Our trip is booked May 24th through June 3rd. Thank you everyone for the great recommendations from my other post.
On May 30th we are we will take the Sacred Valley route (we are staying in Ollantaytambo) Peru Rail to Machu Picchu. I am trying to decide the best way to go and would appreciate any recommendations.
1. Is it worth it to take a 5:00am train to see the sunrise at MP? If not, what time do you recommend?
2. We want to make the most of the day there. Should we stay until they close at 5:30pm or is that too long? What have others done?
3. Vistadome vs. Expedition train? Is it worth the extra money for Vistadome?
4. Tour guide or alone? Our hotel can arrange a private guide to meet us at the train station for $60. Is this a good price?
5. The climb Huayna Picchu, is it worth $60 per person = $120 for me and my husband? Has anyone done this?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 the Clarins skin care product selection
- 2 No exit stamp for Argentina - problem?
- 3 http://quicksupplementfact.com/intelleral-reviews/
- 4 Santiago - where to stay?
- 5 Chile Trekking options
- 6 Customs/Immigration Buenos Aires
- 7 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 8 visiting Patagonia on cruise ship vs land trip
- 9 Posting Again...any info on Macae, Brazil..100+ miles north of Rio?
- 10 Making the most of Montevideo
- 11 Peru transport questioins
- 12 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST
- 13 Packing for 2.5 months in Buenos Aires
- 14 Oasis Collection - Apartments in Buenos Aires
- 15 Insect repellent recommendations
- 16 Is Nat Geo Family Odyssey to Galapagos truly kid-friendly
- 17 Places to eat like a local
- 18 Galapagos
- 19 Sunday Brunch at Alvear Palace with Avrooster
- 20 Ecuador - Tap Water Question
- 21 Taxi Ezeiza - BEWARE!
- 22 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 23 Fifteenth
- 24 Four Days in Buenos Aires
- 25 Patagonia w/out Guide