My husband and I are going to Peru for a week in April. We are flying overnight from LA to Lima, arriving in the morning and catching a connecting flight to Cusco, arriving about 2pm.
I've contacted a driver/guide for our 4 days there. He will provide the airport transfer, 2 day tours and a transfer+sightseeing to Cusco. I'm looking for some feedback on our proposed itinerary.
This is the current plan:
Saturday- Arrive Cusco, transfer to Urubamba hotel late afternoon
Sunday- Sacred Valley tour; Ollantaytambo archeological site, Pisaq market and ruins.
Monday- Sacred Valley tour- Maras salt pans, Moray terraces, Chincheros town.
Tuesday- visit Machu Picchu
Wednesday-Transfer from hotel to Cusco, visiting Sacsayhuaman, Quenko , Pucapucara,
Tambomachay, Qoricancha ( temple of the Sun).
1. My reasoning behind visiting MP on a Tuesday is because I'd read Mondays at MP can be busy because most tourists visit the market towns on Sundays and Tuesdays. But because of this, we'd be visiting Chincheros on a Monday when there is no official market day. Is it worth it? I'd really wanted to see the market there. But we will also be at Pisac on Sunday.
2. Should I reorganize the itinerary to go to MP on Monday and do the Day 2 of SV on Tuesday?
3. I'm not sure how long each one of the SV sights takes to visit, but the guide is allowing for about a half day for each tour, returning us to our hotel "after lunch". Does that seem rushed? Part of me thinks so, but the other part wonders if due to altitude, I might welcome the opportunity to rest on those days in the afternoon.
I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 2 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 3 Narrowing Down Itinerary
- 4 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
- 5 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!
- 6 Cartagens for 3.5 days. Looking for suggestions-islands, food tours, etc..
- 7 Need day trip/guide suggestions from Puerto Ayora, Galapagos
- 8 Peru Final 15-day Itinerary Help Needed
- 9 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 10 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?
- 11 Peru - Puno & Lakes or Amazon
- 12 Did You Visit the Lakes District and/or Chiloe?
- 13 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 14 Where to start in May?
- 15 Argentina and Bolivia/March and April
- 16 Belated trip report (Quito and Mindo)
- 17 Machu Picchu...Doable?
- 18 Valparaiso to Santiago Airport - How Much Time to Allow?
- 19 Nazcaflights.com - Jon Green - Any good?
- 20 Santiago & Valparaiso - Attire Questions
- 21 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 22 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 23 Argentina October 2016
- 24 Another Amazing Trip to Patagonia
- 25 Looking for quiet 1-bedroom apartment in Santiago