Hello Travel Experts!
We just booked our international tickets to Peru and I need some help planning my itinerary there. We're getting into Lima on June 28th and will be headed back to the US on July 7th. Here's what I have so far:
June 29th- morning flight to Puerto Maldonado - 3 nights in Refugio Amazonas
July 2nd - fly to Cucsco (afternoon flight) - 2 nights in Cusco (tues, wed nights)
July 4th (thu) - stay in olly (SV sights, Pisac)
July 5th (Fri) - early morning train to MP, spend day in MP, stay in Aguas calientes - Friday night
July 6th (Sat) - train back to Cusco. Spend last day and night relaxing in Cusco
July 7th (Sun) - early morning flight to Lima, intl flight back to US at 2:15 in the afternoon.
Couple of questions regarding this itinerary:
1. Does it make sense to spend 3 nights in PEM, or should I make it 2 nights and spend 1 extra day in the Cusco region?
2. With my current itinerary - I have 3 nights for Cusco - is that too much? Should I instead head back to Lima on July 6th Saturday and spend the day and night in Lima?
3. Is one night enough in Olly? I can also do 1 night in cusco, 2 nights in Olly, and then 1 night again in Cusco on the way back on Sat night?
Would love some feedback!!
By the way, we were thinking Refugio Amazonas for the rainforest stay - anyone have any feedback on that?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Panama, Ecuador and Colombia trip report
- 2 Peru 18 day itinerary help please!
- 3 Peru/Amazon/ Machy Picchu Family Vacation
- 4 galapagos island
- 5 Peru's Amazon and the Heat - Iquitos Ceiba Tops Lodge vs. Puerto Maldonado
- 6 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 7 Thinking of OAT trip to Machu Picchu, Galapagos and Amazon Rain Forest
- 8 christmas in buenos aires
- 9 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 10 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 11 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 12 Best Latin American countries!
- 13 Peru in Late February?
- 14 Sao Paulo
- 15 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 16 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 17 Salud !
- 18 Cartagena
- 19 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 20 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 21 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 22 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 23 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 24 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 25 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
Hello Travel Experts!