Hello, still here!
At the point of making reservations where we think we will need them for our retirement trip.
Thinking we will be in the Lakes District of Chile and Argentina for 3 weeks January and February. We would like to rent a place for 7-10 days of this timeframe and take day trips, both driving, hiking and cycling. Still sorting through the pros and cons of areas in Chile and Argentina. Have looked at Pucon, Puerto Varas, San Martin de los Andes, Bariloche and Villa Angustura.
We envision a place where we could eat out well, have a glass of wine in a lively place, take scenic car trips and do some hiking, etc. returning to a quiet apartment at end of day. We are willing to rent a car as needed.
I know we are going at a popular time of year and thought best reserve now.
Any thoughts appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Local Community Guides Project
- 2 Best Trek in Peru? (Huayhuash Circuit vs Inca Trail)
- 3 Bariloche car rental
- 4 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 5 Trip Report: Studying Spanish in Quito and Cuenca 2007
- 6 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 7 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 8 Machu Picchu in January
- 9 Dining in Medellin
- 10 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 11 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 12 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 13 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 14 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 15 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 16 santiago chile area
- 17 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 18 Reflections on our South America trip
- 19 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 20 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 21 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 22 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?
- 23 visit in the area of Campinas,Brazil and weather
- 24 Buying show tickets to Cafe Tortoni
- 25 Iguazu Falls-"Best" Way to Reach/See
Hello, still here!