We are planning on going from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro with a stopover to see the Iguazu falls. I realized that is a lot cheaper to fly from BA to Puerto Iguazú, and from Foz do Iguaçu to Rio. Can someone help me figure out how to get from Puerto Iguazú to Foz do Iguaçu? I read that taxis do go across the border, so which of these options make sense? We will be travelling with young kids.
1. Fly into Puerto Iguazú, and catch a taxi to go to a hotel in Foz do Iguaçu. See Brazilian side of the falls next day, then the Argentinian side, the following day, and the day after that, catch a flight to Rio from Foz do Iguaçu.
2. Fly into Puerto Iguazú, and stay in a hotel in Puerto Iguazú. See Argentinian side of the falls next day, then the Brazilian side, the following day, and the day after that, catch a taxi to Foz do Iguaçu to catch a flight for Rio.
How much will the taxis cost? Also, how much time does it take to see the falls with young kids (6, 7 and 10 yrs old) on the Brazilian as well as the Argentinian side? With the two options above, I am flying on day 1 and day 4, but sight seeing only on days 2 and 3. Is it possible to make this tighter?
Iguazu falls itinerary options... ...which one makes sense?
- 1 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 2 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 3 Machu Pichu accomodation
- 4 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 5 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 6 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 7 Back to South America
- 8 We will be in Rio during carnival. Advice needed please.
- 9 Need Driver for Iguazu Falls & Foz da Iguacu
- 10 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 11 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos
- 12 Vaya Adventures
- 13 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 14 Help with Flight Delays & Planning????
- 15 Flights on LAN
- 16 Need help with Cusco itinerary
- 17 Eight Days on Horseback in the Avenue of the Volcanoes
- 18 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 19 More suggested reading
- 20 Family Trip to the Galapagos Islands
- 21 Peru Trip Report & Reviews (Lima, Sacred Valley, Manu, Cusco)
- 22 Has anyone heard of the tour company "escapes unlimited"?
- 23 which hotel in Cusco-- Second Home or Hotel Andenes al Cielo
- 24 Trip to Peru with my girlfriend (mid 20s)
- 25 Perito Moreno mini walk