I am currently researching a trip for a potential travel grant. I'm a Spanish teacher and am interested in spending some time visiting the cities along the Río Paraná ... One of my grades studies landforms and I think it would be interesting to follow the river from Buenos Aires to Iguazú (I know the confluence is a bit downriver, but moving on...).
I was thinking of flying into BA and then taking buses: BA - Rosario - Santa Fe - Corrientes/Resistencia - Iguazú and then flying back to BA. Or, doing the opposite -- flying directly to Iguazu from BA and heading downriver.
1. First question is does it matter the order or would you have a preference?
2. Second question is how long would you recommend for this itinerary moving at a "reasonable" pace? Usually I like to travel for a longer period of time, but I will probably have a maximum of 2 weeks for this particular trip, including a couple of days in BA itself.
3. Third, if 2 weeks isn't long enough, which city would you leave out and why? They all seem to have interesting bits of Argentinean life and history...
Oh, I should say that this would have to take place in July or August. Would love to time with the Bienal de Esculturas in Resistencia if I'm able. I also had read about the missions in San Ignacio, or a day trip from Resistencia to the Chaco would be interesting.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 알라딘양방 ▶홈피: mat14.com】가입코드:ctx20⊙kakao:ctx2012♪♪
- 2 파워볼 중계 ◐ 도메인 : pwn21.com●가입코 드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 3 How many days in Medellin area?
- 4 Machu Picchu changes its entry schedule
- 5 Lodging by Medellin Airport
- 6 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 7 Finding a group to hike with
- 8 Buenos Aires, Patagonia hike, Uraguay beach and Iguazu idea feedback needed
- 9 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 10 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 11 Chilean Travel Agent Suggestions Needed
- 12 Galapagus July
- 13 The Atacama Desert
- 14 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 15 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 16 2 day Inca Trek and a fear of exposure/heights
- 17 1 day for Iguazu Falls (I know, but that's all she has)
- 18 Pisco sours
- 19 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 20 Last min cruise to the Galapagos
- 21 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 22 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 23 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!
- 24 Help needed with itinerary for Argentina and Chile
- 25 2 Weeks in Cusco Itinerary