I am going to Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, and Brazil next month. I was wondering if anyone knows if a portable weather radio will work in South America? I was concerned about flash floods, and the lahar/volcanic hazards in the Banos, Ecuador while I am there. I am aware that in the USA NOAA operates the airwaves, but I was wondering if their counterparts in these countries may operate similar programming on the same radio bands. I do speak Spanish beyond just simply "getting by" so stations being in Spanish is not a problem.
Thanks for any help!
Mike McGuire, New Jersey
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Galapagus July
- 2 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 3 Bolivian Visa
- 4 Anyone familiar with Sky Airlines?
- 5 How to count hotel floors in Ecuador?
- 6 8 days in Ecudor
- 7 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 8 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 9 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 10 Going to Peru with 2 kids (9 and 12yrs)
- 11 Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Amazon Rainforest + more
- 12 Galapagos tour one week on a boat
- 13 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 14 Northeast Brazil
- 15 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 16 Lima, Peru - Travel Report
- 17 Galapagos - Family Wildlife Tours
- 18 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 19 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 20 Going to Machu Pichu with 4 children
- 21 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 22 James Frazer-Mann - Trying to book El Chalten via Plataforma10 ?
- 23 Adventures / full of experince tours in the Ecuadorians
- 24 Lima - driver for hire
- 25 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby