I am going to Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, and Brazil next month. I was wondering if anyone knows if a portable weather radio will work in South America? I was concerned about flash floods, and the lahar/volcanic hazards in the Banos, Ecuador while I am there. I am aware that in the USA NOAA operates the airwaves, but I was wondering if their counterparts in these countries may operate similar programming on the same radio bands. I do speak Spanish beyond just simply "getting by" so stations being in Spanish is not a problem.
Thanks for any help!
Mike McGuire, New Jersey
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Steaks and Tango - Suggestions Please
- 2 Argentina (Chile?)
- 3 South American Mix: Easter Island, Machu Picchu, Rio & the Pantanal
- 4 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 5 Buenos Aires for a month?
- 6 Cartegena - beach or centre for a week?
- 7 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 8 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 9 What to skip in Argentina
- 10 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 11 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 12 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 13 40th Birthday Trip: Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, Amazon
- 14 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 15 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 16 Itineraries
- 17 Advice on Chile itinerary
- 18 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 19 Itinerary Help Argentina Chile Patagonia in 23 days
- 20 Torres Del Paine - total 2 weeks in Chile
- 21 Please help with Peru itinerary
- 22 Machu picchu with a toddler and baby
- 23 3.5 days in Rio
- 24 Iguaçu Falls fast trip
- 25 One month free to travel in February