I am currently studying abroad in Ecuador, and brought along my cellphone from the United States (Sony Ericsson, T-mobile) to use. The phone is unlocked so it can be used in Ecuador and all that, but I am unsure as to what exactly my cell phone number is here. Do I omit the first 3 digits of my US cell phone number so that I am just left with the last 7 digits, and tack on 593-9 to the beginning of the number? I read that Ecuadorian cell phone numbers have 9 digits in the following format: 9?-???-????, but how does this work with my US number? For example, say my US number was 347-123-4567. If someone in Ecuador is calling me, what is my number?
Thank you in advance!
How to use a US cellphone in Ecuador??
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Lodge in Pantanal
- 2 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 3 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 4 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 5 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 6 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 7 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 8 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 9 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 10 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 11 Cell phone in Brazil
- 12 10 Full Days in Peru
- 13 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 14 10 day itinerary questions
- 15 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 16 Please comment on this 8 week itinerary (Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru)!
- 17 Iguazu Falls for a single woman?
- 18 ATM San Pedro de Atacama
- 19 Santiago 2 days
- 20 Galapogas: Short tour vs long tour
- 21 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 22 Quito Airport Hotels?
- 23 10 day in peru
- 24 Galapogas Islands - when to go?
- 25 Mendoza