Just spent 2 weeks in LTI Costa Caribe Playa Caribe Isla de Margarita. By far the worst destination I have ever had the misfortune to visit... My style of holiday is diving, snorkling, deep sea fishing and discovering local culture. Non of the above were available as the sea is so rough you need a life jacket on because of the undertow the visibility sucks and apart from all that the place is run down full of broken glass and plastic bags. You are warned not to go out with out a guided tour as you could end up with your throat cut!!!! Take my adivce do not visit this Island. We spent 3 days on main land Venezuela and that was fantastic wonderful scenery and spectacular fishing. Keep to the mainland the islands are for foolish tourist who believe everything they read in brochures, I know I was one.
Isla de Margarita
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 JW Marriott Lima
- 2 Trip Report - Very Long
- 3 Quito recommendations
- 4 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 5 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 6 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 7 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 8 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 9 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 10 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 11 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 12 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 13 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 14 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 15 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 16 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 17 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 18 Ecuador-tour guides
- 19 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 20 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 21 lima airport transport
- 22 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 23 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 24 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 25 Argentina currency