I am currently researching a trip for a potential travel grant. I'm a Spanish teacher and am interested in spending some time visiting the cities along the Río Paraná ... One of my grades studies landforms and I think it would be interesting to follow the river from Buenos Aires to Iguazú (I know the confluence is a bit downriver, but moving on...).
I was thinking of flying into BA and then taking buses: BA - Rosario - Santa Fe - Corrientes/Resistencia - Iguazú and then flying back to BA. Or, doing the opposite -- flying directly to Iguazu from BA and heading downriver.
1. First question is does it matter the order or would you have a preference?
2. Second question is how long would you recommend for this itinerary moving at a "reasonable" pace? Usually I like to travel for a longer period of time, but I will probably have a maximum of 2 weeks for this particular trip, including a couple of days in BA itself.
3. Third, if 2 weeks isn't long enough, which city would you leave out and why? They all seem to have interesting bits of Argentinean life and history...
Oh, I should say that this would have to take place in July or August. Would love to time with the Bienal de Esculturas in Resistencia if I'm able. I also had read about the missions in San Ignacio, or a day trip from Resistencia to the Chaco would be interesting.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://footballvslivestream.com/montana-state-vs-idaho-live/
- 2 Peru Trip Report-Lima, Paracas, Cusco
- 3 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 4 Need Lima restaurant recs
- 5 Southern Bolivia from Northwest Argentina?
- 6 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 7 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 8 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 9 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 10 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 11 Exciting Times in Colombia
- 12 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 13 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 14 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 15 Sixty days in Colombia
- 16 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 17 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 18 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 19 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 20 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 21 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 22 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 23 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 24 Booking sites - HELP! Don't want to be scammed
- 25 summer olympics in Rio