I have read that the camp at the Jaguar Research Center operated by Tropical Nature in the Northern Pantanal was dismantled, possibly in October 2009 and am wondering if this is indeed the case. It also seems that sometime in 2009 Tropical Nature ceased involvement in the Napo Wildlife Center - are Tropical Nature scaling down their South American accommodations?
Does anyone have any more information on these developments?
I am considering booking at Manu Wildlife Center and would like to deal with a company that in some way benefits local communities and one that can fulfil bookings made for the forthcoming season.
Jaguar Research Center and Tropical Nature
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 2 Peru versus Bolivia
- 3 La Paz to Santiago - route choices
- 4 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 5 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 6 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 7 2 nights in Torres Del Paine - Which route and refugio?
- 8 Argentinians in Punta Del Este!!
- 9 Still Planning But Getting Close!
- 10 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 11 WWYD-time in Lima
- 12 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 13 Argentina Holiday Help
- 14 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 15 argentina & brazil
- 16 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 17 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 18 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 19 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 20 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 21 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 22 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 23 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 24 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 25 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?