We are 2 friends (late 20’s) looking to visit Rio (during the carnival) and Buenos Aires. We can stay in South America between 14 and 16 nights. It will be our first visit there.
We’re undecided whether we should stick to these 2 cities or add another one like Foz de Iguacu or Salvador de Bahia?
Our 3 options are :
7 nights Buenos Aires, 8 nights Rio
6 nights Buenos Aires, 8 nights Rio, 1 night Iguaçu (because of our schedule, 7-7 is not possible)
6 nights Buenos Aires, 6 or 7 nights Rio, 3 nights Salvador.
Which option would you recommend? We don’t like to spend too much time in airports (which is why 4 cities is not an option), like to relax and we do like to mix cities (neighborhoods, cafes-good food, nightlife, football games) with nature & country (including beaches).
We will use our hubs for day-trips, especially in Buenos Aires.
I know we’re a bit late for Rio but does anybody also know if Copacabana or Ipanema is better for lodging and which section is the best at the sambadrome?
Thanks a lot in advance,
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 2 christmas in buenos aires
- 3 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 4 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 5 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 6 Best Latin American countries!
- 7 Peru in Late February?
- 8 Sao Paulo
- 9 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 10 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 11 Salud !
- 12 Cartagena
- 13 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 14 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 15 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 16 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 17 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 18 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 19 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 20 Galapagos Island
- 21 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 22 Puno to Lima
- 23 Solmar Tours in Peru
- 24 opinions on itinerary flow
- 25 If it's Tuesday, this must be...Nicaragua, the Peruvian Amazon, or Colombia