This is gariem again. I will be in Buenos Aires alone for two nights both before and after a group wine tour in Chile during April. I have booked a hotel in Palermo Hollywood for the first two nights and a hotel in Recoleta for the last two nights to experience different parts of the city. On Friday night I dined with friends here in the US who grew up in BA and go back every year, in fact they are going next week. They advised me not to stay in Palermo as a single woman traveling alone, stick to Recoleta. They have relatives living in Palermo, and all have been robbed in the streets over time. How safe am I in the evenings? Should I stick to taxis in that neighborhood? (I'll carry cash only, one credit card, no jewelry, etc.) I'll use my cell phone indoors, since my friends' brother had his new iphone ripped off him in mid-sentence on a sidewalk recently. I REALLY wanted to stay in Palermo at Legado Mitico Hotel (which has a guard and is locked at all times, does that tell me something?) I'm petite, in my mid-50's, well traveled in Europe, but no jock. Any comments, avrooster or others? Saludos!
Palermo Viejo vs Recoleta Hotel
- 1 Machu Pichu accomodation
- 2 Vaya Adventures
- 3 Help needed - how to get from Iguazu border to Foz do Iguazu hotel?
- 4 Estancia near Mendoza?
- 5 11-day trip to Easter Island and Santiago.
- 6 Galapagos -- Anahi or Millenium
- 7 Taxi fares for my options at the Falls (Argentina).
- 8 Taxi fares for my options at the Falls.
- 9 Recommendations for Amazon tours
- 10 19 day Peru Itinerary, your thoughts?
- 11 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 12 Back to South America
- 13 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 14 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 15 We will be in Rio during carnival. Advice needed please.
- 16 Had to cancel our trip to Peru
- 17 Van rental in Punta Arena, Chile
- 18 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 19 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 20 Recommendations for Galapagos islands tours
- 21 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 22 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 23 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 24 Need Driver for Iguazu Falls & Foz da Iguacu
- 25 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos