I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Peru-13 day Itinerary Help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Heart of the Inca
- 2 Connection in Lima, practical for 3 hours?
- 3 Wet suits in Galapagos
- 4 Trip Report - Very Long
- 5 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 6 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 7 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 8 Senior Citizen's wonderful trip to Sacred Valley thanks to Great Tour Guide
- 9 Tupiza to Tilcara
- 10 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 11 8 Days in Peru
- 12 Hostels in Oruro during Carnaval?
- 13 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 14 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 15 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 16 Transportation in Ecuador
- 17 NW of Argentina
- 18 adventure tour on the Amazon
- 19 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 20 Ten days in Ecuador
- 21 amazon jungle trips
- 22 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 23 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 24 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 25 Dollars, sols or credit cards in Peru?