I am finalizing my itinerary for the Sacred Valley/Machu Picchu/Cusco portion of my Peru trip and would appreciate any advice or tips on whether this schedule makes sense. My husband and I don’t like to be too rushed on vacation so I’m wondering if this plan tries to cram in too many sites. I’ve put in some alternative options I am considering for some of the days. If anyone has thoughts on those, that would be helpful too. Thanks in advance for the help!
Sunday: Arrive Cusco 1:30PM and travel to Ollantaytambo (alternative: visit Chinchero market or Moray/Salineras on the way)
Monday: Salineras/Moray/Chincero (alternative: if we visit one or more of these on Sunday, tour Ollantaytambo fortress and/or do a Quechua village tour)
Tuesday: Fortress/Explore town in morning; Train to Aguas Calientes leaves at 1:27
Wednesday: Machu Picchu; Train to Cusco leaves at 5:27
Thursday: Pisac ruins and market (is this better to do on Friday?)
Friday: Full Day Cusco and ruins tour: city tour and Sacsayhuaman, TamboMachay, PucaPucara, the Temple of the Moon, Q’enqo
Saturday: Hang in Cusco; flight to Lima leaves at 1:10PM
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Hot mail Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 3 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 4 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 5 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 6 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 7 Pantanal Lodges
- 8 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 9 Manaus
- 10 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 11 Renting a car in Patagonia
- 12 Avianca business class
- 13 Suenos Aires, Argentina vs Lisbon, Portugal
- 14 No exit stamp from Brazil, no entry stamp in Paraguay, help!!
- 15 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 16 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 17 Can a Europhile Find Happiness in Argentina and Chile?
- 18 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 19 How many days in Medellin area?
- 20 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 21 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 22 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 23 Peru Trip for the Family
- 24 Pisco sours
- 25 Huayhuash Trecking 8-16th of july