I've just been invited to spend some time in Ecuador, Quito specifically, with my brother who will be there for the summer and has rented a two bedroom apartment. I hadn't thought I would be able to afford a trip this year so this is hitting me totally out of the blue! I'm still not certain I can afford to go but I might as well plan as though I can.
What I'd like are some suggestions for resources to learn about Ecuador, Quito, etc. I will be reading posts on this forum and trip reports but I'm interested in websites and book recommendations. If I do go it will be sometime in June or July.
I normally plan quite a bit in advance, I've been planning a trip to Paris for Spring 2012, so I feel quite rushed this time. Any information you could point me towards would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 2 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 3 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 4 Southern Bolivia from Northwest Argentina?
- 5 Expat meet up.
- 6 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 7 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 8 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 9 Exciting Times in Colombia
- 10 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 11 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 12 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 13 Sixty days in Colombia
- 14 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 15 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 16 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 17 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 18 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 19 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 20 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 21 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 22 Booking sites - HELP! Don't want to be scammed
- 23 summer olympics in Rio
- 24 2 Weeks in Rio in Nov End
- 25 Trip ideas for 2 weeks in South America??