I am currently studying abroad in Ecuador, and brought along my cellphone from the United States (Sony Ericsson, T-mobile) to use. The phone is unlocked so it can be used in Ecuador and all that, but I am unsure as to what exactly my cell phone number is here. Do I omit the first 3 digits of my US cell phone number so that I am just left with the last 7 digits, and tack on 593-9 to the beginning of the number? I read that Ecuadorian cell phone numbers have 9 digits in the following format: 9?-???-????, but how does this work with my US number? For example, say my US number was 347-123-4567. If someone in Ecuador is calling me, what is my number?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 2 Machu Picchu in January
- 3 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 4 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 5 Dining in Medellin
- 6 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 7 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 8 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 9 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 10 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 11 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 12 santiago chile area
- 13 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 14 Reflections on our South America trip
- 15 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 16 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 17 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 18 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?
- 19 visit in the area of Campinas,Brazil and weather
- 20 Buying show tickets to Cafe Tortoni
- 21 Iguazu Falls-"Best" Way to Reach/See
- 22 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 23 One week in Cartagena?
- 24 Argentina 3 week Itinerary
- 25 One day in Buenos Aires and Tango Experience