Were flying into Salta in late January for 7 days and 6 nights an looking to explore the region. Weve had peek at the other forums and came up with this .. be great to get some advice/feedback Will this be rushed or will we have time to soak everything up & enjoy??
Day 1 : Arrive Salta midday. Pick up hire car & drive to Purmarca. Stay the night
Day 2: Explore Purmarca and then drive to Salt Flats in the afternoon. Drive back to Purmarca. Stay the night
Day 3: Head to Humahuaca & Tilcara - then hea back to Salta. Stay in Salta for the night
Day 4: Drive to Cafayate. Explore area & wineries. Stay Cafayate
Day 5; Cafayate.
Day 6: Cafayate.
Day 7: Drive back from Cafayate. Overnight bus to Mendoza
or possibly one day less in Cafayate and have a day/night in Salta??
Can anyone give us an idea of driving times?
Also as we'll be there in January will we need to book accommodation beforehand?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 2 Argentina, Uruguay & Chile
- 3 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 4 Argentina
- 5 Tucantravel company.
- 6 Trelew to Peninsula Valdes
- 7 Help Planning Atacama for Next Week!
- 8 Amy Peru and Chile! (A possibly over enthusiastic trip report)
- 9 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 10 Bolivia & Argentina itinerary help
- 11 6 Weeks - Argentina and/or Peru/Colombia? too much in this time?
- 12 Ship travel to South America
- 13 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 14 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 15 Need some help with ideas for Argentina and Chile in 2017 please!
- 16 Solo travellers in Chile
- 17 Living in rural South America
- 18 Where to eat in Quito and Cuzco?
- 19 Manufacturer of alpaca clothes!
- 20 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 21 galapagos island
- 22 Huayna Picchu ticket
- 23 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 24 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 25 Is Buenos Aires cold in September