I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 First Time to Peru - Specific Itinerary Question
- 2 Peru 18 day itinerary help please!
- 3 Steer Clear of "Amazon Rambo"
- 4 International transfer Buenos Aires AEP
- 5 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 6 Panama, Ecuador and Colombia trip report
- 7 Peru/Amazon/ Machy Picchu Family Vacation
- 8 galapagos island
- 9 Peru's Amazon and the Heat - Iquitos Ceiba Tops Lodge vs. Puerto Maldonado
- 10 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 11 Thinking of OAT trip to Machu Picchu, Galapagos and Amazon Rain Forest
- 12 christmas in buenos aires
- 13 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 14 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 15 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 16 Best Latin American countries!
- 17 Peru in Late February?
- 18 Sao Paulo
- 19 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 20 Salud !
- 21 Cartagena
- 22 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 23 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 24 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 25 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls