We visited Ecuador on our last trip, we fall in love with Quito, the ecuadorean monument, and the beatiful historic center, but what really called our attention literally was a city located on the ecuadorean Pacific Coast call Guayaquil, we did know nothing about it, until our flight could not land on Quito's airport due to foggy weather conditions and was diverted to Guayaquil, the airline took good care of us we were transfered to the Hilton Hotel at Guayaquil, we were that impressed that we had to return two days later to do a city tour, went to the awesome Historic Park across the river on the nice Sailboat, also the Malecon or waterfront was very impressive, later on we found out that this was the economical capital of Ecuador, everything is brand new even its airport, locals are very proud of its innovations on urban restoration. Congratulations Ecuador, after all it has the world know Galapagos Islands as a majestic Crown.
Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 2 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 3 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 4 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 5 Bogota
- 6 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 7 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 8 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 9 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 10 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 11 4 weeks in Chile
- 12 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 13 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 14 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 15 Para Ti, Brazil
- 16 Advice needed for Colombia
- 17 Chile and Argentina
- 18 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 19 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 20 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 21 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 22 El valle de Elquí
- 23 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 24 Columbia Questions
- 25 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia