I have read that the camp at the Jaguar Research Center operated by Tropical Nature in the Northern Pantanal was dismantled, possibly in October 2009 and am wondering if this is indeed the case. It also seems that sometime in 2009 Tropical Nature ceased involvement in the Napo Wildlife Center - are Tropical Nature scaling down their South American accommodations?
Does anyone have any more information on these developments?
I am considering booking at Manu Wildlife Center and would like to deal with a company that in some way benefits local communities and one that can fulfil bookings made for the forthcoming season.
Jaguar Research Center and Tropical Nature
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 2 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 3 Volcano erupts in Chile near Puerto Varas and Puerto Montt
- 4 URGENT! Call your airline!
- 5 Columbia Local Beer
- 6 Solo backpacking in Argentina and Chile
- 7 El Calafate/Torres del Paine 7 day Itinerary Help
- 8 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 9 10 days in Argentina
- 10 february/march- where to go?
- 11 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 12 Peruvian Amazon
- 13 driving to salvador
- 14 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 15 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 16 Peru, help cutting costs
- 17 cartagena , columbia
- 18 Peru Itinerary Help
- 19 One spare day in our itinerary - where should it go?
- 20 10 days backpacking in Peru
- 21 Antofogasta or Calama ? And which month ?
- 22 Birding in Mindo
- 23 Iguazu accomodation
- 24 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 25 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April