I am currently researching a trip for a potential travel grant. I'm a Spanish teacher and am interested in spending some time visiting the cities along the Río Paraná ... One of my grades studies landforms and I think it would be interesting to follow the river from Buenos Aires to Iguazú (I know the confluence is a bit downriver, but moving on...).
I was thinking of flying into BA and then taking buses: BA - Rosario - Santa Fe - Corrientes/Resistencia - Iguazú and then flying back to BA. Or, doing the opposite -- flying directly to Iguazu from BA and heading downriver.
1. First question is does it matter the order or would you have a preference?
2. Second question is how long would you recommend for this itinerary moving at a "reasonable" pace? Usually I like to travel for a longer period of time, but I will probably have a maximum of 2 weeks for this particular trip, including a couple of days in BA itself.
3. Third, if 2 weeks isn't long enough, which city would you leave out and why? They all seem to have interesting bits of Argentinean life and history...
Oh, I should say that this would have to take place in July or August. Would love to time with the Bienal de Esculturas in Resistencia if I'm able. I also had read about the missions in San Ignacio, or a day trip from Resistencia to the Chaco would be interesting.
Thanks in advance!
Itinerary Help - Northeast Argentina
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip Report - Very Long
- 2 JW Marriott Lima
- 3 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 4 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 5 Quito recommendations
- 6 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 7 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 8 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 9 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 10 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 11 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 12 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 13 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 14 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 15 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 16 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 17 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 18 Ecuador-tour guides
- 19 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 20 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 21 lima airport transport
- 22 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 23 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 24 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 25 Argentina currency