I have read that the camp at the Jaguar Research Center operated by Tropical Nature in the Northern Pantanal was dismantled, possibly in October 2009 and am wondering if this is indeed the case. It also seems that sometime in 2009 Tropical Nature ceased involvement in the Napo Wildlife Center - are Tropical Nature scaling down their South American accommodations?
Does anyone have any more information on these developments?
I am considering booking at Manu Wildlife Center and would like to deal with a company that in some way benefits local communities and one that can fulfil bookings made for the forthcoming season.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Atm & credit card use in Peru
- 2 Need Lima restaurant recs
- 3 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 4 Four Days in Buenos Aires
- 5 Getting thru airport security Buenos Aires
- 6 Southern Bolivia from Northwest Argentina?
- 7 Peru Trip Report-Lima, Paracas, Cusco
- 8 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 9 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 10 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 11 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 12 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 13 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 14 Exciting Times in Colombia
- 15 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 16 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 17 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 18 Sixty days in Colombia
- 19 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 20 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 21 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 22 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 23 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 24 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 25 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?