I am currently studying abroad in Ecuador, and brought along my cellphone from the United States (Sony Ericsson, T-mobile) to use. The phone is unlocked so it can be used in Ecuador and all that, but I am unsure as to what exactly my cell phone number is here. Do I omit the first 3 digits of my US cell phone number so that I am just left with the last 7 digits, and tack on 593-9 to the beginning of the number? I read that Ecuadorian cell phone numbers have 9 digits in the following format: 9?-???-????, but how does this work with my US number? For example, say my US number was 347-123-4567. If someone in Ecuador is calling me, what is my number?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 2 christmas in buenos aires
- 3 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 4 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 5 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 6 Best Latin American countries!
- 7 Peru in Late February?
- 8 Sao Paulo
- 9 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 10 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 11 Salud !
- 12 Cartagena
- 13 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 14 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 15 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 16 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 17 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 18 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 19 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 20 Galapagos Island
- 21 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 22 Puno to Lima
- 23 Solmar Tours in Peru
- 24 opinions on itinerary flow
- 25 If it's Tuesday, this must be...Nicaragua, the Peruvian Amazon, or Colombia