I'm planning a trip to South America for 8 weeks in September/October. I haven't been before and I'm trying to get a handle on how much money I will need for spending. I have my accomodation organised for most of the trip but its more how much I will need apart from that.
If anyone can help give me an idea of the following. I will be in Colombia, Peru, Bolivia and Argentina. I appreciate that prices will differ considerably between the major cities and the countryside, but any information will help. The cities I'll be spending most time in will be Bogota, La Paz and Buenos Aires:
Cost to eat in a good restaurant. Not necessarily the best in the city, but somewhere you would recommend and return to irrelevent of where it was in the world.
Cost of a bottle of wine in such a restaurant.
Cost of a beer or mixed drink in an average bar.
Cost of ingredients to cook a good meal for two at home.
Cost of an informal lunch. Nothing fancy, you average cafe etc.
Cost of a coffee in a nice outdoor cafe.
Thanks in advance, and of course any tips for these destinations would be very welcome
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Bicycle Tour explore Islands of the Mekong River
- 2 Where to stay in Bariloche
- 3 WEBJET
- 4 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 5 South adventure Peru tours
- 6 Iguazu and Iguaçu
- 7 2 weeks trip
- 8 Good women's hairgresser in Santiago?
- 9 Itineraries
- 10 Pantanal Lodges
- 11 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 12 Torres Del Paine Hiking - No Refugios
- 13 3 weeks in South America
- 14 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 15 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 16 Ecuador, Panama, or Costa Rica
- 17 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 18 Chile wine tour
- 19 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 20 Aerolineas "Visit Argentina" discounted airline pass
- 21 Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado?
- 22 How to count hotel floors in Ecuador?
- 23 Ceviche in Peru or Ecuador?
- 24 Travel Buddies for the Salar de Uyuni in September 2017
- 25 Help planning trip to Chile (Patagonia and Lakes District) in late October