Coming from the US, Salta is a rather difficult destination to reach. Nevertheless, I LOVE Argentina. I have traveled extensively in 64 countries and Argentina and Spain are my 2 favorite. I know many of Latin America’s gorgeous urban centers (meaning sizeable areas with beautiful colonial sights and charm): Cuzco, Quito, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Salvador in Brazil, Ouro Preto, Cartagena, Guanajuato, Campeche, Zacatecas, San Juan, Havana, Santo Domingo, etc. Anyway, I plan on visiting Brazil soon and will try to include Salta if it truly ranks among Latin America’s most attractive sightseeing destinations. As subjective as this is, what’s your opinion? Is Salta’s visual/architectural beauty confined/limited to the main square and a few small streets that branch off or is the city for the most part a great sightseeing destination?
Is Colonial Salta Overall a Great Sightseeing Destination?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Speak to me of Peru
- 2 Inhotim in one day? please???
- 3 What time to arrive at Machu Picchu?
- 4 Amazon from the Andes?
- 5 Salta vs. Santiago
- 6 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 7 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 8 Brazil visa for Iguazu + fees for Argentina & Chile
- 9 Exito Travel ? reliable travel agencies?
- 10 Somewhere hot!!!!!!
- 11 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 12 Please Help - Santiago, Mendoza & Buenos Aires
- 13 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 14 Back to South America
- 15 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 16 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 17 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 18 Fire in Valparaiso
- 19 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 20 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 21 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 22 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 23 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 24 Driving in Ecuador
- 25 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador