We are considering a week long trip with Southern Explorations in Peru to see Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley. I would like to do at least the one day hike from Km 104 up to Winay Wayna and then Machu Picchu, which I know has to be done with a guide. But do we need to be with a guide for anything else on the trip: Cuzco, the Sacred Valley, etc. or is that a waste of money? And is there any reason to spend any time in LIma at all? I often make my own arrangements, but we're using this company to do the Galapagos right before Peru, so they said they could do this, too.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Ecuador - should we go?
- 2 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 3 Santiago 2 days
- 4 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 5 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 6 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 7 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 8 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 9 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 10 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 11 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 12 Lodge in Pantanal
- 13 Pantanal on your own
- 14 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 15 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 16 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 17 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 18 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 19 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 20 Cell phone in Brazil
- 21 10 Full Days in Peru
- 22 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 23 10 day itinerary questions
- 24 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 25 Please comment on this 8 week itinerary (Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru)!