I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Peru-13 day Itinerary Help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 driving to salvador
- 2 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 3 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 4 Currency Woes
- 5 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 6 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 7 Quito trip
- 8 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 9 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 10 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 11 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 12 1 day in Rio
- 13 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 14 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 15 Solo female travelling around South America
- 16 Bariloche car rental
- 17 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 18 Galapagos Islands
- 19 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 20 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 21 Day trip to Paracas
- 22 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 23 Peru trip
- 24 Amazon Manaus Tour Guides
- 25 Chile or Chile/Argentina - 3 Itinerary Ideas, Can't Decide!