We are 2 friends (late 20’s) looking to visit Rio (during the carnival) and Buenos Aires. We can stay in South America between 14 and 16 nights. It will be our first visit there.
We’re undecided whether we should stick to these 2 cities or add another one like Foz de Iguacu or Salvador de Bahia?
Our 3 options are :
7 nights Buenos Aires, 8 nights Rio
6 nights Buenos Aires, 8 nights Rio, 1 night Iguaçu (because of our schedule, 7-7 is not possible)
6 nights Buenos Aires, 6 or 7 nights Rio, 3 nights Salvador.
Which option would you recommend? We don’t like to spend too much time in airports (which is why 4 cities is not an option), like to relax and we do like to mix cities (neighborhoods, cafes-good food, nightlife, football games) with nature & country (including beaches).
We will use our hubs for day-trips, especially in Buenos Aires.
I know we’re a bit late for Rio but does anybody also know if Copacabana or Ipanema is better for lodging and which section is the best at the sambadrome?
Thanks a lot in advance,
Itinerary Feedback on Buenos Aires & Rio during carnival
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip Report - Very Long
- 2 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 3 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 4 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 5 JW Marriott Lima
- 6 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 7 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 8 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 9 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 10 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 11 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 12 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 13 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 14 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 15 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 16 Quito recommendations
- 17 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 18 Ecuador-tour guides
- 19 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 20 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 21 lima airport transport
- 22 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 23 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 24 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 25 Argentina currency