i'm planning a trip (fo two) to Peru in late sept/october, we have four weeks to travel.
My plan so far:
fly in to Lima (tips on what to do around Lima?), make our way to cusco maybe with a stop in between. from cusco we want to do a short 2/3 days trek (if possible to macchu pichu but it might be too late to book) and spend about 5 days in the Amazon.
After that we would like to see the Titicaca-lake area. Thereafter, it seems logical to go to Arequipa in order to take a flight back to Lima, but there might other options? Is it doable to see some of Bolivia from Titicaca in a few days?
Any suggestions on how to travel, what stops on the way we shouldn't miss and other tips and tricks are more than welcome! There are so many travel agencies, tours and possibilities that I almost dont know where to start.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru's Amazon and the Heat - Iquitos Ceiba Tops Lodge vs. Puerto Maldonado
- 2 galapagos island
- 3 Thinking of OAT trip to Machu Picchu, Galapagos and Amazon Rain Forest
- 4 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 5 christmas in buenos aires
- 6 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 7 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 8 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 9 Best Latin American countries!
- 10 Peru in Late February?
- 11 Sao Paulo
- 12 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 13 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 14 Salud !
- 15 Cartagena
- 16 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 17 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 18 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 19 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 20 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 21 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 22 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 23 Galapagos Island
- 24 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 25 Puno to Lima