I have read that the camp at the Jaguar Research Center operated by Tropical Nature in the Northern Pantanal was dismantled, possibly in October 2009 and am wondering if this is indeed the case. It also seems that sometime in 2009 Tropical Nature ceased involvement in the Napo Wildlife Center - are Tropical Nature scaling down their South American accommodations?
Does anyone have any more information on these developments?
I am considering booking at Manu Wildlife Center and would like to deal with a company that in some way benefits local communities and one that can fulfil bookings made for the forthcoming season.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 First Time in Argentina and Brazil - Buenos Aires and Rio questions
- 2 Video Report: Argentina, Patagonia Part 1
- 3 brazil beach vacation.... or will get mugged?
- 4 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 5 CasaCor Peru October 2015
- 6 Galapagos: Land based visit + short cruise - opinions appreciated!
- 7 Walking sticks for Machu Picchu?
- 8 Visiting Buenos Aires
- 9 Chile in February and March
- 10 5/6 Hour Layover in Santiago - Advice Please
- 11 Rio and Iguacu
- 12 3 weeks to travel
- 13 Galapagos Island
- 14 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 15 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 16 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 17 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 18 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 19 October - March 2016 in South or Central America
- 20 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 21 Peru Best Tours
- 22 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 23 Brasilia Airport - Need Reassurance!
- 24 Beach areas Recife or Bahia from Rio
- 25 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?