Our trip is booked May 24th through June 3rd. Thank you everyone for the great recommendations from my other post.
On May 30th we are we will take the Sacred Valley route (we are staying in Ollantaytambo) Peru Rail to Machu Picchu. I am trying to decide the best way to go and would appreciate any recommendations.
1. Is it worth it to take a 5:00am train to see the sunrise at MP? If not, what time do you recommend?
2. We want to make the most of the day there. Should we stay until they close at 5:30pm or is that too long? What have others done?
3. Vistadome vs. Expedition train? Is it worth the extra money for Vistadome?
4. Tour guide or alone? Our hotel can arrange a private guide to meet us at the train station for $60. Is this a good price?
5. The climb Huayna Picchu, is it worth $60 per person = $120 for me and my husband? Has anyone done this?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 2 Amazon side trip
- 3 Lima stopover
- 4 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 5 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 6 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 7 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 8 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 9 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 10 Santiago - where to stay?
- 11 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 12 Tour guide/ agency
- 13 Patagonia Planning
- 14 Salta/NW Argentina, no car
- 15 March trip to Brazil
- 16 Iguazu Falls -- is Brazil side worth the cost?
- 17 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 18 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 19 Iguacu Falls Itinerary and Photography Question
- 20 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST
- 21 Safety?
- 22 Peru travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 23 Colca Canyon - to the top with a bus?
- 24 Extension to Galapagos trip
- 25 ONLY! 1 1/2 Days in Buenos Aires.