We are leaving for out Honeymoon to Peru early Tuesday morning (YAY! )
We are making our way to the Sacred Valley... but first we have an almost 7 hour layover in Lima.
We arrive at 11pm -- and leave at 5:45 am.
I know it's late.. but 7 hours in an airport doesn't sound like that much fun to me...
Sooo Fodorites... I'm wondering if there is anywhere we can go, that's safe, to kill a couple of hours and see something when it's late?
I've heard downtown is a $15 cab ride .. but I don't know if anything will be open/happening on a Tuesday night/Wednesday morning??
I've also heard Miaflores is fairly close.
Thanks in adavnce
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 2 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 3 Safety warning?
- 4 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 5 Iguazu falls logistics
- 6 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 7 Packing for Chile in November
- 8 Lima stopover
- 9 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 10 Amazon side trip
- 11 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 12 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 13 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 14 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 15 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 16 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 17 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 18 Santiago - where to stay?
- 19 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 20 Tour guide/ agency
- 21 Patagonia Planning
- 22 Salta/NW Argentina, no car
- 23 March trip to Brazil
- 24 Iguazu Falls -- is Brazil side worth the cost?
- 25 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?