Were flying into Salta in late January for 7 days and 6 nights an looking to explore the region. Weve had peek at the other forums and came up with this .. be great to get some advice/feedback Will this be rushed or will we have time to soak everything up & enjoy??
Day 1 : Arrive Salta midday. Pick up hire car & drive to Purmarca. Stay the night
Day 2: Explore Purmarca and then drive to Salt Flats in the afternoon. Drive back to Purmarca. Stay the night
Day 3: Head to Humahuaca & Tilcara - then hea back to Salta. Stay in Salta for the night
Day 4: Drive to Cafayate. Explore area & wineries. Stay Cafayate
Day 5; Cafayate.
Day 6: Cafayate.
Day 7: Drive back from Cafayate. Overnight bus to Mendoza
or possibly one day less in Cafayate and have a day/night in Salta??
Can anyone give us an idea of driving times?
Also as we'll be there in January will we need to book accommodation beforehand?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina airpass.
- 2 Quito taxis
- 3 Separate tickets - question
- 4 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 5 Machu Picchu bus ticket online
- 6 San Salvador Layover
- 7 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 8 South America this October
- 9 Iguazu Falls - 4 star hotel near the airport?
- 10 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 11 Fun adventure ...with 6 yr old
- 12 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 13 Layover in Lima
- 14 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 15 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 16 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 17 Wine Tours in Chile and Argentina -
- 18 Chile & Argentina wine trips
- 19 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 20 Huaraz to Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura
- 21 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 22 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 23 2 weeks in Peru/Chile
- 24 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 25 Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela