I recently visited Mexico City as was absolutely amazed. I thought this megapolis just would be another Latin American capital whose colonial charms are ruined by dilapidation and post-colonial ugly building constructions. In simple English, I thought maybe there would be a couple nice square as well as pretty churches dotted throughout the city with most of the rest of the city ugly. True, the ever-sprawling appearance and style of Greater Mexico City usually puts off even many nationals. However, the sizable enough historic center is nothing short of beautiful. This area is packed with very well preserved architecture, fine murals and classy restaurants known for great ambiance. What's more, the charming and small town colonial suburbs that are San Ángel and Coyoacán add to the overall allure of visiting the capital.
Anyway, do you think I would like Lima? If it consists of mostly ugly urban sprawl/blight with few and relatively small areas of colonial charm (like a couple squares as well as churches dotted around), then I probably would not want to visit. However, if Lima is something like Mexico City or Quito (which also has a rather sizable historic center that is nothing short of beautiful), then probably I would like it. What are your thoughts? Incidentally, I visited Cuzco and liked it, but of course, Lima is much bigger and if I enjoyed Cuzco I do not know whether Lima ranks among the country’s more attractive urban destinations.
Is Lima as Nice as Mexico City and Quito?
- 1 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 2 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 3 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 4 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 5 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 6 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 7 8 Days in Brazil
- 8 Peru Hop?
- 9 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 10 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 11 Uruguay Re-Do
- 12 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 13 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 14 More suggested reading
- 15 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 16 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 17 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 18 Bariloche over XMas
- 19 Quark Expeditions 50% off sale - Antarctica 2014
- 20 Traveling with a Computer?
- 21 Christmas Day in Buenos Aires
- 22 Two Weeks Ecuador - Itinerary Help!
- 23 18 Day Argentina Itinerary
- 24 Rent a car and travel through Patagonia? Join us!
- 25 Reflections on our South America trip