I am going to Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, and Brazil next month. I was wondering if anyone knows if a portable weather radio will work in South America? I was concerned about flash floods, and the lahar/volcanic hazards in the Banos, Ecuador while I am there. I am aware that in the USA NOAA operates the airwaves, but I was wondering if their counterparts in these countries may operate similar programming on the same radio bands. I do speak Spanish beyond just simply "getting by" so stations being in Spanish is not a problem.
Thanks for any help!
Mike McGuire, New Jersey
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Valpo, Lakes, Chiloe & Patagonia Time allotment?
- 2 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 3 Flying Solo to South America
- 4 Tell me soething about South America travel tips?
- 5 South American destinations for introverts?
- 6 Narrowing Down Itinerary
- 7 Where to start in May?
- 8 Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail
- 9 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 10 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 11 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
- 12 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!
- 13 Cartagens for 3.5 days. Looking for suggestions-islands, food tours, etc..
- 14 Need day trip/guide suggestions from Puerto Ayora, Galapagos
- 15 Peru Final 15-day Itinerary Help Needed
- 16 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 17 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?
- 18 Peru - Puno & Lakes or Amazon
- 19 Did You Visit the Lakes District and/or Chiloe?
- 20 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 21 Argentina and Bolivia/March and April
- 22 Belated trip report (Quito and Mindo)
- 23 Machu Picchu...Doable?
- 24 Valparaiso to Santiago Airport - How Much Time to Allow?
- 25 Nazcaflights.com - Jon Green - Any good?