Hello all! I have been looking through horseback trip stuff and can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I am an experienced rider (owned horses from age 5-19). I'm 24 in relatively good shape and not afraid to "rough it"....i.e. camping and doing most of the horse care myself. I would love to take a long trip (at least 9 days....preferably more) in June and am fine with ending up somewhere else/willing to travel to where the trip starts. Almost every trip I've found looks too expensive for me, tailored to inexperienced riders or (related to price) really fancy. I could push and spend around $1500-$2000 for the trip, but I'd rather find something for less....My goal monthly budget is around $2,000 but I'm willing to save a little on the side before my trip to do this. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Need Advice- Ecuador Horseback Trip
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 2 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 3 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 4 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 5 Bogota
- 6 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 7 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 8 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 9 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 10 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 11 4 weeks in Chile
- 12 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 13 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 14 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 15 Para Ti, Brazil
- 16 Advice needed for Colombia
- 17 Chile and Argentina
- 18 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 19 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 20 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 21 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 22 El valle de Elquí
- 23 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 24 Columbia Questions
- 25 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia