I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trelew to Peninsula Valdes
- 2 Help Planning Atacama for Next Week!
- 3 Amy Peru and Chile! (A possibly over enthusiastic trip report)
- 4 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 5 Bolivia & Argentina itinerary help
- 6 6 Weeks - Argentina and/or Peru/Colombia? too much in this time?
- 7 Ship travel to South America
- 8 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 9 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 10 Need some help with ideas for Argentina and Chile in 2017 please!
- 11 Solo travellers in Chile
- 12 Living in rural South America
- 13 Where to eat in Quito and Cuzco?
- 14 Manufacturer of alpaca clothes!
- 15 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 16 galapagos island
- 17 Huayna Picchu ticket
- 18 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 19 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 20 Is Buenos Aires cold in September
- 21 Colombia - Cycle holiday for 1 month
- 22 Mendoza in September or where else should we go?
- 23 One Day in Lima
- 24 Seaweed Ambergis Caye
- 25 Medellin places to stay