There will be 4 of us we do not have much time in Peru (only 7 nights) and we do not want to move from place to place. Our last 2 nights will be in Lima. We fly into Cusco and can not decide whether to have Cusco as our main base or Ollantaytambo. We plan to spend one day at Machu Picchu. We also plan on a trip to the market at Pisac. We enjoy horseback riding, beginners white water rafting, and hiking excursions. But we also enjoy shopping and good restaurants. We are leaning towards Ollantaytambo as our base for 5 nights but are having a difficult time deciding if spending 5 nights in Ollantaytambo is too long. Can we do all of these activities out of Cusco? Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Ollantaytambo or Cusco as our base?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 2 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 3 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 4 Christmas in Cusco
- 5 transportation in Brazil
- 6 Advice, recommendations and guidance
- 7 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 8 Patagonia Chile
- 9 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 10 Cartagena: enough for 4-6 days?
- 11 Easter Island flight delays?
- 12 argentina & brazil
- 13 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 14 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 15 Beware of G Adventures Galapagos tour guides!
- 16 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 17 Brazilian music
- 18 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 19 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 20 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 21 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 22 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 23 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 24 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 25 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires