Namaste || Hola !
I am planning for a 2 month South America Trip (Dec 9th,2013 - Feb 14/15/16/17, 2014)
The countries I am planning to travel to are Perú, Bolivia, Chile,Argentina, Brazil.
My budget is roughly about $4800USD ( around Rs. 3,00,000 INR)
I am planning to land in Lima,Peru and fly out either from Rio,Brazil or Sao Paulo, Brazil depending on my itinerary and ticket prices.
I will be doing the first leg of my journey with my Sister and Brother-in-law (Peru and Bolivia).
This is our itinerary for Peru and Bolivia
Reach Lima: Dec 10th night.
Lima - Dec 11 - Dec 12
Leave Lima Dec 13 - By Air (morning) (Flight tickets booked)
Cuzco - Dec 13
Machu Picchu - Dec 14-16
Cuzco - Dec 17
Travel to Puno/lake titicaca . night at lake titicaca - Dec 18
Copacabana/la paz .night in la paz Dec 19
La Paz - Dec 20
Leave La Paz Dec 20 night and reach Uyuni Dec 21 morning
Uyuni - Dec 21-22
Leave Uyuni Dec 22 and Reach potosi (Dec 22 late night). night in potosi
Potosi Dec 23
(From Potosi my sister and brother-in-law move on to Santa Cruz,bolivia for their flight to Boston)
From Potosi I intend to backpack solo through Chile, Argentina and Brazil.
I am yet to decide on how many days I will be spending in each country(I am looking at 12-15 days per country)
Places I intend to visit :
2) Easter Islands( might have to leave out ..too expensive)
3) San Pedro de Atacama
4) Reserva Nacional Pan de Azúcar
8) Buenos Aires
9) Perito Moreno Glacier
10) Iguazu falls (both the sides)
12) Sao Paulo
I am aware of the fact most of the places are not possible to do in this trip but I would love to cover as much as possible..
I would be travelling mostly by buses to save on money. Will also be looking for cheap flights tickets.
Need some help in elimination of places and suggestions on what else can be seen or done. How do i go about the buses (bookings, bus companies), the route to take.
Some info about me :
Nationality : Indian ( Need to apply for tourist visas for all the countries (Only Bolivia has VOA for Indian Passport Holders ) ..Was planning to touch Uruguay but the embassy website says it need around 20 days for processing my visa so had to drop it).
Interest : Won't mind doing a few treks, beaches, people watching, would definitely love to experience the nightlife, not too keen on visiting museums(1 or 2 here and there would do), the regular tourist attractions, wine tasting, dance to local music(may be even take a crash course on dancing ), cities, culture and enjoying the lifestyle of another country.
Happy to stay in hostels. I need to keep the costs as low as I can but splash out on the necessary things that make a difference(eg Machu Picchu).
Not bothered about eating in flash restaurants.
Money : My budget is around $4800 USD of which around $1900 usd will go for my air tickets ( Mumbai,India - Lima , Rio-Mumbai) and another $350- USD for visas which leaves me with around $2500 USD.
Is it doable in $2500 usd . If yes, then what is the best way (route and places) and if not what should I miss out or should I reduce the number of days ?
Also I need some info about Potosi . Its my sister's birthday on December 23rd.. (the whole idea behind this trip was to celebrate her birthday together). What are the options in Potosi for celebrating her birthday ? We would be doing the mining tour there and hopefully using dynamites ... What are the other options there? Clubs ?
Dhanyawad(Thank you in Hindi) . Looking forward to your replies.....
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 2 Pantanal Lodges
- 3 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 4 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 5 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 6 Manaus
- 7 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 8 Renting a car in Patagonia
- 9 Avianca business class
- 10 Suenos Aires, Argentina vs Lisbon, Portugal
- 11 No exit stamp from Brazil, no entry stamp in Paraguay, help!!
- 12 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 13 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 14 Can a Europhile Find Happiness in Argentina and Chile?
- 15 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 16 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 17 How many days in Medellin area?
- 18 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 19 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 20 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 21 Peru Trip for the Family
- 22 Pisco sours
- 23 Huayhuash Trecking 8-16th of july
- 24 Medellin, Colombia - Great Driver
- 25 Looking For Intensive Spanish Immersion Course
Namaste || Hola !