I am currently researching a trip for a potential travel grant. I'm a Spanish teacher and am interested in spending some time visiting the cities along the Río Paraná ... One of my grades studies landforms and I think it would be interesting to follow the river from Buenos Aires to Iguazú (I know the confluence is a bit downriver, but moving on...).
I was thinking of flying into BA and then taking buses: BA - Rosario - Santa Fe - Corrientes/Resistencia - Iguazú and then flying back to BA. Or, doing the opposite -- flying directly to Iguazu from BA and heading downriver.
1. First question is does it matter the order or would you have a preference?
2. Second question is how long would you recommend for this itinerary moving at a "reasonable" pace? Usually I like to travel for a longer period of time, but I will probably have a maximum of 2 weeks for this particular trip, including a couple of days in BA itself.
3. Third, if 2 weeks isn't long enough, which city would you leave out and why? They all seem to have interesting bits of Argentinean life and history...
Oh, I should say that this would have to take place in July or August. Would love to time with the Bienal de Esculturas in Resistencia if I'm able. I also had read about the missions in San Ignacio, or a day trip from Resistencia to the Chaco would be interesting.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://xtrfact.com/andronite-enhanced/
- 2 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 3 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 4 Argentina with a touch of Chile and some help needed
- 5 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 6 Avianca business class
- 7 Planning Argentina Trip
- 8 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 9 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 10 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 11 Feria de las flores
- 12 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 13 Brazilian Visa Documents - Help!
- 14 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 15 comments
- 16 Cusco to La Paz Priorities: Puno VS Copacabana VS La Paz VS Coroico
- 17 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 18 Huacachina, Peru
- 19 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 20 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 21 Pantanal Lodges
- 22 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 23 Manaus
- 24 Renting a car in Patagonia
- 25 Suenos Aires, Argentina vs Lisbon, Portugal