i'm planning a trip (fo two) to Peru in late sept/october, we have four weeks to travel.
My plan so far:
fly in to Lima (tips on what to do around Lima?), make our way to cusco maybe with a stop in between. from cusco we want to do a short 2/3 days trek (if possible to macchu pichu but it might be too late to book) and spend about 5 days in the Amazon.
After that we would like to see the Titicaca-lake area. Thereafter, it seems logical to go to Arequipa in order to take a flight back to Lima, but there might other options? Is it doable to see some of Bolivia from Titicaca in a few days?
Any suggestions on how to travel, what stops on the way we shouldn't miss and other tips and tricks are more than welcome! There are so many travel agencies, tours and possibilities that I almost dont know where to start.
itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 2 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 3 Quito: Old city or new?
- 4 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 5 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 6 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 7 Bogota
- 8 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 9 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 10 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 11 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 12 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 13 4 weeks in Chile
- 14 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 15 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 16 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 17 Para Ti, Brazil
- 18 Advice needed for Colombia
- 19 Chile and Argentina
- 20 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 21 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 22 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 23 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 24 El valle de Elquí
- 25 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation