I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Peru-13 day Itinerary Help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 2 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 3 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 4 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 5 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 6 4 weeks in Chile
- 7 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 8 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 9 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 10 Para Ti, Brazil
- 11 Advice needed for Colombia
- 12 Chile and Argentina
- 13 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 14 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 15 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 16 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 17 El valle de Elquí
- 18 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 19 Columbia Questions
- 20 Bogota
- 21 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 22 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 23 Jewish sites and tour of Buenos Aires?
- 24 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 25 Galapagos in 5 days