My husband and I are going to Peru for a week in April. We are flying overnight from LA to Lima, arriving in the morning and catching a connecting flight to Cusco, arriving about 2pm.
I've contacted a driver/guide for our 4 days there. He will provide the airport transfer, 2 day tours and a transfer+sightseeing to Cusco. I'm looking for some feedback on our proposed itinerary.
This is the current plan:
Saturday- Arrive Cusco, transfer to Urubamba hotel late afternoon
Sunday- Sacred Valley tour; Ollantaytambo archeological site, Pisaq market and ruins.
Monday- Sacred Valley tour- Maras salt pans, Moray terraces, Chincheros town.
Tuesday- visit Machu Picchu
Wednesday-Transfer from hotel to Cusco, visiting Sacsayhuaman, Quenko , Pucapucara,
Tambomachay, Qoricancha ( temple of the Sun).
1. My reasoning behind visiting MP on a Tuesday is because I'd read Mondays at MP can be busy because most tourists visit the market towns on Sundays and Tuesdays. But because of this, we'd be visiting Chincheros on a Monday when there is no official market day. Is it worth it? I'd really wanted to see the market there. But we will also be at Pisac on Sunday.
2. Should I reorganize the itinerary to go to MP on Monday and do the Day 2 of SV on Tuesday?
3. I'm not sure how long each one of the SV sights takes to visit, but the guide is allowing for about a half day for each tour, returning us to our hotel "after lunch". Does that seem rushed? Part of me thinks so, but the other part wonders if due to altitude, I might welcome the opportunity to rest on those days in the afternoon.
I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://www.healthsupreviews.com/zytek-xl/
- 2 Northeast Brazil
- 3 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 4 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 5 Lima, Peru - Travel Report
- 6 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 7 Going to Peru with 2 kids (9 and 12yrs)
- 8 Galapagos - Family Wildlife Tours
- 9 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 10 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 11 Going to Machu Pichu with 4 children
- 12 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 13 James Frazer-Mann - Trying to book El Chalten via Plataforma10 ?
- 14 Adventures / full of experince tours in the Ecuadorians
- 15 Lima - driver for hire
- 16 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 17 OK one final question - concerns AEP!
- 18 Iguazu Falls Couple Last Minute Questions!
- 19 First trip to Argentina - should we just stay in Buenos Aires?
- 20 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 21 Booking Treks in Cusco?
- 22 Best Hostels Cusco?
- 23 ONE WEEK IN COLOMBIA
- 24 Itinerary help
- 25 Itinerary help