Were flying into Salta in late January for 7 days and 6 nights an looking to explore the region. Weve had peek at the other forums and came up with this .. be great to get some advice/feedback Will this be rushed or will we have time to soak everything up & enjoy??
Day 1 : Arrive Salta midday. Pick up hire car & drive to Purmarca. Stay the night
Day 2: Explore Purmarca and then drive to Salt Flats in the afternoon. Drive back to Purmarca. Stay the night
Day 3: Head to Humahuaca & Tilcara - then hea back to Salta. Stay in Salta for the night
Day 4: Drive to Cafayate. Explore area & wineries. Stay Cafayate
Day 5; Cafayate.
Day 6: Cafayate.
Day 7: Drive back from Cafayate. Overnight bus to Mendoza
or possibly one day less in Cafayate and have a day/night in Salta??
Can anyone give us an idea of driving times?
Also as we'll be there in January will we need to book accommodation beforehand?
North West Argentina 7 days & 6 nights
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Santiago 2 days
- 2 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 3 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 4 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 5 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 6 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 7 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 8 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 9 Lodge in Pantanal
- 10 Pantanal on your own
- 11 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 12 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 13 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 14 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 15 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 16 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 17 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 18 Cell phone in Brazil
- 19 10 Full Days in Peru
- 20 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 21 10 day itinerary questions
- 22 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 23 Please comment on this 8 week itinerary (Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru)!
- 24 Iguazu Falls for a single woman?
- 25 ATM San Pedro de Atacama