Hello, still here!
At the point of making reservations where we think we will need them for our retirement trip.
Thinking we will be in the Lakes District of Chile and Argentina for 3 weeks January and February. We would like to rent a place for 7-10 days of this timeframe and take day trips, both driving, hiking and cycling. Still sorting through the pros and cons of areas in Chile and Argentina. Have looked at Pucon, Puerto Varas, San Martin de los Andes, Bariloche and Villa Angustura.
We envision a place where we could eat out well, have a glass of wine in a lively place, take scenic car trips and do some hiking, etc. returning to a quiet apartment at end of day. We are willing to rent a car as needed.
I know we are going at a popular time of year and thought best reserve now.
Any thoughts appreciated.
Lakes District: Where to Base for 10 days
Hello, still here!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Patagonia Chile
- 2 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 3 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 4 Advice, recommendations and guidance
- 5 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 6 Cartagena: enough for 4-6 days?
- 7 Easter Island flight delays?
- 8 argentina & brazil
- 9 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 10 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 11 Beware of G Adventures Galapagos tour guides!
- 12 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 13 Brazilian music
- 14 Christmas in Cusco
- 15 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 16 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 17 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 18 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 19 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 20 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 21 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 22 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 23 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 24 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 25 Private sightseeing