I am currently researching a trip for a potential travel grant. I'm a Spanish teacher and am interested in spending some time visiting the cities along the Río Paraná ... One of my grades studies landforms and I think it would be interesting to follow the river from Buenos Aires to Iguazú (I know the confluence is a bit downriver, but moving on...).
I was thinking of flying into BA and then taking buses: BA - Rosario - Santa Fe - Corrientes/Resistencia - Iguazú and then flying back to BA. Or, doing the opposite -- flying directly to Iguazu from BA and heading downriver.
1. First question is does it matter the order or would you have a preference?
2. Second question is how long would you recommend for this itinerary moving at a "reasonable" pace? Usually I like to travel for a longer period of time, but I will probably have a maximum of 2 weeks for this particular trip, including a couple of days in BA itself.
3. Third, if 2 weeks isn't long enough, which city would you leave out and why? They all seem to have interesting bits of Argentinean life and history...
Oh, I should say that this would have to take place in July or August. Would love to time with the Bienal de Esculturas in Resistencia if I'm able. I also had read about the missions in San Ignacio, or a day trip from Resistencia to the Chaco would be interesting.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Making the most of Montevideo
- 2 Peru transport questioins
- 3 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST
- 4 Packing for 2.5 months in Buenos Aires
- 5 Oasis Collection - Apartments in Buenos Aires
- 6 Insect repellent recommendations
- 7 Is Nat Geo Family Odyssey to Galapagos truly kid-friendly
- 8 Places to eat like a local
- 9 Galapagos
- 10 Chile Trekking options
- 11 Sunday Brunch at Alvear Palace with Avrooster
- 12 Ecuador - Tap Water Question
- 13 visiting Patagonia on cruise ship vs land trip
- 14 Taxi Ezeiza - BEWARE!
- 15 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 16 Fifteenth
- 17 Four Days in Buenos Aires
- 18 Patagonia w/out Guide
- 19 Suggestions for Antarctica/Patagonia Tour Operator
- 20 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 21 LAN Stopover in Lima
- 22 Sixty days in Colombia
- 23 Packing advice for weather
- 24 Iguazu Falls -- is Brazil side worth the cost?
- 25 Patagonia Planning