I recently visited Mexico City as was absolutely amazed. I thought this megapolis just would be another Latin American capital whose colonial charms are ruined by dilapidation and post-colonial ugly building constructions. In simple English, I thought maybe there would be a couple nice square as well as pretty churches dotted throughout the city with most of the rest of the city ugly. True, the ever-sprawling appearance and style of Greater Mexico City usually puts off even many nationals. However, the sizable enough historic center is nothing short of beautiful. This area is packed with very well preserved architecture, fine murals and classy restaurants known for great ambiance. What's more, the charming and small town colonial suburbs that are San Ángel and Coyoacán add to the overall allure of visiting the capital.
Anyway, do you think I would like Lima? If it consists of mostly ugly urban sprawl/blight with few and relatively small areas of colonial charm (like a couple squares as well as churches dotted around), then I probably would not want to visit. However, if Lima is something like Mexico City or Quito (which also has a rather sizable historic center that is nothing short of beautiful), then probably I would like it. What are your thoughts? Incidentally, I visited Cuzco and liked it, but of course, Lima is much bigger and if I enjoyed Cuzco I do not know whether Lima ranks among the country’s more attractive urban destinations.
Is Lima as Nice as Mexico City and Quito?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Buy real and fake Passport ,Visa,Driving License,etc
- 2 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 3 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 4 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 5 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 6 Peru Escorted Travel
- 7 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 8 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 9 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 10 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 11 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 12 Quito trip review with Gate 1 Travel
- 13 2 weeks in Argentina
- 14 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 15 Back to South America
- 16 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 17 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 18 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 19 JW Marriott Lima
- 20 Trip Report - Very Long
- 21 Quito recommendations
- 22 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 23 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 24 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 25 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!