i'm planning a trip (fo two) to Peru in late sept/october, we have four weeks to travel.
My plan so far:
fly in to Lima (tips on what to do around Lima?), make our way to cusco maybe with a stop in between. from cusco we want to do a short 2/3 days trek (if possible to macchu pichu but it might be too late to book) and spend about 5 days in the Amazon.
After that we would like to see the Titicaca-lake area. Thereafter, it seems logical to go to Arequipa in order to take a flight back to Lima, but there might other options? Is it doable to see some of Bolivia from Titicaca in a few days?
Any suggestions on how to travel, what stops on the way we shouldn't miss and other tips and tricks are more than welcome! There are so many travel agencies, tours and possibilities that I almost dont know where to start.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Steaks and Tango - Suggestions Please
- 2 Argentina (Chile?)
- 3 South American Mix: Easter Island, Machu Picchu, Rio & the Pantanal
- 4 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 5 Buenos Aires for a month?
- 6 Cartegena - beach or centre for a week?
- 7 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 8 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 9 What to skip in Argentina
- 10 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 11 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 12 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 13 40th Birthday Trip: Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, Amazon
- 14 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 15 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 16 Itineraries
- 17 Advice on Chile itinerary
- 18 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 19 Itinerary Help Argentina Chile Patagonia in 23 days
- 20 Torres Del Paine - total 2 weeks in Chile
- 21 Please help with Peru itinerary
- 22 Machu picchu with a toddler and baby
- 23 3.5 days in Rio
- 24 Iguaçu Falls fast trip
- 25 One month free to travel in February