There will be 4 of us we do not have much time in Peru (only 7 nights) and we do not want to move from place to place. Our last 2 nights will be in Lima. We fly into Cusco and can not decide whether to have Cusco as our main base or Ollantaytambo. We plan to spend one day at Machu Picchu. We also plan on a trip to the market at Pisac. We enjoy horseback riding, beginners white water rafting, and hiking excursions. But we also enjoy shopping and good restaurants. We are leaning towards Ollantaytambo as our base for 5 nights but are having a difficult time deciding if spending 5 nights in Ollantaytambo is too long. Can we do all of these activities out of Cusco? Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Ollantaytambo or Cusco as our base?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Help with Logistics for Machu Picchu, please?
- 2 Return Flight from Lima to Cuzco
- 3 Ecuador Guide Book
- 4 Driving in Bolivia Near La Paz
- 5 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 6 Money in Buenos Aires
- 7 Best small group walking/hiking tours
- 8 Solo female travelling around South America
- 9 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 10 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 11 Family friendly accommodation Iquitos
- 12 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 13 Buquebus question for AVRooster
- 14 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 15 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 16 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 17 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 18 Quito: Old city or new?
- 19 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 20 Bogota
- 21 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 22 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 23 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 24 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 25 4 weeks in Chile