I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Peru-13 day Itinerary Help!
- 1 Trip report for Bariloche
- 2 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 3 should we skip Bolivia in Febuary.
- 4 Crellston and Others
- 5 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 6 Reflections on our South America trip
- 7 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 8 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 9 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 10 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 11 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 12 8 Days in Brazil
- 13 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 14 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 15 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 16 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 17 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 18 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 19 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 20 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 21 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 22 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 23 Peru Hop?
- 24 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 25 Uruguay Re-Do