We are considering a week long trip with Southern Explorations in Peru to see Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley. I would like to do at least the one day hike from Km 104 up to Winay Wayna and then Machu Picchu, which I know has to be done with a guide. But do we need to be with a guide for anything else on the trip: Cuzco, the Sacred Valley, etc. or is that a waste of money? And is there any reason to spend any time in LIma at all? I often make my own arrangements, but we're using this company to do the Galapagos right before Peru, so they said they could do this, too.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 2 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 3 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 4 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 5 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 6 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 7 4 weeks in Chile
- 8 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 9 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 10 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 11 Para Ti, Brazil
- 12 Advice needed for Colombia
- 13 Chile and Argentina
- 14 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 15 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 16 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 17 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 18 El valle de Elquí
- 19 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 20 Columbia Questions
- 21 Bogota
- 22 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 23 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 24 Jewish sites and tour of Buenos Aires?
- 25 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South