I will be going to South America in October (starting in Bogota, then Leticia, Colombia, and then south to Los Nevados, before leaving Colombia to the south). I REALLY want to see Penguins I have heard that Humboldt's are in northern Chile and Peru, and that there are others up through Ecuador. My question is, are there any good places where Penguins are regularly seen along the MAINLAND coast of Ecuador (not Galapagos) or Peru? Are there any places in northern Chile without having to fly too far south? I would prefer seeing them on the mainland beach if possible, rather than having to get a boat tour due to time and cost. I had heard that there is a Humboldt Preserve in northern Chile and that Humboldts lay eggs in September-October. Are there locations along thee mainland cost here?
Thanks for any help!
Mike McGuire, New Jersey
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Help with Logistics for Machu Picchu, please?
- 2 Driving in Bolivia Near La Paz
- 3 Ecuador Guide Book
- 4 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 5 Money in Buenos Aires
- 6 Best small group walking/hiking tours
- 7 Solo female travelling around South America
- 8 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 9 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 10 Family friendly accommodation Iquitos
- 11 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 12 Buquebus question for AVRooster
- 13 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 14 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 15 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 16 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 17 Quito: Old city or new?
- 18 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 19 Bogota
- 20 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 21 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 22 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 23 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 24 4 weeks in Chile
- 25 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?