Were flying into Salta in late January for 7 days and 6 nights an looking to explore the region. Weve had peek at the other forums and came up with this .. be great to get some advice/feedback Will this be rushed or will we have time to soak everything up & enjoy??
Day 1 : Arrive Salta midday. Pick up hire car & drive to Purmarca. Stay the night
Day 2: Explore Purmarca and then drive to Salt Flats in the afternoon. Drive back to Purmarca. Stay the night
Day 3: Head to Humahuaca & Tilcara - then hea back to Salta. Stay in Salta for the night
Day 4: Drive to Cafayate. Explore area & wineries. Stay Cafayate
Day 5; Cafayate.
Day 6: Cafayate.
Day 7: Drive back from Cafayate. Overnight bus to Mendoza
or possibly one day less in Cafayate and have a day/night in Salta??
Can anyone give us an idea of driving times?
Also as we'll be there in January will we need to book accommodation beforehand?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 South American Mix: Easter Island, Machu Picchu, Rio & the Pantanal
- 2 Steaks and Tango - Suggestions Please
- 3 Cartegena - beach or centre for a week?
- 4 Buenos Aires for a month?
- 5 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 6 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 7 What to skip in Argentina
- 8 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 9 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 10 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 11 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 12 40th Birthday Trip: Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, Amazon
- 13 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 14 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 15 Itineraries
- 16 Advice on Chile itinerary
- 17 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 18 Itinerary Help Argentina Chile Patagonia in 23 days
- 19 Torres Del Paine - total 2 weeks in Chile
- 20 Please help with Peru itinerary
- 21 Machu picchu with a toddler and baby
- 22 3.5 days in Rio
- 23 Iguaçu Falls fast trip
- 24 One month free to travel in February
- 25 Transportation in Ecuador