We are planning on going from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro with a stopover to see the Iguazu falls. I realized that is a lot cheaper to fly from BA to Puerto Iguazú, and from Foz do Iguaçu to Rio. Can someone help me figure out how to get from Puerto Iguazú to Foz do Iguaçu? I read that taxis do go across the border, so which of these options make sense? We will be travelling with young kids.
1. Fly into Puerto Iguazú, and catch a taxi to go to a hotel in Foz do Iguaçu. See Brazilian side of the falls next day, then the Argentinian side, the following day, and the day after that, catch a flight to Rio from Foz do Iguaçu.
2. Fly into Puerto Iguazú, and stay in a hotel in Puerto Iguazú. See Argentinian side of the falls next day, then the Brazilian side, the following day, and the day after that, catch a taxi to Foz do Iguaçu to catch a flight for Rio.
How much will the taxis cost? Also, how much time does it take to see the falls with young kids (6, 7 and 10 yrs old) on the Brazilian as well as the Argentinian side? With the two options above, I am flying on day 1 and day 4, but sight seeing only on days 2 and 3. Is it possible to make this tighter?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cusco area and Machu Picchu guide
- 2 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 3 Argentina with a touch of Chile and some help needed
- 4 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 5 Argentina vs Chile
- 6 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 7 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 8 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 9 Avianca business class
- 10 Planning Argentina Trip
- 11 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 12 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 13 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 14 Feria de las flores
- 15 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 16 Brazilian Visa Documents - Help!
- 17 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 18 comments
- 19 Cusco to La Paz Priorities: Puno VS Copacabana VS La Paz VS Coroico
- 20 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 21 Huacachina, Peru
- 22 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 23 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 24 Pantanal Lodges
- 25 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
Iguazu falls itinerary options... ...which one makes sense?