I am currently studying abroad in Ecuador, and brought along my cellphone from the United States (Sony Ericsson, T-mobile) to use. The phone is unlocked so it can be used in Ecuador and all that, but I am unsure as to what exactly my cell phone number is here. Do I omit the first 3 digits of my US cell phone number so that I am just left with the last 7 digits, and tack on 593-9 to the beginning of the number? I read that Ecuadorian cell phone numbers have 9 digits in the following format: 9?-???-????, but how does this work with my US number? For example, say my US number was 347-123-4567. If someone in Ecuador is calling me, what is my number?
Thank you in advance!
How to use a US cellphone in Ecuador??
- 1 Cusco, Urubamba & Macchu Picchu
- 2 Santiago Airport International Flight Connection Information
- 3 Trip Report: Brazil--the Pantanal
- 4 Trip Report: Argentina and Peru
- 5 Adventure in Brazil : 2011 Trip Report
- 6 Peru & Bolivia (Cusco, Macchu Picchu, Puno, Copacabana, La Paz, Uyuni)
- 7 Recommendations for Amazon tours
- 8 5 months South America
- 9 Argentina El Calafate to Chilean border - Punta arenas
- 10 2nd Brazil Visit - Ideas please
- 11 5 days in South America - Brazil or Argentina? (Sao Paolo and Rio excluded)
- 12 Chile Itinerary without Patagonia
- 13 Galapagos travel plan recommendation
- 14 Hotel Tyndell or Las Torres in Torres del Paine
- 15 Family trip to Lima and MP
- 16 Machu Picchu - Hiking boots or Teva sandals?
- 17 Highly recommended taxi driver in the Sacred Valley of Peru
- 18 Patagonia Itinerary
- 19 Back to South America
- 20 South America in July
- 21 Might Chile's reciprocity fee disappear in 2014?
- 22 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 23 Brazil Help!
- 24 Driving from Bariloche to Chile
- 25 Van rental in Punta Arena, Chile