I have read that the camp at the Jaguar Research Center operated by Tropical Nature in the Northern Pantanal was dismantled, possibly in October 2009 and am wondering if this is indeed the case. It also seems that sometime in 2009 Tropical Nature ceased involvement in the Napo Wildlife Center - are Tropical Nature scaling down their South American accommodations?
Does anyone have any more information on these developments?
I am considering booking at Manu Wildlife Center and would like to deal with a company that in some way benefits local communities and one that can fulfil bookings made for the forthcoming season.
Jaguar Research Center and Tropical Nature
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 TDP in August
- 2 Amazon Cruise
- 3 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 4 3 Full Days in Iguazu?
- 5 Trip with my boyfriend to the Brazilian city of São Paulo!
- 6 Brazil for Carnival
- 7 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 8 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 9 Last 2 weeks
- 10 10 nights in Argentina
- 11 Flight to El Calafate for one day
- 12 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 13 Sobering Film
- 14 Travel to Peru with my 5 best friends!
- 15 Estancias Outside Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 16 Peru- making up a small 50+ group
- 17 Machu Picchu First?
- 18 Rosh Hashanah
- 19 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 20 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 21 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 22 Lakes District: Where to Base for 10 days
- 23 Patagonia trip decisions
- 24 Is it safe to backpack in venezuela?
- 25 VENEZUELA : avoid POSADA La CASITA and GEKKO TOurs in Ciudad Bolivar