Hello Travel Experts!
We just booked our international tickets to Peru and I need some help planning my itinerary there. We're getting into Lima on June 28th and will be headed back to the US on July 7th. Here's what I have so far:
June 29th- morning flight to Puerto Maldonado - 3 nights in Refugio Amazonas
July 2nd - fly to Cucsco (afternoon flight) - 2 nights in Cusco (tues, wed nights)
July 4th (thu) - stay in olly (SV sights, Pisac)
July 5th (Fri) - early morning train to MP, spend day in MP, stay in Aguas calientes - Friday night
July 6th (Sat) - train back to Cusco. Spend last day and night relaxing in Cusco
July 7th (Sun) - early morning flight to Lima, intl flight back to US at 2:15 in the afternoon.
Couple of questions regarding this itinerary:
1. Does it make sense to spend 3 nights in PEM, or should I make it 2 nights and spend 1 extra day in the Cusco region?
2. With my current itinerary - I have 3 nights for Cusco - is that too much? Should I instead head back to Lima on July 6th Saturday and spend the day and night in Lima?
3. Is one night enough in Olly? I can also do 1 night in cusco, 2 nights in Olly, and then 1 night again in Cusco on the way back on Sat night?
Would love some feedback!!
By the way, we were thinking Refugio Amazonas for the rainforest stay - anyone have any feedback on that?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Best Trek in Peru? (Huayhuash Circuit vs Inca Trail)
- 2 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 3 salkantay trek
- 4 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 5 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 6 Rainbow mountain trek
- 7 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 8 Cusco/Machu Picchu Trip
- 9 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 10 Huayhuash Circuit in May - good-value trekking companies
- 11 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 12 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 13 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 14 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 15 Iquitos
- 16 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 17 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 18 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 19 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 20 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 21 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 22 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 23 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 24 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 25 Agency to purchase tickets to US
Hello Travel Experts!