We are 2 friends (late 20’s) looking to visit Rio (during the carnival) and Buenos Aires. We can stay in South America between 14 and 16 nights. It will be our first visit there.
We’re undecided whether we should stick to these 2 cities or add another one like Foz de Iguacu or Salvador de Bahia?
Our 3 options are :
7 nights Buenos Aires, 8 nights Rio
6 nights Buenos Aires, 8 nights Rio, 1 night Iguaçu (because of our schedule, 7-7 is not possible)
6 nights Buenos Aires, 6 or 7 nights Rio, 3 nights Salvador.
Which option would you recommend? We don’t like to spend too much time in airports (which is why 4 cities is not an option), like to relax and we do like to mix cities (neighborhoods, cafes-good food, nightlife, football games) with nature & country (including beaches).
We will use our hubs for day-trips, especially in Buenos Aires.
I know we’re a bit late for Rio but does anybody also know if Copacabana or Ipanema is better for lodging and which section is the best at the sambadrome?
Thanks a lot in advance,
Itinerary Feedback on Buenos Aires & Rio during carnival
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 2 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 3 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 4 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 5 1st South American adventure
- 6 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 7 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 8 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 9 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 10 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 11 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 12 For Neoptropical Birders
- 13 Columbia Questions
- 14 Posadas-Paraguay-Brazil-Iguassu: Please, Help Find the Tour Operator
- 15 hotels in Buenos Aires
- 16 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 17 Ecuador Rain Forest with Pre-teens
- 18 Any suggestions for restaurants in Manaus?
- 19 Help with One Week, Christmas, Buenos Aires, solo female traveler
- 20 flights and hotels
- 21 Driver, Mendoza
- 22 Recommendations on where to buy an alpaca coat/jacket in Cusco?
- 23 amazon jungle trips
- 24 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 25 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down