I am currently researching a trip for a potential travel grant. I'm a Spanish teacher and am interested in spending some time visiting the cities along the Río Paraná ... One of my grades studies landforms and I think it would be interesting to follow the river from Buenos Aires to Iguazú (I know the confluence is a bit downriver, but moving on...).
I was thinking of flying into BA and then taking buses: BA - Rosario - Santa Fe - Corrientes/Resistencia - Iguazú and then flying back to BA. Or, doing the opposite -- flying directly to Iguazu from BA and heading downriver.
1. First question is does it matter the order or would you have a preference?
2. Second question is how long would you recommend for this itinerary moving at a "reasonable" pace? Usually I like to travel for a longer period of time, but I will probably have a maximum of 2 weeks for this particular trip, including a couple of days in BA itself.
3. Third, if 2 weeks isn't long enough, which city would you leave out and why? They all seem to have interesting bits of Argentinean life and history...
Oh, I should say that this would have to take place in July or August. Would love to time with the Bienal de Esculturas in Resistencia if I'm able. I also had read about the missions in San Ignacio, or a day trip from Resistencia to the Chaco would be interesting.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Our new government to promote foreign tourism
- 2 11 hours in Lima
- 3 Chile or Argentina?
- 4 Transportation: Cusco Airport to Ollantaytamba train station
- 5 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 6 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 7 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 8 Machu Picchu - any good hiking guide companies?
- 9 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 10 South America this October
- 11 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 12 Spontaneity in Cusco activities possible?
- 13 Antarctica on the Vavilov-How to book?
- 14 Peru in December
- 15 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 16 Tarapoto
- 17 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia
- 18 Buenos Aires/Argentina 10+ Day, Solo Woman Traveler
- 19 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 20 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 21 Need some help in getting started-first vacation to South America!
- 22 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 23 Packing for Galapagos Cruise - Lessons Learned
- 24 Campinas and Natal help
- 25 Ecuador Haciendas and Weather