Were flying into Salta in late January for 7 days and 6 nights an looking to explore the region. Weve had peek at the other forums and came up with this .. be great to get some advice/feedback Will this be rushed or will we have time to soak everything up & enjoy??
Day 1 : Arrive Salta midday. Pick up hire car & drive to Purmarca. Stay the night
Day 2: Explore Purmarca and then drive to Salt Flats in the afternoon. Drive back to Purmarca. Stay the night
Day 3: Head to Humahuaca & Tilcara - then hea back to Salta. Stay in Salta for the night
Day 4: Drive to Cafayate. Explore area & wineries. Stay Cafayate
Day 5; Cafayate.
Day 6: Cafayate.
Day 7: Drive back from Cafayate. Overnight bus to Mendoza
or possibly one day less in Cafayate and have a day/night in Salta??
Can anyone give us an idea of driving times?
Also as we'll be there in January will we need to book accommodation beforehand?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cartagena - lodging help needed for city and beach area
- 2 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 3 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 4 Cheap flights from Southern/Cetral Europe to Brazil
- 5 Safety in Rio?
- 6 Galapagos - Anyone book through Safari Tours??
- 7 Peru, help cutting costs
- 8 Peru Itinerary Help
- 9 Chile/Bolivia Itinerary Help
- 10 Macchu pichu by train and trek
- 11 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 12 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 13 Beach from Cartagena
- 14 Solo female travelling around South America
- 15 Peruvian Amazon
- 16 Need Police Report from Santiago!
- 17 10 days in mid-late May 2015!
- 18 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 19 Anyone traveled with Manu Peru Amazon Tour Company?
- 20 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 21 Volcano erupts in Chile near Puerto Varas and Puerto Montt
- 22 URGENT! Call your airline!
- 23 Columbia Local Beer
- 24 Solo backpacking in Argentina and Chile
- 25 El Calafate/Torres del Paine 7 day Itinerary Help