We are planning on going from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro with a stopover to see the Iguazu falls. I realized that is a lot cheaper to fly from BA to Puerto Iguazú, and from Foz do Iguaçu to Rio. Can someone help me figure out how to get from Puerto Iguazú to Foz do Iguaçu? I read that taxis do go across the border, so which of these options make sense? We will be travelling with young kids.
1. Fly into Puerto Iguazú, and catch a taxi to go to a hotel in Foz do Iguaçu. See Brazilian side of the falls next day, then the Argentinian side, the following day, and the day after that, catch a flight to Rio from Foz do Iguaçu.
2. Fly into Puerto Iguazú, and stay in a hotel in Puerto Iguazú. See Argentinian side of the falls next day, then the Brazilian side, the following day, and the day after that, catch a taxi to Foz do Iguaçu to catch a flight for Rio.
How much will the taxis cost? Also, how much time does it take to see the falls with young kids (6, 7 and 10 yrs old) on the Brazilian as well as the Argentinian side? With the two options above, I am flying on day 1 and day 4, but sight seeing only on days 2 and 3. Is it possible to make this tighter?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 2 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 3 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 4 Rainbow mountain trek
- 5 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 6 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 7 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 8 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 9 Iquitos
- 10 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 11 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 12 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 13 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 14 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 15 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 16 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio
- 17 Bariloche car rental
- 18 Guide recommendation Cusco Sacred Valley Machu Picchu
- 19 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
- 20 All inclusive hotels near San Pedro de Atacama?
- 21 Is the Seno Otway Penguin Reserve Currently Open?
- 22 Any Sights en Route from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales to TdP?
- 23 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!
- 24 Galapagos tour one week on a boat
- 25 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia
Iguazu falls itinerary options... ...which one makes sense?