Hello, still here!
At the point of making reservations where we think we will need them for our retirement trip.
Thinking we will be in the Lakes District of Chile and Argentina for 3 weeks January and February. We would like to rent a place for 7-10 days of this timeframe and take day trips, both driving, hiking and cycling. Still sorting through the pros and cons of areas in Chile and Argentina. Have looked at Pucon, Puerto Varas, San Martin de los Andes, Bariloche and Villa Angustura.
We envision a place where we could eat out well, have a glass of wine in a lively place, take scenic car trips and do some hiking, etc. returning to a quiet apartment at end of day. We are willing to rent a car as needed.
I know we are going at a popular time of year and thought best reserve now.
Any thoughts appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 2 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 3 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 4 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 5 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 6 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 7 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 8 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 9 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 10 Iquitos
- 11 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 12 Rainbow mountain trek
- 13 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 14 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 15 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 16 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 17 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 18 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 19 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 20 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 21 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 22 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio
- 23 Bariloche car rental
- 24 Guide recommendation Cusco Sacred Valley Machu Picchu
- 25 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
Hello, still here!