Hello Brain Trust, I am working with the rest of my team to try and plan a trip to Iquitos for the Amazon Raft Race. We would like to have some fun in the iquitos area besides doing the race. there seems to be three seperate offers on the table but i am open to better suggestions. A group called Living in Peru has a tour that starts before the race and then they put you up on a boat as we travel down the river for race. Problem is the hotel in Iquitos is El dorado which i have read very bad stuff about and it makes me question the rest of their organization. There is a place called Amazon King Lodge which looks nice but the american address is associated with a mission society and i don't want to get hooked up with anyone who is trying to force their beliefs onto natives ( or me ). does anyone know anything about them? It would only be for before the race, i don't believe they have boats on the river. There is another outfit called Dawn on the Amazon which offers boat tours but have not heard back if they offer a boat to follow us down the river. SOOOO...Anyone know anything about these outfitters? Any others that might have a boat on the river we could rent beds on? I have seen good things about Nativa apartments, should be just stay there and take day trips around iquitos? Thanks for any info. M
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 2 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 3 Quito trip
- 4 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 5 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 6 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 7 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 8 1 day in Rio
- 9 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 10 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 11 Solo female travelling around South America
- 12 Bariloche car rental
- 13 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 14 Galapagos Islands
- 15 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 16 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 17 Day trip to Paracas
- 18 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 19 Peru trip
- 20 Amazon Manaus Tour Guides
- 21 Chile or Chile/Argentina - 3 Itinerary Ideas, Can't Decide!
- 22 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 23 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 24 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 25 Mendoza - Wine Lodges robberies