Hello Travel Experts!
We just booked our international tickets to Peru and I need some help planning my itinerary there. We're getting into Lima on June 28th and will be headed back to the US on July 7th. Here's what I have so far:
June 29th- morning flight to Puerto Maldonado - 3 nights in Refugio Amazonas
July 2nd - fly to Cucsco (afternoon flight) - 2 nights in Cusco (tues, wed nights)
July 4th (thu) - stay in olly (SV sights, Pisac)
July 5th (Fri) - early morning train to MP, spend day in MP, stay in Aguas calientes - Friday night
July 6th (Sat) - train back to Cusco. Spend last day and night relaxing in Cusco
July 7th (Sun) - early morning flight to Lima, intl flight back to US at 2:15 in the afternoon.
Couple of questions regarding this itinerary:
1. Does it make sense to spend 3 nights in PEM, or should I make it 2 nights and spend 1 extra day in the Cusco region?
2. With my current itinerary - I have 3 nights for Cusco - is that too much? Should I instead head back to Lima on July 6th Saturday and spend the day and night in Lima?
3. Is one night enough in Olly? I can also do 1 night in cusco, 2 nights in Olly, and then 1 night again in Cusco on the way back on Sat night?
Would love some feedback!!
By the way, we were thinking Refugio Amazonas for the rainforest stay - anyone have any feedback on that?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Water in Peru
- 2 Areas to stay in Rio de Janiero and Buenos Aires
- 3 Argentina Trip report
- 4 Travel Agent Recommendation for Patagonia
- 5 Rio to Paraguay and Iguazu Falls advice needed
- 6 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 7 Trip Report: Bogota
- 8 Peru to Salar de Uyuni
- 9 Colchagua Valey
- 10 Do you need passes to see machu picch?
- 11 Planning Trip to Patagonia and Wine Country
- 12 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 13 Travel in Brazil or visit Machu Picchu?
- 14 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 15 Trip Report - Peru - Long
- 16 Pantanal tour prices
- 17 Safety in Rio?
- 18 Tours to Machu Picchu
- 19 New to traveling, and I need help.
- 20 My Lima Layover
- 21 Strike Peru May 27-28 - urgent decision
- 22 Not your usual Lima Layover Trip Report
- 23 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 24 It's Restaurant Week in Lima til 24 May
- 25 Hostels in Rio de Janeiro
Hello Travel Experts!