My husband and I are going to Peru for a week in April. We are flying overnight from LA to Lima, arriving in the morning and catching a connecting flight to Cusco, arriving about 2pm.
I've contacted a driver/guide for our 4 days there. He will provide the airport transfer, 2 day tours and a transfer+sightseeing to Cusco. I'm looking for some feedback on our proposed itinerary.
This is the current plan:
Saturday- Arrive Cusco, transfer to Urubamba hotel late afternoon
Sunday- Sacred Valley tour; Ollantaytambo archeological site, Pisaq market and ruins.
Monday- Sacred Valley tour- Maras salt pans, Moray terraces, Chincheros town.
Tuesday- visit Machu Picchu
Wednesday-Transfer from hotel to Cusco, visiting Sacsayhuaman, Quenko , Pucapucara,
Tambomachay, Qoricancha ( temple of the Sun).
1. My reasoning behind visiting MP on a Tuesday is because I'd read Mondays at MP can be busy because most tourists visit the market towns on Sundays and Tuesdays. But because of this, we'd be visiting Chincheros on a Monday when there is no official market day. Is it worth it? I'd really wanted to see the market there. But we will also be at Pisac on Sunday.
2. Should I reorganize the itinerary to go to MP on Monday and do the Day 2 of SV on Tuesday?
3. I'm not sure how long each one of the SV sights takes to visit, but the guide is allowing for about a half day for each tour, returning us to our hotel "after lunch". Does that seem rushed? Part of me thinks so, but the other part wonders if due to altitude, I might welcome the opportunity to rest on those days in the afternoon.
I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 신천지여신 ≪ 접속주소 :≫vvn67.com≪
- 2 Proposed Argentina trip for Feb '18 - looking for advice?
- 3 Cusco area and Machu Picchu guide
- 4 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 5 Argentina with a touch of Chile and some help needed
- 6 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 7 Argentina vs Chile
- 8 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 9 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 10 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 11 Avianca business class
- 12 Planning Argentina Trip
- 13 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 14 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 15 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 16 Feria de las flores
- 17 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 18 Brazilian Visa Documents - Help!
- 19 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 20 comments
- 21 Cusco to La Paz Priorities: Puno VS Copacabana VS La Paz VS Coroico
- 22 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 23 Huacachina, Peru
- 24 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 25 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro