I've just been invited to spend some time in Ecuador, Quito specifically, with my brother who will be there for the summer and has rented a two bedroom apartment. I hadn't thought I would be able to afford a trip this year so this is hitting me totally out of the blue! I'm still not certain I can afford to go but I might as well plan as though I can.
What I'd like are some suggestions for resources to learn about Ecuador, Quito, etc. I will be reading posts on this forum and trip reports but I'm interested in websites and book recommendations. If I do go it will be sometime in June or July.
I normally plan quite a bit in advance, I've been planning a trip to Paris for Spring 2012, so I feel quite rushed this time. Any information you could point me towards would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Driving tips and suggestions for Torres del Paine
- 2 Help with 3 Week Itinerary
- 3 participants who click on on on on on the hyperlink
- 4 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice
- 5 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 6 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 7 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 8 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 9 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 10 Ecuador, Places to shop
- 11 Only one day in Quito recommendations.
- 12 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 13 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 14 Booking the Grey Glacier Boat Tour
- 15 Volunteering in South America, maybe Peru?
- 16 Atacama and ????
- 17 Departure Tax leaving Colombia
- 18 Travel to Peru in 2 weeks
- 19 How Long Before departure @Bogota Airport Arrival Time
- 20 Tarapoto
- 21 First Time In South America Itinerary
- 22 Patagonia!
- 23 South america to Easter Island then to Tahiti
- 24 Travel from Valparaiso, Chile to Santiago.
- 25 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina