I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 2 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 3 10 days - Rio/Iguazu and...?
- 4 Travel in Chile- Itinerary advice please
- 5 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 6 Is 8 days too much time in Buenos Aires
- 7 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 8 Horseback riding Peru Cusco - Machu Picchu Ranch El Chalan - Urubamba
- 9 Driving tips and suggestions for Torres del Paine
- 10 First Time In South America Itinerary
- 11 HELP-- Argentina in March
- 12 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 13 Galapagos Add Ons
- 14 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 15 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 16 Trip Report Ecuador
- 17 Chile, Ecuadoror Columbia
- 18 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 19 Day trips from Montevideo
- 20 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 21 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 22 Help with 3 Week Itinerary
- 23 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice
- 24 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 25 Ecuador, Places to shop