I am currently studying abroad in Ecuador, and brought along my cellphone from the United States (Sony Ericsson, T-mobile) to use. The phone is unlocked so it can be used in Ecuador and all that, but I am unsure as to what exactly my cell phone number is here. Do I omit the first 3 digits of my US cell phone number so that I am just left with the last 7 digits, and tack on 593-9 to the beginning of the number? I read that Ecuadorian cell phone numbers have 9 digits in the following format: 9?-???-????, but how does this work with my US number? For example, say my US number was 347-123-4567. If someone in Ecuador is calling me, what is my number?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 2 Is 8 days too much time in Buenos Aires
- 3 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 4 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 5 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 6 Galapagos Add Ons
- 7 First Time In South America Itinerary
- 8 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 9 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 10 Trip Report Ecuador
- 11 Chile, Ecuadoror Columbia
- 12 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 13 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 14 Day trips from Montevideo
- 15 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 16 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 17 Driving tips and suggestions for Torres del Paine
- 18 Help with 3 Week Itinerary
- 19 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice
- 20 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 21 Ecuador, Places to shop
- 22 Only one day in Quito recommendations.
- 23 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 24 Booking the Grey Glacier Boat Tour
- 25 Volunteering in South America, maybe Peru?