I have read that the camp at the Jaguar Research Center operated by Tropical Nature in the Northern Pantanal was dismantled, possibly in October 2009 and am wondering if this is indeed the case. It also seems that sometime in 2009 Tropical Nature ceased involvement in the Napo Wildlife Center - are Tropical Nature scaling down their South American accommodations?
Does anyone have any more information on these developments?
I am considering booking at Manu Wildlife Center and would like to deal with a company that in some way benefits local communities and one that can fulfil bookings made for the forthcoming season.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Customs hassles after an estancia stay?
- 2 Is it worth the Brazil visa to see the Falls?
- 3 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 4 Backroads or Nat Geo hiking Patagonia
- 5 advice about traveling in Peru
- 6 Need and advise about where to go in Bolivia
- 7 help to plan a budget trip in south america
- 8 Rio de Janeiro in March
- 9 Spontaneity in Cusco activities possible?
- 10 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 11 Southward Ho! Adventures in Chile & ARG
- 12 Argentina in October--more questions
- 13 Our new government to promote foreign tourism
- 14 South America this October
- 15 Chile or Argentina?
- 16 11 hours in Lima
- 17 Transportation: Cusco Airport to Ollantaytamba train station
- 18 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 19 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 20 Machu Picchu - any good hiking guide companies?
- 21 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 22 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 23 Antarctica on the Vavilov-How to book?
- 24 Peru in December
- 25 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta