Hello, still here!
At the point of making reservations where we think we will need them for our retirement trip.
Thinking we will be in the Lakes District of Chile and Argentina for 3 weeks January and February. We would like to rent a place for 7-10 days of this timeframe and take day trips, both driving, hiking and cycling. Still sorting through the pros and cons of areas in Chile and Argentina. Have looked at Pucon, Puerto Varas, San Martin de los Andes, Bariloche and Villa Angustura.
We envision a place where we could eat out well, have a glass of wine in a lively place, take scenic car trips and do some hiking, etc. returning to a quiet apartment at end of day. We are willing to rent a car as needed.
I know we are going at a popular time of year and thought best reserve now.
Any thoughts appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 2 Ten Days in Chile - TdP and Atacama
- 3 Booking Galapagos accommodation upon arrival in the high season
- 4 Drawing money at ATMs in Brazil
- 5 Travel Agency in Peru - Deborah Ferrari
- 6 Best Galapagos cruise itinerary when combining with land trips
- 7 Train to Aguas Calientes
- 8 help with a trip to south america
- 9 Restaurant ideas in Lima for my birthday
- 10 Mistura - anyone been?
- 11 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 12 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 13 Yohan, Why Not Suriname
- 14 Jungle Lodge Brazil
- 15 Tickets to enter Machu Picchu
- 16 Ups and downs of our trip to Peru--from Machu Picchu to LIM airport floor
- 17 Other cities to visit in Brazil other than RIO
- 18 Trip to the Amazon!
- 19 3 nights in Arequipa: music, baby alpaca, restaurant suggestions?
- 20 Peruvian Independence Day
- 21 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!
- 22 Globo hours to change money
- 23 Traveling south america, help
- 24 Birding in Mindo
- 25 Cartagena - lodging help needed for city and beach area
Hello, still here!