I am finalizing my itinerary for the Sacred Valley/Machu Picchu/Cusco portion of my Peru trip and would appreciate any advice or tips on whether this schedule makes sense. My husband and I don’t like to be too rushed on vacation so I’m wondering if this plan tries to cram in too many sites. I’ve put in some alternative options I am considering for some of the days. If anyone has thoughts on those, that would be helpful too. Thanks in advance for the help!
Sunday: Arrive Cusco 1:30PM and travel to Ollantaytambo (alternative: visit Chinchero market or Moray/Salineras on the way)
Monday: Salineras/Moray/Chincero (alternative: if we visit one or more of these on Sunday, tour Ollantaytambo fortress and/or do a Quechua village tour)
Tuesday: Fortress/Explore town in morning; Train to Aguas Calientes leaves at 1:27
Wednesday: Machu Picchu; Train to Cusco leaves at 5:27
Thursday: Pisac ruins and market (is this better to do on Friday?)
Friday: Full Day Cusco and ruins tour: city tour and Sacsayhuaman, TamboMachay, PucaPucara, the Temple of the Moon, Q’enqo
Saturday: Hang in Cusco; flight to Lima leaves at 1:10PM
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 2 Packing for Chile in November
- 3 Safety warning?
- 4 Iguazu falls logistics
- 5 Lima stopover
- 6 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 7 Amazon side trip
- 8 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 9 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 10 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 11 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 12 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 13 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 14 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 15 Santiago - where to stay?
- 16 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 17 Tour guide/ agency
- 18 Patagonia Planning
- 19 Salta/NW Argentina, no car
- 20 March trip to Brazil
- 21 Iguazu Falls -- is Brazil side worth the cost?
- 22 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 23 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 24 Iguacu Falls Itinerary and Photography Question
- 25 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST