I am finalizing my itinerary for the Sacred Valley/Machu Picchu/Cusco portion of my Peru trip and would appreciate any advice or tips on whether this schedule makes sense. My husband and I don’t like to be too rushed on vacation so I’m wondering if this plan tries to cram in too many sites. I’ve put in some alternative options I am considering for some of the days. If anyone has thoughts on those, that would be helpful too. Thanks in advance for the help!
Sunday: Arrive Cusco 1:30PM and travel to Ollantaytambo (alternative: visit Chinchero market or Moray/Salineras on the way)
Monday: Salineras/Moray/Chincero (alternative: if we visit one or more of these on Sunday, tour Ollantaytambo fortress and/or do a Quechua village tour)
Tuesday: Fortress/Explore town in morning; Train to Aguas Calientes leaves at 1:27
Wednesday: Machu Picchu; Train to Cusco leaves at 5:27
Thursday: Pisac ruins and market (is this better to do on Friday?)
Friday: Full Day Cusco and ruins tour: city tour and Sacsayhuaman, TamboMachay, PucaPucara, the Temple of the Moon, Q’enqo
Saturday: Hang in Cusco; flight to Lima leaves at 1:10PM
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://wellnessrows.com/dema-reflexion-reviews/
- 2 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!
- 3 Cartagens for 3.5 days. Looking for suggestions-islands, food tours, etc..
- 4 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 5 Need day trip/guide suggestions from Puerto Ayora, Galapagos
- 6 Peru Final 15-day Itinerary Help Needed
- 7 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 8 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?
- 9 Narrowing Down Itinerary
- 10 Peru - Puno & Lakes or Amazon
- 11 Did You Visit the Lakes District and/or Chiloe?
- 12 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 13 Where to start in May?
- 14 Argentina and Bolivia/March and April
- 15 Belated trip report (Quito and Mindo)
- 16 Machu Picchu...Doable?
- 17 Valparaiso to Santiago Airport - How Much Time to Allow?
- 18 Nazcaflights.com - Jon Green - Any good?
- 19 Santiago & Valparaiso - Attire Questions
- 20 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 21 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 22 Argentina October 2016
- 23 Another Amazing Trip to Patagonia
- 24 Looking for quiet 1-bedroom apartment in Santiago
- 25 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?