Hello, still here!
At the point of making reservations where we think we will need them for our retirement trip.
Thinking we will be in the Lakes District of Chile and Argentina for 3 weeks January and February. We would like to rent a place for 7-10 days of this timeframe and take day trips, both driving, hiking and cycling. Still sorting through the pros and cons of areas in Chile and Argentina. Have looked at Pucon, Puerto Varas, San Martin de los Andes, Bariloche and Villa Angustura.
We envision a place where we could eat out well, have a glass of wine in a lively place, take scenic car trips and do some hiking, etc. returning to a quiet apartment at end of day. We are willing to rent a car as needed.
I know we are going at a popular time of year and thought best reserve now.
Any thoughts appreciated.
Lakes District: Where to Base for 10 days
Hello, still here!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Chile reciprocity fee - Canadian citizens
- 2 Argentina Holiday Help
- 3 Language study in Brazil
- 4 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 5 driving up the coast from rio de janeiro to salvador
- 6 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 7 Chile - IVA Tax
- 8 Christmas present to Cusco?
- 9 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 10 Trip Report
- 11 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 12 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 13 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 14 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 15 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 16 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 17 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 18 1st South American adventure
- 19 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 20 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 21 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 22 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 23 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 24 For Neoptropical Birders
- 25 Columbia Questions