I am currently studying abroad in Ecuador, and brought along my cellphone from the United States (Sony Ericsson, T-mobile) to use. The phone is unlocked so it can be used in Ecuador and all that, but I am unsure as to what exactly my cell phone number is here. Do I omit the first 3 digits of my US cell phone number so that I am just left with the last 7 digits, and tack on 593-9 to the beginning of the number? I read that Ecuadorian cell phone numbers have 9 digits in the following format: 9?-???-????, but how does this work with my US number? For example, say my US number was 347-123-4567. If someone in Ecuador is calling me, what is my number?
Thank you in advance!
How to use a US cellphone in Ecuador??
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 2 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 3 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 4 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 5 2 wks in Colombia
- 6 Dentist in Buenos Aires
- 7 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 8 iguaza falls
- 9 Argentina Holiday Help
- 10 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 11 Buenos Aries
- 12 Tour guide for Machu Picchu
- 13 Travel to Ecuador in pregnancy
- 14 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 15 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 16 cheap flights to paraguay
- 17 Lake Titicaca and Puno - advice on itinerary and altitude sickness?
- 18 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 19 CHILE, please help me in planning our trip.....
- 20 I SURVIVED PERU (subtitle: yes, it's safe for a solo female traveler)
- 21 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 22 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 23 Transport in and around Peru (buses/taxis) - safety
- 24 Getting from Punta Arenas, Chile, to Ushuaia, Argentina
- 25 Peru - best way to handle money? Bring a lot of cash for exchange or ATMs?