I will be going to South America in October (starting in Bogota, then Leticia, Colombia, and then south to Los Nevados, before leaving Colombia to the south). I REALLY want to see Penguins I have heard that Humboldt's are in northern Chile and Peru, and that there are others up through Ecuador. My question is, are there any good places where Penguins are regularly seen along the MAINLAND coast of Ecuador (not Galapagos) or Peru? Are there any places in northern Chile without having to fly too far south? I would prefer seeing them on the mainland beach if possible, rather than having to get a boat tour due to time and cost. I had heard that there is a Humboldt Preserve in northern Chile and that Humboldts lay eggs in September-October. Are there locations along thee mainland cost here?
Thanks for any help!
Mike McGuire, New Jersey
- 1 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 2 travel to iguazu?
- 3 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 4 11-day trip to Easter Island and Santiago.
- 5 We will be in Rio during carnival. Advice needed please.
- 6 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 7 Back to South America
- 8 Vaya Adventures
- 9 Had to cancel our trip to Peru
- 10 19 day Peru Itinerary, your thoughts?
- 11 Van rental in Punta Arena, Chile
- 12 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 13 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 14 Recommendations for Amazon tours
- 15 Recommendations for Galapagos islands tours
- 16 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 17 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 18 Machu Pichu accomodation
- 19 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 20 Need Driver for Iguazu Falls & Foz da Iguacu
- 21 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos
- 22 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 23 Help with Flight Delays & Planning????
- 24 Flights on LAN
- 25 Need help with Cusco itinerary