I have read that the camp at the Jaguar Research Center operated by Tropical Nature in the Northern Pantanal was dismantled, possibly in October 2009 and am wondering if this is indeed the case. It also seems that sometime in 2009 Tropical Nature ceased involvement in the Napo Wildlife Center - are Tropical Nature scaling down their South American accommodations?
Does anyone have any more information on these developments?
I am considering booking at Manu Wildlife Center and would like to deal with a company that in some way benefits local communities and one that can fulfil bookings made for the forthcoming season.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 10 days - Rio/Iguazu and...?
- 2 Chile, Ecuadoror Columbia
- 3 Is 8 days too much time in Buenos Aires
- 4 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 5 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 6 Travel to Peru in 2 weeks
- 7 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 8 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 9 Travel in Chile- Itinerary advice please
- 10 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 11 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 12 Horseback riding Peru Cusco - Machu Picchu Ranch El Chalan - Urubamba
- 13 Driving tips and suggestions for Torres del Paine
- 14 First Time In South America Itinerary
- 15 HELP-- Argentina in March
- 16 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 17 Galapagos Add Ons
- 18 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 19 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 20 Trip Report Ecuador
- 21 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 22 Day trips from Montevideo
- 23 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 24 Help with 3 Week Itinerary
- 25 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice