Coming from the US, Salta is a rather difficult destination to reach. Nevertheless, I LOVE Argentina. I have traveled extensively in 64 countries and Argentina and Spain are my 2 favorite. I know many of Latin America’s gorgeous urban centers (meaning sizeable areas with beautiful colonial sights and charm): Cuzco, Quito, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Salvador in Brazil, Ouro Preto, Cartagena, Guanajuato, Campeche, Zacatecas, San Juan, Havana, Santo Domingo, etc. Anyway, I plan on visiting Brazil soon and will try to include Salta if it truly ranks among Latin America’s most attractive sightseeing destinations. As subjective as this is, what’s your opinion? Is Salta’s visual/architectural beauty confined/limited to the main square and a few small streets that branch off or is the city for the most part a great sightseeing destination?
Is Colonial Salta Overall a Great Sightseeing Destination?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 How to Set Permissions on a Flash Drive
- 2 How to Play Songs From a Flash Drive on the Xbox 360
- 3 Sugar Loaf Trip
- 4 A few days in Uruguay from Buenos Aires
- 5 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 6 Colombia + Peru in 1 month: itinerary doable?
- 7 Birding in Mindo
- 8 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 9 Trip Report: Argentina, Chile, Bolivia & Peru with Tweens
- 10 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 11 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 12 Ecuador-tour guides
- 13 9 days in Rio, Buenos Aires,and Mendoza
- 14 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 15 Rio Advice for 2 Young Women
- 16 2 weeks in Argentina
- 17 Buying a SIM card in Chile for I phone 5
- 18 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 19 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 20 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 21 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 22 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 23 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 24 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 25 Salta...Travel Brain Dead