I was born in Mexico, but am a U.S. Citizen with a U.S. Passport. I want to visit several South American countries over a five-month period. A round-trip ticket is the cheapest, so I propose to fly into Bogota, Colombia... stay a couple of weeks, and then bus it to Venezuela, Brazil, Ecuador, return to Colombia and then take my return flight back to the U.S. I know I can travel to Colombia for 60 days no problem... Possibly get an extention for another 60 days, but that would not cover the five months I plan to travel in South America. My question is: when I leave Colombia after two weeks, does the clock keep running on my 60 days, or is that only for the time I am in the country. When I return five months later to take the flight back to U.S. will they let me back in? Also, when I arrive and when they see that my return flight is five months later, would that be a problem. It is really hard to get questions like this answered through their counselate. They don't understand what I am trying to ask.
In and out of Colombia 5 months
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 2 Ecuador - should we go?
- 3 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 4 Santiago 2 days
- 5 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 6 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 7 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 8 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 9 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 10 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 11 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 12 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 13 Lodge in Pantanal
- 14 Pantanal on your own
- 15 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 16 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 17 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 18 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 19 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 20 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 21 Cell phone in Brazil
- 22 10 Full Days in Peru
- 23 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 24 10 day itinerary questions
- 25 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?