Just spent 2 weeks in LTI Costa Caribe Playa Caribe Isla de Margarita. By far the worst destination I have ever had the misfortune to visit... My style of holiday is diving, snorkling, deep sea fishing and discovering local culture. Non of the above were available as the sea is so rough you need a life jacket on because of the undertow the visibility sucks and apart from all that the place is run down full of broken glass and plastic bags. You are warned not to go out with out a guided tour as you could end up with your throat cut!!!! Take my adivce do not visit this Island. We spent 3 days on main land Venezuela and that was fantastic wonderful scenery and spectacular fishing. Keep to the mainland the islands are for foolish tourist who believe everything they read in brochures, I know I was one.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 salkantay trek
- 2 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 3 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 4 Rainbow mountain trek
- 5 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 6 Cusco/Machu Picchu Trip
- 7 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 8 Huayhuash Circuit in May - good-value trekking companies
- 9 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 10 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 11 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 12 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 13 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 14 Iquitos
- 15 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 16 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 17 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 18 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 19 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 20 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 21 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 22 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 23 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 24 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 25 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio