I am currently studying abroad in Ecuador, and brought along my cellphone from the United States (Sony Ericsson, T-mobile) to use. The phone is unlocked so it can be used in Ecuador and all that, but I am unsure as to what exactly my cell phone number is here. Do I omit the first 3 digits of my US cell phone number so that I am just left with the last 7 digits, and tack on 593-9 to the beginning of the number? I read that Ecuadorian cell phone numbers have 9 digits in the following format: 9?-???-????, but how does this work with my US number? For example, say my US number was 347-123-4567. If someone in Ecuador is calling me, what is my number?
Thank you in advance!
How to use a US cellphone in Ecuador??
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Return Flight from Lima to Cuzco
- 2 Argentina (and Chile?): basic itinerary
- 3 Help with Logistics for Machu Picchu, please?
- 4 Ecuador Guide Book
- 5 Driving in Bolivia Near La Paz
- 6 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 7 Money in Buenos Aires
- 8 Best small group walking/hiking tours
- 9 Solo female travelling around South America
- 10 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 11 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 12 Family friendly accommodation Iquitos
- 13 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 14 Buquebus question for AVRooster
- 15 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 16 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 17 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 18 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 19 Quito: Old city or new?
- 20 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 21 Bogota
- 22 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 23 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 24 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 25 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?