Our trip is booked May 24th through June 3rd. Thank you everyone for the great recommendations from my other post.
On May 30th we are we will take the Sacred Valley route (we are staying in Ollantaytambo) Peru Rail to Machu Picchu. I am trying to decide the best way to go and would appreciate any recommendations.
1. Is it worth it to take a 5:00am train to see the sunrise at MP? If not, what time do you recommend?
2. We want to make the most of the day there. Should we stay until they close at 5:30pm or is that too long? What have others done?
3. Vistadome vs. Expedition train? Is it worth the extra money for Vistadome?
4. Tour guide or alone? Our hotel can arrange a private guide to meet us at the train station for $60. Is this a good price?
5. The climb Huayna Picchu, is it worth $60 per person = $120 for me and my husband? Has anyone done this?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Chile
- 2 Argentina (Chile?)
- 3 Travel agency in Columbia
- 4 South American Mix: Easter Island, Machu Picchu, Rio & the Pantanal
- 5 Torres Del Paine - total 2 weeks in Chile
- 6 Buenos Aires for a month?
- 7 Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Amazon Rainforest + more
- 8 Cartagena tips
- 9 Steaks and Tango - Suggestions Please
- 10 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 11 Cartegena - beach or centre for a week?
- 12 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 13 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 14 What to skip in Argentina
- 15 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 16 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 17 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 18 40th Birthday Trip: Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, Amazon
- 19 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 20 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 21 Itineraries
- 22 Advice on Chile itinerary
- 23 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 24 Itinerary Help Argentina Chile Patagonia in 23 days
- 25 Please help with Peru itinerary