Hello, still here!
At the point of making reservations where we think we will need them for our retirement trip.
Thinking we will be in the Lakes District of Chile and Argentina for 3 weeks January and February. We would like to rent a place for 7-10 days of this timeframe and take day trips, both driving, hiking and cycling. Still sorting through the pros and cons of areas in Chile and Argentina. Have looked at Pucon, Puerto Varas, San Martin de los Andes, Bariloche and Villa Angustura.
We envision a place where we could eat out well, have a glass of wine in a lively place, take scenic car trips and do some hiking, etc. returning to a quiet apartment at end of day. We are willing to rent a car as needed.
I know we are going at a popular time of year and thought best reserve now.
Any thoughts appreciated.
Lakes District: Where to Base for 10 days
Hello, still here!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 2 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 3 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 4 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 5 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 6 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 7 4 weeks in Chile
- 8 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 9 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 10 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 11 Para Ti, Brazil
- 12 Advice needed for Colombia
- 13 Chile and Argentina
- 14 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 15 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 16 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 17 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 18 El valle de Elquí
- 19 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 20 Columbia Questions
- 21 Bogota
- 22 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 23 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 24 Jewish sites and tour of Buenos Aires?
- 25 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South