Our trip is booked May 24th through June 3rd. Thank you everyone for the great recommendations from my other post.
On May 30th we are we will take the Sacred Valley route (we are staying in Ollantaytambo) Peru Rail to Machu Picchu. I am trying to decide the best way to go and would appreciate any recommendations.
1. Is it worth it to take a 5:00am train to see the sunrise at MP? If not, what time do you recommend?
2. We want to make the most of the day there. Should we stay until they close at 5:30pm or is that too long? What have others done?
3. Vistadome vs. Expedition train? Is it worth the extra money for Vistadome?
4. Tour guide or alone? Our hotel can arrange a private guide to meet us at the train station for $60. Is this a good price?
5. The climb Huayna Picchu, is it worth $60 per person = $120 for me and my husband? Has anyone done this?
Machu Picchu Questions-Need help
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Currency Woes
- 2 Argentina (and Chile?): basic itinerary
- 3 Just a week!
- 4 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 5 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 6 driving to salvador
- 7 Peru itinerary in March.. Comments needed please
- 8 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 9 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 10 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 11 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 12 Quito trip
- 13 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 14 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 15 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 16 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 17 1 day in Rio
- 18 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 19 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 20 Solo female travelling around South America
- 21 Bariloche car rental
- 22 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 23 Galapagos Islands
- 24 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 25 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!