I have read that the camp at the Jaguar Research Center operated by Tropical Nature in the Northern Pantanal was dismantled, possibly in October 2009 and am wondering if this is indeed the case. It also seems that sometime in 2009 Tropical Nature ceased involvement in the Napo Wildlife Center - are Tropical Nature scaling down their South American accommodations?
Does anyone have any more information on these developments?
I am considering booking at Manu Wildlife Center and would like to deal with a company that in some way benefits local communities and one that can fulfil bookings made for the forthcoming season.
Jaguar Research Center and Tropical Nature
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 2 Birding in Mindo
- 3 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 4 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 5 Rio Advice for 2 Young Women
- 6 Buying a SIM card in Chile for I phone 5
- 7 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 8 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 9 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 10 Peru Escorted Travel
- 11 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 12 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 13 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 14 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 15 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 16 Quito trip review with Gate 1 Travel
- 17 2 weeks in Argentina
- 18 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 19 Back to South America
- 20 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 21 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 22 JW Marriott Lima
- 23 Trip Report - Very Long
- 24 Quito recommendations
- 25 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?