We visited Ecuador on our last trip, we fall in love with Quito, the ecuadorean monument, and the beatiful historic center, but what really called our attention literally was a city located on the ecuadorean Pacific Coast call Guayaquil, we did know nothing about it, until our flight could not land on Quito's airport due to foggy weather conditions and was diverted to Guayaquil, the airline took good care of us we were transfered to the Hilton Hotel at Guayaquil, we were that impressed that we had to return two days later to do a city tour, went to the awesome Historic Park across the river on the nice Sailboat, also the Malecon or waterfront was very impressive, later on we found out that this was the economical capital of Ecuador, everything is brand new even its airport, locals are very proud of its innovations on urban restoration. Congratulations Ecuador, after all it has the world know Galapagos Islands as a majestic Crown.
Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 2 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 3 Brazilian music
- 4 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 5 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 6 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 7 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 8 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 9 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 10 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 11 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 12 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 13 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 14 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 15 Private sightseeing
- 16 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 17 Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York
- 18 Honeymoon 9 Days in South America
- 19 argentina & brazil
- 20 Argentina-country's financial woes impact a trip?
- 21 private sightseeing
- 22 private tour options
- 23 Currency Woes
- 24 Trek/Tour companies recommendations
- 25 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS