We are 2 friends (late 20’s) looking to visit Rio (during the carnival) and Buenos Aires. We can stay in South America between 14 and 16 nights. It will be our first visit there.
We’re undecided whether we should stick to these 2 cities or add another one like Foz de Iguacu or Salvador de Bahia?
Our 3 options are :
7 nights Buenos Aires, 8 nights Rio
6 nights Buenos Aires, 8 nights Rio, 1 night Iguaçu (because of our schedule, 7-7 is not possible)
6 nights Buenos Aires, 6 or 7 nights Rio, 3 nights Salvador.
Which option would you recommend? We don’t like to spend too much time in airports (which is why 4 cities is not an option), like to relax and we do like to mix cities (neighborhoods, cafes-good food, nightlife, football games) with nature & country (including beaches).
We will use our hubs for day-trips, especially in Buenos Aires.
I know we’re a bit late for Rio but does anybody also know if Copacabana or Ipanema is better for lodging and which section is the best at the sambadrome?
Thanks a lot in advance,
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 2 Northeast Brazil
- 3 Lima, Peru - Travel Report
- 4 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 5 Going to Peru with 2 kids (9 and 12yrs)
- 6 Galapagos - Family Wildlife Tours
- 7 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 8 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 9 Going to Machu Pichu with 4 children
- 10 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 11 James Frazer-Mann - Trying to book El Chalten via Plataforma10 ?
- 12 Adventures / full of experince tours in the Ecuadorians
- 13 Lima - driver for hire
- 14 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 15 OK one final question - concerns AEP!
- 16 Iguazu Falls Couple Last Minute Questions!
- 17 First trip to Argentina - should we just stay in Buenos Aires?
- 18 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 19 Booking Treks in Cusco?
- 20 Best Hostels Cusco?
- 21 ONE WEEK IN COLOMBIA
- 22 Itinerary help
- 23 Itinerary help
- 24 Tourist travel with a Business Visa?
- 25 Current Conditions in Lima After Flooding...