I've just been invited to spend some time in Ecuador, Quito specifically, with my brother who will be there for the summer and has rented a two bedroom apartment. I hadn't thought I would be able to afford a trip this year so this is hitting me totally out of the blue! I'm still not certain I can afford to go but I might as well plan as though I can.
What I'd like are some suggestions for resources to learn about Ecuador, Quito, etc. I will be reading posts on this forum and trip reports but I'm interested in websites and book recommendations. If I do go it will be sometime in June or July.
I normally plan quite a bit in advance, I've been planning a trip to Paris for Spring 2012, so I feel quite rushed this time. Any information you could point me towards would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Need help with hotel in Lima asap
- 2 Cartagena - lodging help needed for city and beach area
- 3 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 4 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 5 Cheap flights from Southern/Cetral Europe to Brazil
- 6 Safety in Rio?
- 7 Galapagos - Anyone book through Safari Tours??
- 8 Peru, help cutting costs
- 9 Peru Itinerary Help
- 10 Chile/Bolivia Itinerary Help
- 11 Macchu pichu by train and trek
- 12 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 13 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 14 Beach from Cartagena
- 15 Solo female travelling around South America
- 16 Peruvian Amazon
- 17 Need Police Report from Santiago!
- 18 10 days in mid-late May 2015!
- 19 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 20 Anyone traveled with Manu Peru Amazon Tour Company?
- 21 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 22 Volcano erupts in Chile near Puerto Varas and Puerto Montt
- 23 URGENT! Call your airline!
- 24 Columbia Local Beer
- 25 Solo backpacking in Argentina and Chile