Were flying into Salta in late January for 7 days and 6 nights an looking to explore the region. Weve had peek at the other forums and came up with this .. be great to get some advice/feedback Will this be rushed or will we have time to soak everything up & enjoy??
Day 1 : Arrive Salta midday. Pick up hire car & drive to Purmarca. Stay the night
Day 2: Explore Purmarca and then drive to Salt Flats in the afternoon. Drive back to Purmarca. Stay the night
Day 3: Head to Humahuaca & Tilcara - then hea back to Salta. Stay in Salta for the night
Day 4: Drive to Cafayate. Explore area & wineries. Stay Cafayate
Day 5; Cafayate.
Day 6: Cafayate.
Day 7: Drive back from Cafayate. Overnight bus to Mendoza
or possibly one day less in Cafayate and have a day/night in Salta??
Can anyone give us an idea of driving times?
Also as we'll be there in January will we need to book accommodation beforehand?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 New to traveling, and I need help.
- 2 Trip Report - Peru - Long
- 3 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 4 Argentina Trip report
- 5 Pantanal tour prices
- 6 My Lima Layover
- 7 Strike Peru May 27-28 - urgent decision
- 8 Safety in Rio?
- 9 Not your usual Lima Layover Trip Report
- 10 Areas to stay in Rio de Janiero and Buenos Aires
- 11 Travel Agent Recommendation for Patagonia
- 12 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 13 Planning Trip to Patagonia and Wine Country
- 14 Do you need passes to see machu picch?
- 15 Travel in Brazil or visit Machu Picchu?
- 16 It's Restaurant Week in Lima til 24 May
- 17 Hostels in Rio de Janeiro
- 18 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 19 Itinerary Advice..+/- days advice
- 20 recommended hostels in lima and cuzco
- 21 tours and tips
- 22 Transportation from Santiago airport to Valparaiso or Vina del Mar
- 23 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 24 Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro
- 25 Water in Peru