I will be going to South America in October (starting in Bogota, then Leticia, Colombia, and then south to Los Nevados, before leaving Colombia to the south). I REALLY want to see Penguins I have heard that Humboldt's are in northern Chile and Peru, and that there are others up through Ecuador. My question is, are there any good places where Penguins are regularly seen along the MAINLAND coast of Ecuador (not Galapagos) or Peru? Are there any places in northern Chile without having to fly too far south? I would prefer seeing them on the mainland beach if possible, rather than having to get a boat tour due to time and cost. I had heard that there is a Humboldt Preserve in northern Chile and that Humboldts lay eggs in September-October. Are there locations along thee mainland cost here?
Thanks for any help!
Mike McGuire, New Jersey
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 2 Fire in Valparaiso
- 3 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 4 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 5 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 6 Ecuador - should we go?
- 7 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 8 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 9 Back to South America
- 10 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 11 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 12 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 13 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 14 Driving in Ecuador
- 15 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 16 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 17 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 18 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 19 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 20 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 21 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 22 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 23 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 24 Questions re. Machu Picchu
- 25 Tips for 1-2 Month trip to South America in June / July