I have read that the camp at the Jaguar Research Center operated by Tropical Nature in the Northern Pantanal was dismantled, possibly in October 2009 and am wondering if this is indeed the case. It also seems that sometime in 2009 Tropical Nature ceased involvement in the Napo Wildlife Center - are Tropical Nature scaling down their South American accommodations?
Does anyone have any more information on these developments?
I am considering booking at Manu Wildlife Center and would like to deal with a company that in some way benefits local communities and one that can fulfil bookings made for the forthcoming season.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 2 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 3 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 4 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 5 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 6 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 7 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 8 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 9 Iquitos
- 10 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 11 Rainbow mountain trek
- 12 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 13 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 14 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 15 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 16 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 17 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 18 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 19 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 20 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 21 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio
- 22 Bariloche car rental
- 23 Guide recommendation Cusco Sacred Valley Machu Picchu
- 24 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
- 25 All inclusive hotels near San Pedro de Atacama?