I have read that the camp at the Jaguar Research Center operated by Tropical Nature in the Northern Pantanal was dismantled, possibly in October 2009 and am wondering if this is indeed the case. It also seems that sometime in 2009 Tropical Nature ceased involvement in the Napo Wildlife Center - are Tropical Nature scaling down their South American accommodations?
Does anyone have any more information on these developments?
I am considering booking at Manu Wildlife Center and would like to deal with a company that in some way benefits local communities and one that can fulfil bookings made for the forthcoming season.
Jaguar Research Center and Tropical Nature
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Santiago 2 days
- 2 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 3 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 4 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 5 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 6 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 7 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 8 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 9 Lodge in Pantanal
- 10 Pantanal on your own
- 11 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 12 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 13 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 14 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 15 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 16 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 17 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 18 Cell phone in Brazil
- 19 10 Full Days in Peru
- 20 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 21 10 day itinerary questions
- 22 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 23 Please comment on this 8 week itinerary (Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru)!
- 24 Iguazu Falls for a single woman?
- 25 ATM San Pedro de Atacama