Just spent 2 weeks in LTI Costa Caribe Playa Caribe Isla de Margarita. By far the worst destination I have ever had the misfortune to visit... My style of holiday is diving, snorkling, deep sea fishing and discovering local culture. Non of the above were available as the sea is so rough you need a life jacket on because of the undertow the visibility sucks and apart from all that the place is run down full of broken glass and plastic bags. You are warned not to go out with out a guided tour as you could end up with your throat cut!!!! Take my adivce do not visit this Island. We spent 3 days on main land Venezuela and that was fantastic wonderful scenery and spectacular fishing. Keep to the mainland the islands are for foolish tourist who believe everything they read in brochures, I know I was one.
Isla de Margarita
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 2 Speak to me of Peru
- 3 Please Help - Santiago, Mendoza & Buenos Aires
- 4 Inhotim in one day? please???
- 5 What time to arrive at Machu Picchu?
- 6 Amazon from the Andes?
- 7 Salta vs. Santiago
- 8 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 9 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 10 Brazil visa for Iguazu + fees for Argentina & Chile
- 11 Exito Travel ? reliable travel agencies?
- 12 Somewhere hot!!!!!!
- 13 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 14 Back to South America
- 15 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 16 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 17 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 18 Fire in Valparaiso
- 19 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 20 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 21 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 22 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 23 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 24 Driving in Ecuador
- 25 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador