I am currently studying abroad in Ecuador, and brought along my cellphone from the United States (Sony Ericsson, T-mobile) to use. The phone is unlocked so it can be used in Ecuador and all that, but I am unsure as to what exactly my cell phone number is here. Do I omit the first 3 digits of my US cell phone number so that I am just left with the last 7 digits, and tack on 593-9 to the beginning of the number? I read that Ecuadorian cell phone numbers have 9 digits in the following format: 9?-???-????, but how does this work with my US number? For example, say my US number was 347-123-4567. If someone in Ecuador is calling me, what is my number?
Thank you in advance!
How to use a US cellphone in Ecuador??
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Please Help - Santiago, Mendoza & Buenos Aires
- 2 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 3 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 4 Speak to me of Peru
- 5 Back to South America
- 6 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 7 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 8 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 9 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 10 Fire in Valparaiso
- 11 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 12 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 13 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 14 Ecuador - should we go?
- 15 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 16 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 17 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 18 Driving in Ecuador
- 19 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 20 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 21 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 22 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 23 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 24 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 25 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco