Just spent 2 weeks in LTI Costa Caribe Playa Caribe Isla de Margarita. By far the worst destination I have ever had the misfortune to visit... My style of holiday is diving, snorkling, deep sea fishing and discovering local culture. Non of the above were available as the sea is so rough you need a life jacket on because of the undertow the visibility sucks and apart from all that the place is run down full of broken glass and plastic bags. You are warned not to go out with out a guided tour as you could end up with your throat cut!!!! Take my adivce do not visit this Island. We spent 3 days on main land Venezuela and that was fantastic wonderful scenery and spectacular fishing. Keep to the mainland the islands are for foolish tourist who believe everything they read in brochures, I know I was one.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 2 Atm & credit card use in Peru
- 3 Need Lima restaurant recs
- 4 Four Days in Buenos Aires
- 5 Getting thru airport security Buenos Aires
- 6 Southern Bolivia from Northwest Argentina?
- 7 Peru Trip Report-Lima, Paracas, Cusco
- 8 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 9 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 10 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 11 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 12 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 13 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 14 Exciting Times in Colombia
- 15 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 16 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 17 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 18 Sixty days in Colombia
- 19 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 20 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 21 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 22 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 23 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 24 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 25 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?