i'm planning a trip (fo two) to Peru in late sept/october, we have four weeks to travel.
My plan so far:
fly in to Lima (tips on what to do around Lima?), make our way to cusco maybe with a stop in between. from cusco we want to do a short 2/3 days trek (if possible to macchu pichu but it might be too late to book) and spend about 5 days in the Amazon.
After that we would like to see the Titicaca-lake area. Thereafter, it seems logical to go to Arequipa in order to take a flight back to Lima, but there might other options? Is it doable to see some of Bolivia from Titicaca in a few days?
Any suggestions on how to travel, what stops on the way we shouldn't miss and other tips and tricks are more than welcome! There are so many travel agencies, tours and possibilities that I almost dont know where to start.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina &TDP-8th-18th April.
- 2 Colombia, best adventures for birthday.
- 3 Salta/NW Argentina, no car
- 4 Route of the Seven Lakes drive
- 5 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 6 Safety warning?
- 7 Bariloche rafting trips
- 8 Four Days in Buenos Aires
- 9 Mom wants to go to cusco/macchu picchu in 5 days - impossible?
- 10 Bariloche and San Martin de los Andes
- 11 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 12 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 13 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 14 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 15 Iguazu falls logistics
- 16 Packing for Chile in November
- 17 Lima stopover
- 18 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 19 Amazon side trip
- 20 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 21 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 22 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 23 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 24 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 25 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March