I am finalizing my itinerary for the Sacred Valley/Machu Picchu/Cusco portion of my Peru trip and would appreciate any advice or tips on whether this schedule makes sense. My husband and I don’t like to be too rushed on vacation so I’m wondering if this plan tries to cram in too many sites. I’ve put in some alternative options I am considering for some of the days. If anyone has thoughts on those, that would be helpful too. Thanks in advance for the help!
Sunday: Arrive Cusco 1:30PM and travel to Ollantaytambo (alternative: visit Chinchero market or Moray/Salineras on the way)
Monday: Salineras/Moray/Chincero (alternative: if we visit one or more of these on Sunday, tour Ollantaytambo fortress and/or do a Quechua village tour)
Tuesday: Fortress/Explore town in morning; Train to Aguas Calientes leaves at 1:27
Wednesday: Machu Picchu; Train to Cusco leaves at 5:27
Thursday: Pisac ruins and market (is this better to do on Friday?)
Friday: Full Day Cusco and ruins tour: city tour and Sacsayhuaman, TamboMachay, PucaPucara, the Temple of the Moon, Q’enqo
Saturday: Hang in Cusco; flight to Lima leaves at 1:10PM
Itinerary Review: Sacred Valley/Machu Picchu/Cusco
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 2 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 3 Quito trip
- 4 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 5 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 6 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 7 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 8 1 day in Rio
- 9 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 10 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 11 Solo female travelling around South America
- 12 Bariloche car rental
- 13 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 14 Galapagos Islands
- 15 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 16 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 17 Day trip to Paracas
- 18 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 19 Peru trip
- 20 Amazon Manaus Tour Guides
- 21 Chile or Chile/Argentina - 3 Itinerary Ideas, Can't Decide!
- 22 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 23 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 24 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 25 Mendoza - Wine Lodges robberies