Were flying into Salta in late January for 7 days and 6 nights an looking to explore the region. Weve had peek at the other forums and came up with this .. be great to get some advice/feedback Will this be rushed or will we have time to soak everything up & enjoy??
Day 1 : Arrive Salta midday. Pick up hire car & drive to Purmarca. Stay the night
Day 2: Explore Purmarca and then drive to Salt Flats in the afternoon. Drive back to Purmarca. Stay the night
Day 3: Head to Humahuaca & Tilcara - then hea back to Salta. Stay in Salta for the night
Day 4: Drive to Cafayate. Explore area & wineries. Stay Cafayate
Day 5; Cafayate.
Day 6: Cafayate.
Day 7: Drive back from Cafayate. Overnight bus to Mendoza
or possibly one day less in Cafayate and have a day/night in Salta??
Can anyone give us an idea of driving times?
Also as we'll be there in January will we need to book accommodation beforehand?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 2 christmas in buenos aires
- 3 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 4 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 5 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 6 Best Latin American countries!
- 7 Peru in Late February?
- 8 Sao Paulo
- 9 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 10 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 11 Salud !
- 12 Cartagena
- 13 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 14 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 15 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 16 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 17 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 18 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 19 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 20 Galapagos Island
- 21 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 22 Puno to Lima
- 23 Solmar Tours in Peru
- 24 opinions on itinerary flow
- 25 If it's Tuesday, this must be...Nicaragua, the Peruvian Amazon, or Colombia