I am currently studying abroad in Ecuador, and brought along my cellphone from the United States (Sony Ericsson, T-mobile) to use. The phone is unlocked so it can be used in Ecuador and all that, but I am unsure as to what exactly my cell phone number is here. Do I omit the first 3 digits of my US cell phone number so that I am just left with the last 7 digits, and tack on 593-9 to the beginning of the number? I read that Ecuadorian cell phone numbers have 9 digits in the following format: 9?-???-????, but how does this work with my US number? For example, say my US number was 347-123-4567. If someone in Ecuador is calling me, what is my number?
Thank you in advance!
How to use a US cellphone in Ecuador??
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 2 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 3 Easter Day in Rio
- 4 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 5 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 6 Satellite phones allowed into Brazil?
- 7 Visiting Machu Picchu in August, need help with planning.
- 8 Wrapping Up the Trip Planning - A Few Final Questions
- 9 Costa Rica during Holy Week - need help
- 10 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 11 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 12 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 13 Three weeks in South America
- 14 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 15 Patagonia tour in April
- 16 5 days in Patgonia... review of itinerary
- 17 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 18 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 19 HIP - BACK problems.....Relief !
- 20 Off the beaten track
- 21 Hosteria Tyndall - Torres del Paine
- 22 Ecuador Trip without Galapagos-10 nights
- 23 LAN flights cancelled this morning, March 11, due to a strike
- 24 Peru: a month travel in February
- 25 Amauta has moved to a different adres?