I have read that the camp at the Jaguar Research Center operated by Tropical Nature in the Northern Pantanal was dismantled, possibly in October 2009 and am wondering if this is indeed the case. It also seems that sometime in 2009 Tropical Nature ceased involvement in the Napo Wildlife Center - are Tropical Nature scaling down their South American accommodations?
Does anyone have any more information on these developments?
I am considering booking at Manu Wildlife Center and would like to deal with a company that in some way benefits local communities and one that can fulfil bookings made for the forthcoming season.
Jaguar Research Center and Tropical Nature
- 1 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 2 travel to iguazu?
- 3 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 4 11-day trip to Easter Island and Santiago.
- 5 We will be in Rio during carnival. Advice needed please.
- 6 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 7 Back to South America
- 8 Vaya Adventures
- 9 Had to cancel our trip to Peru
- 10 19 day Peru Itinerary, your thoughts?
- 11 Van rental in Punta Arena, Chile
- 12 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 13 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 14 Recommendations for Amazon tours
- 15 Recommendations for Galapagos islands tours
- 16 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 17 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 18 Machu Pichu accomodation
- 19 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 20 Need Driver for Iguazu Falls & Foz da Iguacu
- 21 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos
- 22 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 23 Help with Flight Delays & Planning????
- 24 Flights on LAN
- 25 Need help with Cusco itinerary