I've just been invited to spend some time in Ecuador, Quito specifically, with my brother who will be there for the summer and has rented a two bedroom apartment. I hadn't thought I would be able to afford a trip this year so this is hitting me totally out of the blue! I'm still not certain I can afford to go but I might as well plan as though I can.
What I'd like are some suggestions for resources to learn about Ecuador, Quito, etc. I will be reading posts on this forum and trip reports but I'm interested in websites and book recommendations. If I do go it will be sometime in June or July.
I normally plan quite a bit in advance, I've been planning a trip to Paris for Spring 2012, so I feel quite rushed this time. Any information you could point me towards would be appreciated.
Looking for resources
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 2 Quito trip
- 3 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 4 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 5 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 6 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 7 1 day in Rio
- 8 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 9 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 10 Solo female travelling around South America
- 11 Bariloche car rental
- 12 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 13 Galapagos Islands
- 14 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 15 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 16 Day trip to Paracas
- 17 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 18 Peru trip
- 19 Amazon Manaus Tour Guides
- 20 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 21 Chile or Chile/Argentina - 3 Itinerary Ideas, Can't Decide!
- 22 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 23 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 24 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 25 Mendoza - Wine Lodges robberies