Hello, still here!
At the point of making reservations where we think we will need them for our retirement trip.
Thinking we will be in the Lakes District of Chile and Argentina for 3 weeks January and February. We would like to rent a place for 7-10 days of this timeframe and take day trips, both driving, hiking and cycling. Still sorting through the pros and cons of areas in Chile and Argentina. Have looked at Pucon, Puerto Varas, San Martin de los Andes, Bariloche and Villa Angustura.
We envision a place where we could eat out well, have a glass of wine in a lively place, take scenic car trips and do some hiking, etc. returning to a quiet apartment at end of day. We are willing to rent a car as needed.
I know we are going at a popular time of year and thought best reserve now.
Any thoughts appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Galapagus July
- 2 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 3 Bolivian Visa
- 4 Anyone familiar with Sky Airlines?
- 5 How to count hotel floors in Ecuador?
- 6 8 days in Ecudor
- 7 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 8 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 9 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 10 Going to Peru with 2 kids (9 and 12yrs)
- 11 Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Amazon Rainforest + more
- 12 Galapagos tour one week on a boat
- 13 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 14 Northeast Brazil
- 15 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 16 Lima, Peru - Travel Report
- 17 Galapagos - Family Wildlife Tours
- 18 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 19 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 20 Going to Machu Pichu with 4 children
- 21 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 22 James Frazer-Mann - Trying to book El Chalten via Plataforma10 ?
- 23 Adventures / full of experince tours in the Ecuadorians
- 24 Lima - driver for hire
- 25 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
Hello, still here!