I am currently researching a trip for a potential travel grant. I'm a Spanish teacher and am interested in spending some time visiting the cities along the Río Paraná ... One of my grades studies landforms and I think it would be interesting to follow the river from Buenos Aires to Iguazú (I know the confluence is a bit downriver, but moving on...).
I was thinking of flying into BA and then taking buses: BA - Rosario - Santa Fe - Corrientes/Resistencia - Iguazú and then flying back to BA. Or, doing the opposite -- flying directly to Iguazu from BA and heading downriver.
1. First question is does it matter the order or would you have a preference?
2. Second question is how long would you recommend for this itinerary moving at a "reasonable" pace? Usually I like to travel for a longer period of time, but I will probably have a maximum of 2 weeks for this particular trip, including a couple of days in BA itself.
3. Third, if 2 weeks isn't long enough, which city would you leave out and why? They all seem to have interesting bits of Argentinean life and history...
Oh, I should say that this would have to take place in July or August. Would love to time with the Bienal de Esculturas in Resistencia if I'm able. I also had read about the missions in San Ignacio, or a day trip from Resistencia to the Chaco would be interesting.
Thanks in advance!
Itinerary Help - Northeast Argentina
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 2 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 3 argentina & brazil
- 4 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 5 Brazilian music
- 6 Christmas in Cusco
- 7 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 8 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 9 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 10 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 11 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 12 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 13 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 14 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 15 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 16 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 17 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 18 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 19 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 20 Private sightseeing
- 21 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 22 Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York
- 23 Honeymoon 9 Days in South America
- 24 Argentina-country's financial woes impact a trip?
- 25 private sightseeing