We are 2 friends (late 20’s) looking to visit Rio (during the carnival) and Buenos Aires. We can stay in South America between 14 and 16 nights. It will be our first visit there.
We’re undecided whether we should stick to these 2 cities or add another one like Foz de Iguacu or Salvador de Bahia?
Our 3 options are :
7 nights Buenos Aires, 8 nights Rio
6 nights Buenos Aires, 8 nights Rio, 1 night Iguaçu (because of our schedule, 7-7 is not possible)
6 nights Buenos Aires, 6 or 7 nights Rio, 3 nights Salvador.
Which option would you recommend? We don’t like to spend too much time in airports (which is why 4 cities is not an option), like to relax and we do like to mix cities (neighborhoods, cafes-good food, nightlife, football games) with nature & country (including beaches).
We will use our hubs for day-trips, especially in Buenos Aires.
I know we’re a bit late for Rio but does anybody also know if Copacabana or Ipanema is better for lodging and which section is the best at the sambadrome?
Thanks a lot in advance,
Itinerary Feedback on Buenos Aires & Rio during carnival
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 2 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 3 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 4 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 5 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 6 1 day in Rio
- 7 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 8 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 9 Solo female travelling around South America
- 10 Bariloche car rental
- 11 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 12 Galapagos Islands
- 13 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 14 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 15 Day trip to Paracas
- 16 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 17 Peru trip
- 18 Amazon Manaus Tour Guides
- 19 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 20 Chile or Chile/Argentina - 3 Itinerary Ideas, Can't Decide!
- 21 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 22 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 23 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 24 Mendoza - Wine Lodges robberies
- 25 Logistics for visit to Lake Titicaca