Hello, still here!
At the point of making reservations where we think we will need them for our retirement trip.
Thinking we will be in the Lakes District of Chile and Argentina for 3 weeks January and February. We would like to rent a place for 7-10 days of this timeframe and take day trips, both driving, hiking and cycling. Still sorting through the pros and cons of areas in Chile and Argentina. Have looked at Pucon, Puerto Varas, San Martin de los Andes, Bariloche and Villa Angustura.
We envision a place where we could eat out well, have a glass of wine in a lively place, take scenic car trips and do some hiking, etc. returning to a quiet apartment at end of day. We are willing to rent a car as needed.
I know we are going at a popular time of year and thought best reserve now.
Any thoughts appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Iguazu and Iguaçu
- 2 2 weeks trip
- 3 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 4 Good women's hairgresser in Santiago?
- 5 Itineraries
- 6 Pantanal Lodges
- 7 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 8 Torres Del Paine Hiking - No Refugios
- 9 3 weeks in South America
- 10 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 11 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 12 Ecuador, Panama, or Costa Rica
- 13 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 14 Chile wine tour
- 15 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 16 Aerolineas "Visit Argentina" discounted airline pass
- 17 Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado?
- 18 How to count hotel floors in Ecuador?
- 19 Ceviche in Peru or Ecuador?
- 20 Travel Buddies for the Salar de Uyuni in September 2017
- 21 Help planning trip to Chile (Patagonia and Lakes District) in late October
- 22 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 23 My June '14 Peru Trip
- 24 Proposed Argentina trip for Feb '18 - looking for advice?
- 25 Cusco area and Machu Picchu guide
Hello, still here!