I have read that the camp at the Jaguar Research Center operated by Tropical Nature in the Northern Pantanal was dismantled, possibly in October 2009 and am wondering if this is indeed the case. It also seems that sometime in 2009 Tropical Nature ceased involvement in the Napo Wildlife Center - are Tropical Nature scaling down their South American accommodations?
Does anyone have any more information on these developments?
I am considering booking at Manu Wildlife Center and would like to deal with a company that in some way benefits local communities and one that can fulfil bookings made for the forthcoming season.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Huaraz to Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura
- 2 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 3 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 4 2 weeks in Peru/Chile
- 5 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 6 Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela
- 7 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 8 Santiago, Chile
- 9 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 10 limited time in Cusco
- 11 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 12 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 13 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 14 Visiting Ollantataymbo from Cusco
- 15 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 16 Back "home" in Barranco
- 17 Day trips from Montevideo
- 18 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 19 2 weeks in Colombia
- 20 Home exchange to Brazil: cultural differences.
- 21 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 22 Peru in 9 days - Safety Concerns and itinerary review
- 23 Layover in Lima
- 24 Gym recommendations for Quito Centro Historico
- 25 Backroads or Nat Geo hiking Patagonia