We are planning on going from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro with a stopover to see the Iguazu falls. I realized that is a lot cheaper to fly from BA to Puerto Iguazú, and from Foz do Iguaçu to Rio. Can someone help me figure out how to get from Puerto Iguazú to Foz do Iguaçu? I read that taxis do go across the border, so which of these options make sense? We will be travelling with young kids.
1. Fly into Puerto Iguazú, and catch a taxi to go to a hotel in Foz do Iguaçu. See Brazilian side of the falls next day, then the Argentinian side, the following day, and the day after that, catch a flight to Rio from Foz do Iguaçu.
2. Fly into Puerto Iguazú, and stay in a hotel in Puerto Iguazú. See Argentinian side of the falls next day, then the Brazilian side, the following day, and the day after that, catch a taxi to Foz do Iguaçu to catch a flight for Rio.
How much will the taxis cost? Also, how much time does it take to see the falls with young kids (6, 7 and 10 yrs old) on the Brazilian as well as the Argentinian side? With the two options above, I am flying on day 1 and day 4, but sight seeing only on days 2 and 3. Is it possible to make this tighter?
Iguazu falls itinerary options... ...which one makes sense?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru in December
- 2 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 3 amazon jungle trips
- 4 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 5 TDP in August
- 6 Amazon Cruise
- 7 3 Full Days in Iguazu?
- 8 Trip with my boyfriend to the Brazilian city of São Paulo!
- 9 Brazil for Carnival
- 10 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 11 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 12 Last 2 weeks
- 13 10 nights in Argentina
- 14 Flight to El Calafate for one day
- 15 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 16 Sobering Film
- 17 Travel to Peru with my 5 best friends!
- 18 Estancias Outside Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 19 Peru- making up a small 50+ group
- 20 Machu Picchu First?
- 21 Rosh Hashanah
- 22 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 23 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 24 Lakes District: Where to Base for 10 days
- 25 Patagonia trip decisions