Hello Travel Experts!
We just booked our international tickets to Peru and I need some help planning my itinerary there. We're getting into Lima on June 28th and will be headed back to the US on July 7th. Here's what I have so far:
June 29th- morning flight to Puerto Maldonado - 3 nights in Refugio Amazonas
July 2nd - fly to Cucsco (afternoon flight) - 2 nights in Cusco (tues, wed nights)
July 4th (thu) - stay in olly (SV sights, Pisac)
July 5th (Fri) - early morning train to MP, spend day in MP, stay in Aguas calientes - Friday night
July 6th (Sat) - train back to Cusco. Spend last day and night relaxing in Cusco
July 7th (Sun) - early morning flight to Lima, intl flight back to US at 2:15 in the afternoon.
Couple of questions regarding this itinerary:
1. Does it make sense to spend 3 nights in PEM, or should I make it 2 nights and spend 1 extra day in the Cusco region?
2. With my current itinerary - I have 3 nights for Cusco - is that too much? Should I instead head back to Lima on July 6th Saturday and spend the day and night in Lima?
3. Is one night enough in Olly? I can also do 1 night in cusco, 2 nights in Olly, and then 1 night again in Cusco on the way back on Sat night?
Would love some feedback!!
By the way, we were thinking Refugio Amazonas for the rainforest stay - anyone have any feedback on that?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Help us plan our dream SA trip!
- 2 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 3 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 4 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 5 Waterfalls near Puyo, Tena, and Baeza in Ecuador
- 6 Best Trek in Peru? (Huayhuash Circuit vs Inca Trail)
- 7 Bariloche car rental
- 8 Trip Report: Studying Spanish in Quito and Cuenca 2007
- 9 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 10 Machu Picchu in January
- 11 Dining in Medellin
- 12 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 13 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 14 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 15 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 16 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 17 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 18 santiago chile area
- 19 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 20 Reflections on our South America trip
- 21 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 22 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 23 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 24 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?
- 25 visit in the area of Campinas,Brazil and weather
Hello Travel Experts!