We are 2 friends (late 20’s) looking to visit Rio (during the carnival) and Buenos Aires. We can stay in South America between 14 and 16 nights. It will be our first visit there.
We’re undecided whether we should stick to these 2 cities or add another one like Foz de Iguacu or Salvador de Bahia?
Our 3 options are :
7 nights Buenos Aires, 8 nights Rio
6 nights Buenos Aires, 8 nights Rio, 1 night Iguaçu (because of our schedule, 7-7 is not possible)
6 nights Buenos Aires, 6 or 7 nights Rio, 3 nights Salvador.
Which option would you recommend? We don’t like to spend too much time in airports (which is why 4 cities is not an option), like to relax and we do like to mix cities (neighborhoods, cafes-good food, nightlife, football games) with nature & country (including beaches).
We will use our hubs for day-trips, especially in Buenos Aires.
I know we’re a bit late for Rio but does anybody also know if Copacabana or Ipanema is better for lodging and which section is the best at the sambadrome?
Thanks a lot in advance,
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 1.5 days in Rio
- 2 Peru Trip for the Family
- 3 If it's Tuesday, it must be Patagonia...need itinerary help
- 4 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 5 Patagonia Hike/Travel/Explore
- 6 2 weeks trip
- 7 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 8 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 9 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 10 Where to stay in Bariloche
- 11 WEBJET
- 12 Iguazu and Iguaçu
- 13 Good women's hairgresser in Santiago?
- 14 Itineraries
- 15 Pantanal Lodges
- 16 Torres Del Paine Hiking - No Refugios
- 17 3 weeks in South America
- 18 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 19 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 20 Ecuador, Panama, or Costa Rica
- 21 Chile wine tour
- 22 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 23 Aerolineas "Visit Argentina" discounted airline pass
- 24 Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado?
- 25 How to count hotel floors in Ecuador?