Our trip is booked May 24th through June 3rd. Thank you everyone for the great recommendations from my other post.
On May 30th we are we will take the Sacred Valley route (we are staying in Ollantaytambo) Peru Rail to Machu Picchu. I am trying to decide the best way to go and would appreciate any recommendations.
1. Is it worth it to take a 5:00am train to see the sunrise at MP? If not, what time do you recommend?
2. We want to make the most of the day there. Should we stay until they close at 5:30pm or is that too long? What have others done?
3. Vistadome vs. Expedition train? Is it worth the extra money for Vistadome?
4. Tour guide or alone? Our hotel can arrange a private guide to meet us at the train station for $60. Is this a good price?
5. The climb Huayna Picchu, is it worth $60 per person = $120 for me and my husband? Has anyone done this?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 ✆yahoo technical Support phone number 1888+482+3831✆yahoo help number✆yahoo
- 2 Anyone familiar with Sky Airlines?
- 3 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 4 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 5 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 6 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 7 Going to Peru with 2 kids (9 and 12yrs)
- 8 Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Amazon Rainforest + more
- 9 Galapagos tour one week on a boat
- 10 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 11 8 days in Ecudor
- 12 Northeast Brazil
- 13 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 14 Lima, Peru - Travel Report
- 15 Galapagos - Family Wildlife Tours
- 16 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 17 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 18 Going to Machu Pichu with 4 children
- 19 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 20 James Frazer-Mann - Trying to book El Chalten via Plataforma10 ?
- 21 Adventures / full of experince tours in the Ecuadorians
- 22 Lima - driver for hire
- 23 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 24 OK one final question - concerns AEP!
- 25 Iguazu Falls Couple Last Minute Questions!