Our trip is booked May 24th through June 3rd. Thank you everyone for the great recommendations from my other post.
On May 30th we are we will take the Sacred Valley route (we are staying in Ollantaytambo) Peru Rail to Machu Picchu. I am trying to decide the best way to go and would appreciate any recommendations.
1. Is it worth it to take a 5:00am train to see the sunrise at MP? If not, what time do you recommend?
2. We want to make the most of the day there. Should we stay until they close at 5:30pm or is that too long? What have others done?
3. Vistadome vs. Expedition train? Is it worth the extra money for Vistadome?
4. Tour guide or alone? Our hotel can arrange a private guide to meet us at the train station for $60. Is this a good price?
5. The climb Huayna Picchu, is it worth $60 per person = $120 for me and my husband? Has anyone done this?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 2 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 3 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 4 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 5 Manaus
- 6 Pantanal Lodges
- 7 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 8 Renting a car in Patagonia
- 9 Avianca business class
- 10 Suenos Aires, Argentina vs Lisbon, Portugal
- 11 No exit stamp from Brazil, no entry stamp in Paraguay, help!!
- 12 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 13 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 14 Can a Europhile Find Happiness in Argentina and Chile?
- 15 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 16 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 17 How many days in Medellin area?
- 18 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 19 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 20 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 21 Peru Trip for the Family
- 22 Pisco sours
- 23 Huayhuash Trecking 8-16th of july
- 24 Medellin, Colombia - Great Driver
- 25 Looking For Intensive Spanish Immersion Course