I am currently studying abroad in Ecuador, and brought along my cellphone from the United States (Sony Ericsson, T-mobile) to use. The phone is unlocked so it can be used in Ecuador and all that, but I am unsure as to what exactly my cell phone number is here. Do I omit the first 3 digits of my US cell phone number so that I am just left with the last 7 digits, and tack on 593-9 to the beginning of the number? I read that Ecuadorian cell phone numbers have 9 digits in the following format: 9?-???-????, but how does this work with my US number? For example, say my US number was 347-123-4567. If someone in Ecuador is calling me, what is my number?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Kitchen Fitters In Cardiff Area
- 2 Amazon, OIlantaytambo, Colca Canyon, Pacasmay and About
- 3 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 4 El Calafate excursions
- 5 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 6 Ecuador earthquake
- 7 Destination Recommendation (w/ specifics)
- 8 Peru & Ecuador
- 9 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 10 Our 2016 South America Trip
- 11 Peru - Chinchero questions
- 12 Mendoza airport will be closed: Sept- Dec
- 13 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 14 Stray Dogs?
- 15 Salkantay trek
- 16 Iquitos vs Manu Peru Amazon
- 17 Visiting Alagoas or Boipeba
- 18 Need suggestions about 7 days Cusco itinerary
- 19 Enrico Poli Collection
- 20 Request for Galapagos Itinerary Assistance
- 21 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 22 10 Week South America Trip
- 23 Patagonia in September/October
- 24 10 days in Chile
- 25 Travel in Chile- Itinerary advice please