Our trip is booked May 24th through June 3rd. Thank you everyone for the great recommendations from my other post.
On May 30th we are we will take the Sacred Valley route (we are staying in Ollantaytambo) Peru Rail to Machu Picchu. I am trying to decide the best way to go and would appreciate any recommendations.
1. Is it worth it to take a 5:00am train to see the sunrise at MP? If not, what time do you recommend?
2. We want to make the most of the day there. Should we stay until they close at 5:30pm or is that too long? What have others done?
3. Vistadome vs. Expedition train? Is it worth the extra money for Vistadome?
4. Tour guide or alone? Our hotel can arrange a private guide to meet us at the train station for $60. Is this a good price?
5. The climb Huayna Picchu, is it worth $60 per person = $120 for me and my husband? Has anyone done this?
Machu Picchu Questions-Need help
- 1 Iquitos, Gateway to the Peruvian Amazon rain forest
- 2 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 3 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 4 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 5 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 6 8 Days in Brazil
- 7 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 8 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 9 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 10 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 11 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 12 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 13 Peru Hop?
- 14 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 15 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 16 Uruguay Re-Do
- 17 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 18 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 19 More suggested reading
- 20 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 21 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 22 Bariloche over XMas
- 23 Quark Expeditions 50% off sale - Antarctica 2014
- 24 Traveling with a Computer?
- 25 Christmas Day in Buenos Aires