Hello Brain Trust, I am working with the rest of my team to try and plan a trip to Iquitos for the Amazon Raft Race. We would like to have some fun in the iquitos area besides doing the race. there seems to be three seperate offers on the table but i am open to better suggestions. A group called Living in Peru has a tour that starts before the race and then they put you up on a boat as we travel down the river for race. Problem is the hotel in Iquitos is El dorado which i have read very bad stuff about and it makes me question the rest of their organization. There is a place called Amazon King Lodge which looks nice but the american address is associated with a mission society and i don't want to get hooked up with anyone who is trying to force their beliefs onto natives ( or me ). does anyone know anything about them? It would only be for before the race, i don't believe they have boats on the river. There is another outfit called Dawn on the Amazon which offers boat tours but have not heard back if they offer a boat to follow us down the river. SOOOO...Anyone know anything about these outfitters? Any others that might have a boat on the river we could rent beds on? I have seen good things about Nativa apartments, should be just stay there and take day trips around iquitos? Thanks for any info. M
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Birding in Mindo
- 2 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 3 2 weeks in Argentina
- 4 Buying a SIM card in Chile for I phone 5
- 5 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 6 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 7 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 8 Rio Advice for 2 Young Women
- 9 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 10 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 11 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 12 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 13 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 14 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 15 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 16 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 17 Back to South America
- 18 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 19 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 20 JW Marriott Lima
- 21 Trip Report - Very Long
- 22 Quito recommendations
- 23 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 24 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 25 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!