 2 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 3 Cheap flights from Southern/Cetral Europe to Brazil
- 4 Safety in Rio?
- 5 Galapagos - Anyone book through Safari Tours??
- 6 Peru, help cutting costs
- 7 Peru Itinerary Help
- 8 Chile/Bolivia Itinerary Help
- 9 Macchu pichu by train and trek
- 10 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 11 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 12 Beach from Cartagena
- 13 Solo female travelling around South America
- 14 Peruvian Amazon
- 15 Need Police Report from Santiago!
- 16 10 days in mid-late May 2015!
- 17 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 18 Anyone traveled with Manu Peru Amazon Tour Company?
- 19 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 20 Volcano erupts in Chile near Puerto Varas and Puerto Montt
- 21 URGENT! Call your airline!
- 22 Columbia Local Beer
- 23 Solo backpacking in Argentina and Chile
- 24 El Calafate/Torres del Paine 7 day Itinerary Help
- 25 10 days in Argentina