I have read that the camp at the Jaguar Research Center operated by Tropical Nature in the Northern Pantanal was dismantled, possibly in October 2009 and am wondering if this is indeed the case. It also seems that sometime in 2009 Tropical Nature ceased involvement in the Napo Wildlife Center - are Tropical Nature scaling down their South American accommodations?
Does anyone have any more information on these developments?
I am considering booking at Manu Wildlife Center and would like to deal with a company that in some way benefits local communities and one that can fulfil bookings made for the forthcoming season.
Jaguar Research Center and Tropical Nature
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Satellite phones allowed into Brazil?
- 2 Birding in Mindo
- 3 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 4 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 5 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 6 Help
- 7 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 8 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 9 Easter Day in Rio
- 10 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 11 Visiting Machu Picchu in August, need help with planning.
- 12 Wrapping Up the Trip Planning - A Few Final Questions
- 13 Costa Rica during Holy Week - need help
- 14 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 15 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 16 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 17 Three weeks in South America
- 18 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 19 Patagonia tour in April
- 20 5 days in Patgonia... review of itinerary
- 21 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 22 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 23 HIP - BACK problems.....Relief !
- 24 Off the beaten track
- 25 Hosteria Tyndall - Torres del Paine