I am currently studying abroad in Ecuador, and brought along my cellphone from the United States (Sony Ericsson, T-mobile) to use. The phone is unlocked so it can be used in Ecuador and all that, but I am unsure as to what exactly my cell phone number is here. Do I omit the first 3 digits of my US cell phone number so that I am just left with the last 7 digits, and tack on 593-9 to the beginning of the number? I read that Ecuadorian cell phone numbers have 9 digits in the following format: 9?-???-????, but how does this work with my US number? For example, say my US number was 347-123-4567. If someone in Ecuador is calling me, what is my number?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip to Amazon where to start
- 2 Valpo, Lakes, Chiloe & Patagonia Time allotment?
- 3 Another Amazing Trip to Patagonia
- 4 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 5 Flying Solo to South America
- 6 Tell me soething about South America travel tips?
- 7 South American destinations for introverts?
- 8 Narrowing Down Itinerary
- 9 Where to start in May?
- 10 Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail
- 11 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 12 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 13 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
- 14 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!
- 15 Cartagens for 3.5 days. Looking for suggestions-islands, food tours, etc..
- 16 Need day trip/guide suggestions from Puerto Ayora, Galapagos
- 17 Peru Final 15-day Itinerary Help Needed
- 18 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 19 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?
- 20 Peru - Puno & Lakes or Amazon
- 21 Did You Visit the Lakes District and/or Chiloe?
- 22 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 23 Argentina and Bolivia/March and April
- 24 Belated trip report (Quito and Mindo)
- 25 Machu Picchu...Doable?