I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Peru-13 day Itinerary Help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Hotel Suggestions Buenos Aires La Recoleta
- 2 Cruise stop over in Lima
- 3 Pantanal on your own
- 4 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 5 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 6 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 7 Ecuador - should we go?
- 8 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 9 Santiago 2 days
- 10 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 11 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 12 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 13 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 14 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 15 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 16 Lodge in Pantanal
- 17 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 18 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 19 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 20 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 21 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 22 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 23 Cell phone in Brazil
- 24 10 Full Days in Peru
- 25 Fly to Fernando de Noronha