I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 2 Pantanal Lodges
- 3 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 4 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 5 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 6 Manaus
- 7 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 8 Renting a car in Patagonia
- 9 Avianca business class
- 10 Suenos Aires, Argentina vs Lisbon, Portugal
- 11 No exit stamp from Brazil, no entry stamp in Paraguay, help!!
- 12 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 13 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 14 Can a Europhile Find Happiness in Argentina and Chile?
- 15 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 16 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 17 How many days in Medellin area?
- 18 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 19 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 20 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 21 Peru Trip for the Family
- 22 Pisco sours
- 23 Huayhuash Trecking 8-16th of july
- 24 Medellin, Colombia - Great Driver
- 25 Looking For Intensive Spanish Immersion Course