I'm flying home from Santiago late on Dec 10th. Huentetu kindly pointed out on my planning thread that I should avoid traveling between Valparaiso, my previous stop, and Santiago on Dec 7 and 8. So I can either get to Santiago on Dec 6 and spend four nights/five days there, or spend the holiday in Valparaiso and just one night in Santiago. I expect to be back in Santiago next year, so I don't really need a lot of time there on this trip. However, if there will be something special going on for the religious festival in Santiago rather than Valparaiso, I'd consider staying in Santiago.
Immaculate Conception, Valparaiso or Santiago?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentinaest place for rental: jan feb march
- 2 Itinierary for a 2 country trip - Peru & Argentina
- 3 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 4 Tipping in Peru
- 5 General Peru questions
- 6 Peru - Machu Picchu in August - What To Pack?
- 7 My June '14 Peru Trip
- 8 Ecuador - Otavolo and/or Cotopaxi? plus tour operator question
- 9 Santiago & Elqui Valley stargazing
- 10 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 11 No kids, 1st class, active Galapagos
- 12 visa for brazil
- 13 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 14 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 15 Montes Claros to Minas Novas travel suggestions
- 16 Santiago and Puerto Montt in a week
- 17 Air Conditioning in Valparaiso?
- 18 Lakes District: Where to Base for 10 days
- 19 3 Full Days in Iguazu?
- 20 New advance payment of Argentina's reciprocity fee
- 21 How does my 2 week Columbia itinerary sound?
- 22 Driving Distances and Itineraries in the Northwest of Argentina
- 23 Day trips from Montevideo
- 24 first time to south america
- 25 10 day in peru