I have read that the camp at the Jaguar Research Center operated by Tropical Nature in the Northern Pantanal was dismantled, possibly in October 2009 and am wondering if this is indeed the case. It also seems that sometime in 2009 Tropical Nature ceased involvement in the Napo Wildlife Center - are Tropical Nature scaling down their South American accommodations?
Does anyone have any more information on these developments?
I am considering booking at Manu Wildlife Center and would like to deal with a company that in some way benefits local communities and one that can fulfil bookings made for the forthcoming season.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Dangers of crossing Darien Gap
- 2 Other cities to visit in Brazil other than RIO
- 3 Drawing money at ATMs in Brazil
- 4 Cusco Airport to Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza hotel
- 5 Accessibility to Igassu Falls
- 6 Machu Picchu in January
- 7 Rio Water Quality
- 8 Brazil Tourist Safety tip request
- 9 Galapagos with/Natural Habitat Adventures?
- 10 I Didn't Get Killed in Rio: Our Travels in Peru, Brazil, and Ecuador
- 11 Two day stay in Lima
- 12 Best beach town for Jan- Feb trip
- 13 Cities near santiago chile?
- 14 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 15 Leftover Argentine Pesos - where to sell?
- 16 Van from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- 17 June travel in the Galapagos, Andean Ecuador, and Machu Picchu
- 18 Uyuni Salar Tour Company
- 19 Trip Evacuation Insurance for the Galapagos
- 20 Travelers insurance in Patagonia - need it?
- 21 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 22 60 day Trip to South America
- 23 3 week itinerary for Peru
- 24 Ups and downs of our trip to Peru--from Machu Picchu to LIM airport floor
- 25 Buenos Aires