Coming from the US, Salta is a rather difficult destination to reach. Nevertheless, I LOVE Argentina. I have traveled extensively in 64 countries and Argentina and Spain are my 2 favorite. I know many of Latin America’s gorgeous urban centers (meaning sizeable areas with beautiful colonial sights and charm): Cuzco, Quito, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Salvador in Brazil, Ouro Preto, Cartagena, Guanajuato, Campeche, Zacatecas, San Juan, Havana, Santo Domingo, etc. Anyway, I plan on visiting Brazil soon and will try to include Salta if it truly ranks among Latin America’s most attractive sightseeing destinations. As subjective as this is, what’s your opinion? Is Salta’s visual/architectural beauty confined/limited to the main square and a few small streets that branch off or is the city for the most part a great sightseeing destination?
Is Colonial Salta Overall a Great Sightseeing Destination?
- 1 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 2 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 3 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 4 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 5 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 6 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 7 8 Days in Brazil
- 8 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 9 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 10 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 11 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 12 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 13 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 14 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 15 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 16 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 17 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 18 Peru Hop?
- 19 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 20 Uruguay Re-Do
- 21 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 22 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 23 More suggested reading
- 24 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 25 Bariloche over XMas