I'm wondering if you guys think that a one week vacation in Cartagena inside the walled city is too long or not... Should we split the week into 2 destinations or does Cartagena offer easy cheap day trips to keep things interesting for a week? And how big is the walled old section, is it enough to discover new things for a few days or could it be all seen in 1 day? And finally, the plane + hotel are at a good price, but I read that it's an expensive city, what can I expect in terms of eating expenses and are there cheap grocery stores where we can buy sandwiches, fruits, nuts, cereals, etc. in order to not eat out in restaurants all the time?
I went a few years back to Puerto Vallarta and stayed in the old section of the city, and I did a few easy excursions by bus to Sayulita and Boca de Tomatlan... It was a great vacation for me because it was all sea front, lots of great walks, restaurants, shops, good atmosphere... It was a combination of relaxing but also sightseeing... I'm trying to see if Cartagena and its day trips can offer a similar type of vacation or if it's too different... I know for sure that Cartagena is more picturesque which is a big plus.
Also besides Puerto Vallarta, how would destinations like Havana and Panama City compare to Cartagena in your opinion in terms of experience for 1 week vacation... I've never been but I'm considering them too... Thanks
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Windows 10 install@ CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h CAre 24/7
- 2 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 3 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 4 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 5 Manaus
- 6 Pantanal Lodges
- 7 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 8 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 9 Renting a car in Patagonia
- 10 Avianca business class
- 11 Suenos Aires, Argentina vs Lisbon, Portugal
- 12 No exit stamp from Brazil, no entry stamp in Paraguay, help!!
- 13 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 14 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 15 Can a Europhile Find Happiness in Argentina and Chile?
- 16 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 17 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 18 How many days in Medellin area?
- 19 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 20 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 21 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 22 Peru Trip for the Family
- 23 Pisco sours
- 24 Huayhuash Trecking 8-16th of july
- 25 Medellin, Colombia - Great Driver