I have read that the camp at the Jaguar Research Center operated by Tropical Nature in the Northern Pantanal was dismantled, possibly in October 2009 and am wondering if this is indeed the case. It also seems that sometime in 2009 Tropical Nature ceased involvement in the Napo Wildlife Center - are Tropical Nature scaling down their South American accommodations?
Does anyone have any more information on these developments?
I am considering booking at Manu Wildlife Center and would like to deal with a company that in some way benefits local communities and one that can fulfil bookings made for the forthcoming season.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Buenos Aires hotel for 2 nights
- 2 Too Long, but ain't gonna' change
- 3 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 4 Travel to Bolivia
- 5 Argentina - Best of Salta in 4 days
- 6 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 7 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 8 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 9 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 10 Brazil. Reading lists
- 11 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 12 Any suggestions for tour companies for Inca Trail Trek to MP?
- 13 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 14 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 15 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 16 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 17 Cajamarca
- 18 Choquequirao Questions
- 19 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 20 Amazon and the Inca Trail
- 21 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 22 South America 2 Months Itinery
- 23 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 24 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 25 5 day Galapagos cruise in Nov