I am finalizing my itinerary for the Sacred Valley/Machu Picchu/Cusco portion of my Peru trip and would appreciate any advice or tips on whether this schedule makes sense. My husband and I don’t like to be too rushed on vacation so I’m wondering if this plan tries to cram in too many sites. I’ve put in some alternative options I am considering for some of the days. If anyone has thoughts on those, that would be helpful too. Thanks in advance for the help!
Sunday: Arrive Cusco 1:30PM and travel to Ollantaytambo (alternative: visit Chinchero market or Moray/Salineras on the way)
Monday: Salineras/Moray/Chincero (alternative: if we visit one or more of these on Sunday, tour Ollantaytambo fortress and/or do a Quechua village tour)
Tuesday: Fortress/Explore town in morning; Train to Aguas Calientes leaves at 1:27
Wednesday: Machu Picchu; Train to Cusco leaves at 5:27
Thursday: Pisac ruins and market (is this better to do on Friday?)
Friday: Full Day Cusco and ruins tour: city tour and Sacsayhuaman, TamboMachay, PucaPucara, the Temple of the Moon, Q’enqo
Saturday: Hang in Cusco; flight to Lima leaves at 1:10PM
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 C@LFORINA : ROKU TEC*H SUPPORT CONTACT 1800:540:6830 DEVICE SETUP
- 2 Buenos Aires, Patagonia hike, Uraguay beach and Iguazu idea feedback needed
- 3 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 4 Half Bandi: Tec*h SUPP0RT YAHOO MAIL CONTACT 1:855:999:8045 YAHOO
- 5 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 6 Galapagus July
- 7 Machu Picchu changes its entry schedule
- 8 The Atacama Desert
- 9 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 10 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 11 Finding a group to hike with
- 12 2 day Inca Trek and a fear of exposure/heights
- 13 1 day for Iguazu Falls (I know, but that's all she has)
- 14 Pisco sours
- 15 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 16 Last min cruise to the Galapagos
- 17 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 18 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 19 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!
- 20 Help needed with itinerary for Argentina and Chile
- 21 2 Weeks in Cusco Itinerary
- 22 Huacachina, Peru
- 23 Hiking Tour Companies - Machu Picchu & Chile
- 24 Can a Europhile Find Happiness in Argentina and Chile?
- 25 Anyone familiar with Sky Airlines?