Coming from the US, Salta is a rather difficult destination to reach. Nevertheless, I LOVE Argentina. I have traveled extensively in 64 countries and Argentina and Spain are my 2 favorite. I know many of Latin America’s gorgeous urban centers (meaning sizeable areas with beautiful colonial sights and charm): Cuzco, Quito, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Salvador in Brazil, Ouro Preto, Cartagena, Guanajuato, Campeche, Zacatecas, San Juan, Havana, Santo Domingo, etc. Anyway, I plan on visiting Brazil soon and will try to include Salta if it truly ranks among Latin America’s most attractive sightseeing destinations. As subjective as this is, what’s your opinion? Is Salta’s visual/architectural beauty confined/limited to the main square and a few small streets that branch off or is the city for the most part a great sightseeing destination?
Is Colonial Salta Overall a Great Sightseeing Destination?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Buying a SIM card in Chile for I phone 5
- 2 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 3 Birding in Mindo
- 4 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 5 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 6 Rio Advice for 2 Young Women
- 7 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 8 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 9 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 10 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 11 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 12 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 13 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 14 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 15 Quito trip review with Gate 1 Travel
- 16 2 weeks in Argentina
- 17 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 18 Back to South America
- 19 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 20 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 21 JW Marriott Lima
- 22 Trip Report - Very Long
- 23 Quito recommendations
- 24 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 25 Which airline to fly to Cusco?