I am currently studying abroad in Ecuador, and brought along my cellphone from the United States (Sony Ericsson, T-mobile) to use. The phone is unlocked so it can be used in Ecuador and all that, but I am unsure as to what exactly my cell phone number is here. Do I omit the first 3 digits of my US cell phone number so that I am just left with the last 7 digits, and tack on 593-9 to the beginning of the number? I read that Ecuadorian cell phone numbers have 9 digits in the following format: 9?-???-????, but how does this work with my US number? For example, say my US number was 347-123-4567. If someone in Ecuador is calling me, what is my number?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Is it worth the Brazil visa to see the Falls?
- 2 Backroads or Nat Geo hiking Patagonia
- 3 Rio de Janeiro in March
- 4 Spontaneity in Cusco activities possible?
- 5 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 6 Southward Ho! Adventures in Chile & ARG
- 7 Argentina in October--more questions
- 8 Our new government to promote foreign tourism
- 9 South America this October
- 10 Chile or Argentina?
- 11 11 hours in Lima
- 12 Transportation: Cusco Airport to Ollantaytamba train station
- 13 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 14 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 15 Machu Picchu - any good hiking guide companies?
- 16 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 17 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 18 Antarctica on the Vavilov-How to book?
- 19 Peru in December
- 20 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 21 Tarapoto
- 22 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia
- 23 Buenos Aires/Argentina 10+ Day, Solo Woman Traveler
- 24 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 25 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September