I have read that the camp at the Jaguar Research Center operated by Tropical Nature in the Northern Pantanal was dismantled, possibly in October 2009 and am wondering if this is indeed the case. It also seems that sometime in 2009 Tropical Nature ceased involvement in the Napo Wildlife Center - are Tropical Nature scaling down their South American accommodations?
Does anyone have any more information on these developments?
I am considering booking at Manu Wildlife Center and would like to deal with a company that in some way benefits local communities and one that can fulfil bookings made for the forthcoming season.
Jaguar Research Center and Tropical Nature
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 cartagena , columbia
- 2 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 3 Peru, help cutting costs
- 4 Peruvian Amazon
- 5 Peru Itinerary Help
- 6 One spare day in our itinerary - where should it go?
- 7 driving to salvador
- 8 february/march- where to go?
- 9 10 days backpacking in Peru
- 10 Antofogasta or Calama ? And which month ?
- 11 Birding in Mindo
- 12 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 13 Iguazu accomodation
- 14 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 15 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 16 El Calafate/Torres del Paine 7 day Itinerary Help
- 17 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 18 Driving Advice for El Calafate to Torres Del Paine in early October
- 19 Peru: a month travel in February
- 20 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 21 Trip to Machu Picchu, Amazing Place!!!
- 22 Off the beaten track
- 23 Solo female travelling around South America
- 24 Anyone familiar with PeruSmile?
- 25 Punta del Este or La Barra area?