We visited Ecuador on our last trip, we fall in love with Quito, the ecuadorean monument, and the beatiful historic center, but what really called our attention literally was a city located on the ecuadorean Pacific Coast call Guayaquil, we did know nothing about it, until our flight could not land on Quito's airport due to foggy weather conditions and was diverted to Guayaquil, the airline took good care of us we were transfered to the Hilton Hotel at Guayaquil, we were that impressed that we had to return two days later to do a city tour, went to the awesome Historic Park across the river on the nice Sailboat, also the Malecon or waterfront was very impressive, later on we found out that this was the economical capital of Ecuador, everything is brand new even its airport, locals are very proud of its innovations on urban restoration. Congratulations Ecuador, after all it has the world know Galapagos Islands as a majestic Crown.
Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
View all South America activity »
- 1 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 2 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 3 8 Days in Brazil
- 4 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 5 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 6 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 7 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 8 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 9 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 10 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 11 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 12 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 13 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 14 Peru Hop?
- 15 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 16 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 17 Uruguay Re-Do
- 18 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 19 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 20 More suggested reading
- 21 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 22 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 23 Bariloche over XMas
- 24 Quark Expeditions 50% off sale - Antarctica 2014
- 25 Traveling with a Computer?