I'm flying home from Santiago late on Dec 10th. Huentetu kindly pointed out on my planning thread that I should avoid traveling between Valparaiso, my previous stop, and Santiago on Dec 7 and 8. So I can either get to Santiago on Dec 6 and spend four nights/five days there, or spend the holiday in Valparaiso and just one night in Santiago. I expect to be back in Santiago next year, so I don't really need a lot of time there on this trip. However, if there will be something special going on for the religious festival in Santiago rather than Valparaiso, I'd consider staying in Santiago.
Immaculate Conception, Valparaiso or Santiago?
View all South America activity »
- 1 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 2 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 3 Peru's Best Tours - Cusco, Machu Picchu, Lima
- 4 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 5 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 6 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 7 8 Days in Brazil
- 8 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 9 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 10 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 11 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 12 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 13 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 14 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 15 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 16 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 17 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 18 Peru Hop?
- 19 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 20 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 21 Uruguay Re-Do
- 22 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 23 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 24 More suggested reading
- 25 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip