Hello Brain Trust, I am working with the rest of my team to try and plan a trip to Iquitos for the Amazon Raft Race. We would like to have some fun in the iquitos area besides doing the race. there seems to be three seperate offers on the table but i am open to better suggestions. A group called Living in Peru has a tour that starts before the race and then they put you up on a boat as we travel down the river for race. Problem is the hotel in Iquitos is El dorado which i have read very bad stuff about and it makes me question the rest of their organization. There is a place called Amazon King Lodge which looks nice but the american address is associated with a mission society and i don't want to get hooked up with anyone who is trying to force their beliefs onto natives ( or me ). does anyone know anything about them? It would only be for before the race, i don't believe they have boats on the river. There is another outfit called Dawn on the Amazon which offers boat tours but have not heard back if they offer a boat to follow us down the river. SOOOO...Anyone know anything about these outfitters? Any others that might have a boat on the river we could rent beds on? I have seen good things about Nativa apartments, should be just stay there and take day trips around iquitos? Thanks for any info. M
View all South America activity »
- 1 8 Days in Brazil
- 2 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 3 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 4 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 5 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 6 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 7 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 8 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 9 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 10 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 11 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 12 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 13 Peru Hop?
- 14 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 15 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 16 Uruguay Re-Do
- 17 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 18 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 19 More suggested reading
- 20 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 21 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 22 Bariloche over XMas
- 23 Quark Expeditions 50% off sale - Antarctica 2014
- 24 Traveling with a Computer?
- 25 Christmas Day in Buenos Aires