I was born in Mexico, but am a U.S. Citizen with a U.S. Passport. I want to visit several South American countries over a five-month period. A round-trip ticket is the cheapest, so I propose to fly into Bogota, Colombia... stay a couple of weeks, and then bus it to Venezuela, Brazil, Ecuador, return to Colombia and then take my return flight back to the U.S. I know I can travel to Colombia for 60 days no problem... Possibly get an extention for another 60 days, but that would not cover the five months I plan to travel in South America. My question is: when I leave Colombia after two weeks, does the clock keep running on my 60 days, or is that only for the time I am in the country. When I return five months later to take the flight back to U.S. will they let me back in? Also, when I arrive and when they see that my return flight is five months later, would that be a problem. It is really hard to get questions like this answered through their counselate. They don't understand what I am trying to ask.
In and out of Colombia 5 months
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Buy Quality Real And Fake Passports,Driver’s License,ID Cards,
- 2 Lodge in Pantanal
- 3 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 4 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 5 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 6 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 7 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 8 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 9 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 10 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 11 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 12 Cell phone in Brazil
- 13 10 Full Days in Peru
- 14 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 15 10 day itinerary questions
- 16 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 17 Please comment on this 8 week itinerary (Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru)!
- 18 Iguazu Falls for a single woman?
- 19 ATM San Pedro de Atacama
- 20 Santiago 2 days
- 21 Galapogas: Short tour vs long tour
- 22 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 23 Quito Airport Hotels?
- 24 10 day in peru
- 25 Galapogas Islands - when to go?