Hi My husband and I will be in Rio for three nights, at the end of our journey. We are in our mid- fifties. We would like to see all of the sites, not so much sit on the beach. I see many nice comments for Santa Teresa..and of course Ipanema. they are so different. Trying to decide which one to stay at. We love the idea always of walking outside and finding restaurants cafes etc. within walking distance ,which could be 25 minutes or so. But happy to cab it as well. Any thoughts????
Ipanema or Santa teresa?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 2 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 3 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 4 Christmas in Cusco
- 5 transportation in Brazil
- 6 Advice, recommendations and guidance
- 7 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 8 Patagonia Chile
- 9 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 10 Cartagena: enough for 4-6 days?
- 11 Easter Island flight delays?
- 12 argentina & brazil
- 13 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 14 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 15 Beware of G Adventures Galapagos tour guides!
- 16 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 17 Brazilian music
- 18 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 19 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 20 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 21 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 22 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 23 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 24 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 25 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires