I was born in Mexico, but am a U.S. Citizen with a U.S. Passport. I want to visit several South American countries over a five-month period. A round-trip ticket is the cheapest, so I propose to fly into Bogota, Colombia... stay a couple of weeks, and then bus it to Venezuela, Brazil, Ecuador, return to Colombia and then take my return flight back to the U.S. I know I can travel to Colombia for 60 days no problem... Possibly get an extention for another 60 days, but that would not cover the five months I plan to travel in South America. My question is: when I leave Colombia after two weeks, does the clock keep running on my 60 days, or is that only for the time I am in the country. When I return five months later to take the flight back to U.S. will they let me back in? Also, when I arrive and when they see that my return flight is five months later, would that be a problem. It is really hard to get questions like this answered through their counselate. They don't understand what I am trying to ask.
In and out of Colombia 5 months
View all South America activity »
- 1 Asuncion Paraguay Attractions and Cheap Hotels in Town near bank
- 2 should we skip Bolivia in Febuary.
- 3 Crellston and Others
- 4 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 5 Reflections on our South America trip
- 6 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 7 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 8 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 9 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 10 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 11 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 12 8 Days in Brazil
- 13 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 14 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 15 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 16 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 17 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 18 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 19 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 20 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 21 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 22 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 23 Peru Hop?
- 24 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 25 Uruguay Re-Do