There will be 4 of us we do not have much time in Peru (only 7 nights) and we do not want to move from place to place. Our last 2 nights will be in Lima. We fly into Cusco and can not decide whether to have Cusco as our main base or Ollantaytambo. We plan to spend one day at Machu Picchu. We also plan on a trip to the market at Pisac. We enjoy horseback riding, beginners white water rafting, and hiking excursions. But we also enjoy shopping and good restaurants. We are leaning towards Ollantaytambo as our base for 5 nights but are having a difficult time deciding if spending 5 nights in Ollantaytambo is too long. Can we do all of these activities out of Cusco? Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Ollantaytambo or Cusco as our base?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 2 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 3 Mendoza
- 4 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 5 Pet friendly housing in Cusco, Peru
- 6 Hotel Suggestions Buenos Aires La Recoleta
- 7 Air Conditioning in Valparaiso?
- 8 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 9 Cruise stop over in Lima
- 10 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 11 Santiago and Puerto Montt in a week
- 12 Pantanal on your own
- 13 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 14 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 15 Ecuador - should we go?
- 16 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 17 Santiago 2 days
- 18 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 19 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 20 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 21 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 22 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 23 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 24 Lodge in Pantanal
- 25 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia