I was born in Mexico, but am a U.S. Citizen with a U.S. Passport. I want to visit several South American countries over a five-month period. A round-trip ticket is the cheapest, so I propose to fly into Bogota, Colombia... stay a couple of weeks, and then bus it to Venezuela, Brazil, Ecuador, return to Colombia and then take my return flight back to the U.S. I know I can travel to Colombia for 60 days no problem... Possibly get an extention for another 60 days, but that would not cover the five months I plan to travel in South America. My question is: when I leave Colombia after two weeks, does the clock keep running on my 60 days, or is that only for the time I am in the country. When I return five months later to take the flight back to U.S. will they let me back in? Also, when I arrive and when they see that my return flight is five months later, would that be a problem. It is really hard to get questions like this answered through their counselate. They don't understand what I am trying to ask.
In and out of Colombia 5 months
- 1 11-day trip to Easter Island and Santiago.
- 2 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 3 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 4 Machu Pichu accomodation
- 5 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 6 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 7 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 8 Back to South America
- 9 We will be in Rio during carnival. Advice needed please.
- 10 Need Driver for Iguazu Falls & Foz da Iguacu
- 11 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 12 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos
- 13 Vaya Adventures
- 14 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 15 Help with Flight Delays & Planning????
- 16 Flights on LAN
- 17 Need help with Cusco itinerary
- 18 Eight Days on Horseback in the Avenue of the Volcanoes
- 19 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 20 More suggested reading
- 21 Family Trip to the Galapagos Islands
- 22 Peru Trip Report & Reviews (Lima, Sacred Valley, Manu, Cusco)
- 23 Has anyone heard of the tour company "escapes unlimited"?
- 24 which hotel in Cusco-- Second Home or Hotel Andenes al Cielo
- 25 Trip to Peru with my girlfriend (mid 20s)