I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 New to traveling, and I need help.
- 2 Trip Report - Peru - Long
- 3 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 4 Argentina Trip report
- 5 Pantanal tour prices
- 6 My Lima Layover
- 7 Strike Peru May 27-28 - urgent decision
- 8 Safety in Rio?
- 9 Not your usual Lima Layover Trip Report
- 10 Areas to stay in Rio de Janiero and Buenos Aires
- 11 Travel Agent Recommendation for Patagonia
- 12 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 13 Planning Trip to Patagonia and Wine Country
- 14 Do you need passes to see machu picch?
- 15 Travel in Brazil or visit Machu Picchu?
- 16 It's Restaurant Week in Lima til 24 May
- 17 Hostels in Rio de Janeiro
- 18 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 19 Itinerary Advice..+/- days advice
- 20 recommended hostels in lima and cuzco
- 21 tours and tips
- 22 Transportation from Santiago airport to Valparaiso or Vina del Mar
- 23 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 24 Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro
- 25 Water in Peru