We are considering a week long trip with Southern Explorations in Peru to see Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley. I would like to do at least the one day hike from Km 104 up to Winay Wayna and then Machu Picchu, which I know has to be done with a guide. But do we need to be with a guide for anything else on the trip: Cuzco, the Sacred Valley, etc. or is that a waste of money? And is there any reason to spend any time in LIma at all? I often make my own arrangements, but we're using this company to do the Galapagos right before Peru, so they said they could do this, too.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 2 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 3 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 4 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 5 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 6 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 7 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 8 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 9 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 10 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 11 Quito recommendations
- 12 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 13 Ecuador-tour guides
- 14 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 15 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 16 lima airport transport
- 17 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 18 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 19 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 20 Argentina currency
- 21 Traveling to Peru for two weeks... Itinerary suggestions needed!!
- 22 End in sight for Chile reciprocity fee
- 23 Fishing near Iguazu Falls?
- 24 Seeking Tips for Upcoming Trip to Rio, Iguazu and Buenos Aires
- 25 Macchu Picchu - Going Solo?