i'm planning a trip (fo two) to Peru in late sept/october, we have four weeks to travel.
My plan so far:
fly in to Lima (tips on what to do around Lima?), make our way to cusco maybe with a stop in between. from cusco we want to do a short 2/3 days trek (if possible to macchu pichu but it might be too late to book) and spend about 5 days in the Amazon.
After that we would like to see the Titicaca-lake area. Thereafter, it seems logical to go to Arequipa in order to take a flight back to Lima, but there might other options? Is it doable to see some of Bolivia from Titicaca in a few days?
Any suggestions on how to travel, what stops on the way we shouldn't miss and other tips and tricks are more than welcome! There are so many travel agencies, tours and possibilities that I almost dont know where to start.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Visiting Iguazu Falls From Rio
- 2 participational photo project "Sun aroud the Globe"
- 3 Iguazu Falls-"Best" Way to Reach/See
- 4 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 5 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 6 Help us plan our dream SA trip!
- 7 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 8 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 9 Waterfalls near Puyo, Tena, and Baeza in Ecuador
- 10 Best Trek in Peru? (Huayhuash Circuit vs Inca Trail)
- 11 Bariloche car rental
- 12 Trip Report: Studying Spanish in Quito and Cuenca 2007
- 13 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 14 Machu Picchu in January
- 15 Dining in Medellin
- 16 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 17 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 18 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 19 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 20 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 21 santiago chile area
- 22 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 23 Reflections on our South America trip
- 24 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 25 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt