There will be 4 of us we do not have much time in Peru (only 7 nights) and we do not want to move from place to place. Our last 2 nights will be in Lima. We fly into Cusco and can not decide whether to have Cusco as our main base or Ollantaytambo. We plan to spend one day at Machu Picchu. We also plan on a trip to the market at Pisac. We enjoy horseback riding, beginners white water rafting, and hiking excursions. But we also enjoy shopping and good restaurants. We are leaning towards Ollantaytambo as our base for 5 nights but are having a difficult time deciding if spending 5 nights in Ollantaytambo is too long. Can we do all of these activities out of Cusco? Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Ollantaytambo or Cusco as our base?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 2 Car rental in Patagonia
- 3 Itinerary Feedback
- 4 Lima to Foz
- 5 Chile Private Tour
- 6 Language study in Brazil
- 7 Columbia Questions
- 8 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 9 Chile reciprocity fee - Canadian citizens
- 10 Argentina Holiday Help
- 11 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 12 driving up the coast from rio de janeiro to salvador
- 13 Chile - IVA Tax
- 14 Christmas present to Cusco?
- 15 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 16 Trip Report
- 17 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 18 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 19 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 20 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 21 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 22 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 23 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 24 1st South American adventure
- 25 Short trip to Chile during New Year?