I am currently researching a trip for a potential travel grant. I'm a Spanish teacher and am interested in spending some time visiting the cities along the Río Paraná ... One of my grades studies landforms and I think it would be interesting to follow the river from Buenos Aires to Iguazú (I know the confluence is a bit downriver, but moving on...).
I was thinking of flying into BA and then taking buses: BA - Rosario - Santa Fe - Corrientes/Resistencia - Iguazú and then flying back to BA. Or, doing the opposite -- flying directly to Iguazu from BA and heading downriver.
1. First question is does it matter the order or would you have a preference?
2. Second question is how long would you recommend for this itinerary moving at a "reasonable" pace? Usually I like to travel for a longer period of time, but I will probably have a maximum of 2 weeks for this particular trip, including a couple of days in BA itself.
3. Third, if 2 weeks isn't long enough, which city would you leave out and why? They all seem to have interesting bits of Argentinean life and history...
Oh, I should say that this would have to take place in July or August. Would love to time with the Bienal de Esculturas in Resistencia if I'm able. I also had read about the missions in San Ignacio, or a day trip from Resistencia to the Chaco would be interesting.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Patagonia - Equipment
- 2 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 3 Chile or Argentina?
- 4 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 5 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 6 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 7 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 8 Nazca Lines from Pisco or Ica Airport?
- 9 Chile cell phone and sim card advice needed
- 10 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 11 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 12 Flights to Northern Peru
- 13 Santiago neighborhood
- 14 Hotels in San Pedro de Atacama?
- 15 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 16 Backroads or Nat Geo hiking Patagonia
- 17 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 18 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 19 CasaCor Lima 2016
- 20 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 21 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 22 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 23 Steak house rec in Buenos Aires near Recoleta
- 24 Iguazu falls logistics
- 25 Still more Argentine questions