I have read that the camp at the Jaguar Research Center operated by Tropical Nature in the Northern Pantanal was dismantled, possibly in October 2009 and am wondering if this is indeed the case. It also seems that sometime in 2009 Tropical Nature ceased involvement in the Napo Wildlife Center - are Tropical Nature scaling down their South American accommodations?
Does anyone have any more information on these developments?
I am considering booking at Manu Wildlife Center and would like to deal with a company that in some way benefits local communities and one that can fulfil bookings made for the forthcoming season.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 gsfggfdfddfgf
- 2 Brick Muscle It's important to do warm-up exercises.
- 3 Inca Jungle Companies?
- 4 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 5 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 6 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 7 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 8 Sixty days in Colombia
- 9 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 10 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 11 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 12 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 13 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 14 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 15 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 16 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 17 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 18 Booking sites - HELP! Don't want to be scammed
- 19 summer olympics in Rio
- 20 2 Weeks in Rio in Nov End
- 21 Trip ideas for 2 weeks in South America??
- 22 Tahuayo Lodge, Amazon
- 23 Most Efficient Travel from Peru to Chile?
- 24 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 25 Ecuador -Rental Car, Clothing and Cotopaxi