There will be 4 of us we do not have much time in Peru (only 7 nights) and we do not want to move from place to place. Our last 2 nights will be in Lima. We fly into Cusco and can not decide whether to have Cusco as our main base or Ollantaytambo. We plan to spend one day at Machu Picchu. We also plan on a trip to the market at Pisac. We enjoy horseback riding, beginners white water rafting, and hiking excursions. But we also enjoy shopping and good restaurants. We are leaning towards Ollantaytambo as our base for 5 nights but are having a difficult time deciding if spending 5 nights in Ollantaytambo is too long. Can we do all of these activities out of Cusco? Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Ollantaytambo or Cusco as our base?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 2 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 3 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 4 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 5 2 wks in Colombia
- 6 Dentist in Buenos Aires
- 7 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 8 iguaza falls
- 9 Argentina Holiday Help
- 10 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 11 Buenos Aries
- 12 Tour guide for Machu Picchu
- 13 Travel to Ecuador in pregnancy
- 14 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 15 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 16 cheap flights to paraguay
- 17 Lake Titicaca and Puno - advice on itinerary and altitude sickness?
- 18 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 19 CHILE, please help me in planning our trip.....
- 20 I SURVIVED PERU (subtitle: yes, it's safe for a solo female traveler)
- 21 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 22 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 23 Transport in and around Peru (buses/taxis) - safety
- 24 Getting from Punta Arenas, Chile, to Ushuaia, Argentina
- 25 Peru - best way to handle money? Bring a lot of cash for exchange or ATMs?