We are planning on going from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro with a stopover to see the Iguazu falls. I realized that is a lot cheaper to fly from BA to Puerto Iguazú, and from Foz do Iguaçu to Rio. Can someone help me figure out how to get from Puerto Iguazú to Foz do Iguaçu? I read that taxis do go across the border, so which of these options make sense? We will be travelling with young kids.
1. Fly into Puerto Iguazú, and catch a taxi to go to a hotel in Foz do Iguaçu. See Brazilian side of the falls next day, then the Argentinian side, the following day, and the day after that, catch a flight to Rio from Foz do Iguaçu.
2. Fly into Puerto Iguazú, and stay in a hotel in Puerto Iguazú. See Argentinian side of the falls next day, then the Brazilian side, the following day, and the day after that, catch a taxi to Foz do Iguaçu to catch a flight for Rio.
How much will the taxis cost? Also, how much time does it take to see the falls with young kids (6, 7 and 10 yrs old) on the Brazilian as well as the Argentinian side? With the two options above, I am flying on day 1 and day 4, but sight seeing only on days 2 and 3. Is it possible to make this tighter?
Iguazu falls itinerary options... ...which one makes sense?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 2 Para Ti, Brazil
- 3 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 4 4 weeks in Chile
- 5 Advice needed for Colombia
- 6 Chile and Argentina
- 7 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 8 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 9 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 10 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 11 El valle de Elquí
- 12 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 13 Columbia Questions
- 14 Bogota
- 15 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 16 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 17 Jewish sites and tour of Buenos Aires?
- 18 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 19 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 20 Galapagos in 5 days
- 21 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 22 Glover´s ongoing report - 2 months in Colombia
- 23 Plaza Hotel in Buenos Aires
- 24 Beaches near Buenos Aires
- 25 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires