Hello Brain Trust, I am working with the rest of my team to try and plan a trip to Iquitos for the Amazon Raft Race. We would like to have some fun in the iquitos area besides doing the race. there seems to be three seperate offers on the table but i am open to better suggestions. A group called Living in Peru has a tour that starts before the race and then they put you up on a boat as we travel down the river for race. Problem is the hotel in Iquitos is El dorado which i have read very bad stuff about and it makes me question the rest of their organization. There is a place called Amazon King Lodge which looks nice but the american address is associated with a mission society and i don't want to get hooked up with anyone who is trying to force their beliefs onto natives ( or me ). does anyone know anything about them? It would only be for before the race, i don't believe they have boats on the river. There is another outfit called Dawn on the Amazon which offers boat tours but have not heard back if they offer a boat to follow us down the river. SOOOO...Anyone know anything about these outfitters? Any others that might have a boat on the river we could rent beds on? I have seen good things about Nativa apartments, should be just stay there and take day trips around iquitos? Thanks for any info. M
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 2 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 3 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 4 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 5 Fire in Valparaiso
- 6 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 7 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 8 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 9 Ecuador - should we go?
- 10 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 11 Back to South America
- 12 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 13 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 14 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 15 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 16 Driving in Ecuador
- 17 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 18 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 19 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 20 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 21 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 22 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 23 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 24 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 25 Questions re. Machu Picchu