This is gariem again. I will be in Buenos Aires alone for two nights both before and after a group wine tour in Chile during April. I have booked a hotel in Palermo Hollywood for the first two nights and a hotel in Recoleta for the last two nights to experience different parts of the city. On Friday night I dined with friends here in the US who grew up in BA and go back every year, in fact they are going next week. They advised me not to stay in Palermo as a single woman traveling alone, stick to Recoleta. They have relatives living in Palermo, and all have been robbed in the streets over time. How safe am I in the evenings? Should I stick to taxis in that neighborhood? (I'll carry cash only, one credit card, no jewelry, etc.) I'll use my cell phone indoors, since my friends' brother had his new iphone ripped off him in mid-sentence on a sidewalk recently. I REALLY wanted to stay in Palermo at Legado Mitico Hotel (which has a guard and is locked at all times, does that tell me something?) I'm petite, in my mid-50's, well traveled in Europe, but no jock. Any comments, avrooster or others? Saludos!
Palermo Viejo vs Recoleta Hotel
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 3 Full Days in Iguazu?
- 2 Lakes District: Where to Base for 10 days
- 3 Patagonia trip decisions
- 4 Machu Picchu First?
- 5 Is it safe to backpack in venezuela?
- 6 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 7 VENEZUELA : avoid POSADA La CASITA and GEKKO TOurs in Ciudad Bolivar
- 8 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 9 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 10 Day trip Iguazu to Arg/Paraguay missions - recommend a tour operator?
- 11 8 Days in Peru
- 12 Travel to Peru with my 5 best friends!
- 13 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 14 Connection in Lima, practical for 3 hours?
- 15 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 16 Peru in December
- 17 Hostels in Oruro during Carnaval?
- 18 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 19 Ipad Hackers in Peru?
- 20 Trip Report - Very Long
- 21 Wet suits in Galapagos
- 22 Heart of the Inca
- 23 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 24 Senior Citizen's wonderful trip to Sacred Valley thanks to Great Tour Guide
- 25 Tupiza to Tilcara