Hello, still here!
At the point of making reservations where we think we will need them for our retirement trip.
Thinking we will be in the Lakes District of Chile and Argentina for 3 weeks January and February. We would like to rent a place for 7-10 days of this timeframe and take day trips, both driving, hiking and cycling. Still sorting through the pros and cons of areas in Chile and Argentina. Have looked at Pucon, Puerto Varas, San Martin de los Andes, Bariloche and Villa Angustura.
We envision a place where we could eat out well, have a glass of wine in a lively place, take scenic car trips and do some hiking, etc. returning to a quiet apartment at end of day. We are willing to rent a car as needed.
I know we are going at a popular time of year and thought best reserve now.
Any thoughts appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 2 Sao Paulo
- 3 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 4 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 5 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 6 Salud !
- 7 Peru in Late February?
- 8 christmas in buenos aires
- 9 Cartagena
- 10 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 11 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 12 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 13 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 14 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 15 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 16 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 17 Galapagos Island
- 18 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 19 Puno to Lima
- 20 Solmar Tours in Peru
- 21 opinions on itinerary flow
- 22 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 23 If it's Tuesday, this must be...Nicaragua, the Peruvian Amazon, or Colombia
- 24 Leftover Argentine Pesos - where to sell?
- 25 Cusco Marriott or Andenes al Cielo
Hello, still here!