I'm flying home from Santiago late on Dec 10th. Huentetu kindly pointed out on my planning thread that I should avoid traveling between Valparaiso, my previous stop, and Santiago on Dec 7 and 8. So I can either get to Santiago on Dec 6 and spend four nights/five days there, or spend the holiday in Valparaiso and just one night in Santiago. I expect to be back in Santiago next year, so I don't really need a lot of time there on this trip. However, if there will be something special going on for the religious festival in Santiago rather than Valparaiso, I'd consider staying in Santiago.
Immaculate Conception, Valparaiso or Santiago?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 2 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 3 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 4 Easter Day in Rio
- 5 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 6 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 7 Satellite phones allowed into Brazil?
- 8 Visiting Machu Picchu in August, need help with planning.
- 9 Wrapping Up the Trip Planning - A Few Final Questions
- 10 Costa Rica during Holy Week - need help
- 11 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 12 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 13 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 14 Three weeks in South America
- 15 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 16 Patagonia tour in April
- 17 5 days in Patgonia... review of itinerary
- 18 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 19 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 20 HIP - BACK problems.....Relief !
- 21 Off the beaten track
- 22 Hosteria Tyndall - Torres del Paine
- 23 Ecuador Trip without Galapagos-10 nights
- 24 LAN flights cancelled this morning, March 11, due to a strike
- 25 Peru: a month travel in February