I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Peru-13 day Itinerary Help!
- 1 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 2 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 3 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 4 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 5 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 6 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 7 8 Days in Brazil
- 8 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 9 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 10 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 11 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 12 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 13 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 14 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 15 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 16 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 17 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 18 Peru Hop?
- 19 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 20 Uruguay Re-Do
- 21 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 22 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 23 More suggested reading
- 24 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 25 Bariloche over XMas