I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Peru-13 day Itinerary Help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 2 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 3 Brazilian music
- 4 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 5 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 6 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 7 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 8 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 9 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 10 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 11 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 12 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 13 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 14 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 15 Private sightseeing
- 16 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 17 Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York
- 18 Honeymoon 9 Days in South America
- 19 argentina & brazil
- 20 Argentina-country's financial woes impact a trip?
- 21 private sightseeing
- 22 private tour options
- 23 Currency Woes
- 24 Trek/Tour companies recommendations
- 25 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS