I'm planning to travel to Peru (only Andes not the Amazon) with my girlfriend on July, for 10-12 days.
I would like some tips and suggestions about the itinerary:
- Lima (1 night)
- Machu Pichu ( we don't want to do the 4 day Inca trail), Cuzco and Valle Sagrado (3 nights)
would you suggest a base?
- Puno/lake Titicaca (2 nights)
- Colca Canyon (3 nights)
- Lima (1 night), and back home.
I have a lot of doubts about visiting Machu Pichu in one day tour: is it necessary to book in advance(train, bus, park ticket)
Whay do you think about the itinerary?
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina airpass.
- 2 San Salvador Layover
- 3 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 4 South America this October
- 5 Iguazu Falls - 4 star hotel near the airport?
- 6 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 7 Fun adventure ...with 6 yr old
- 8 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 9 Layover in Lima
- 10 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 11 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 12 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 13 Wine Tours in Chile and Argentina -
- 14 Chile & Argentina wine trips
- 15 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 16 Huaraz to Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura
- 17 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 18 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 19 2 weeks in Peru/Chile
- 20 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 21 Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela
- 22 Santiago, Chile
- 23 limited time in Cusco
- 24 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 25 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?