I'm planning a trip to South America for 8 weeks in September/October. I haven't been before and I'm trying to get a handle on how much money I will need for spending. I have my accomodation organised for most of the trip but its more how much I will need apart from that.
If anyone can help give me an idea of the following. I will be in Colombia, Peru, Bolivia and Argentina. I appreciate that prices will differ considerably between the major cities and the countryside, but any information will help. The cities I'll be spending most time in will be Bogota, La Paz and Buenos Aires:
Cost to eat in a good restaurant. Not necessarily the best in the city, but somewhere you would recommend and return to irrelevent of where it was in the world.
Cost of a bottle of wine in such a restaurant.
Cost of a beer or mixed drink in an average bar.
Cost of ingredients to cook a good meal for two at home.
Cost of an informal lunch. Nothing fancy, you average cafe etc.
Cost of a coffee in a nice outdoor cafe.
Thanks in advance, and of course any tips for these destinations would be very welcome
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Anyone familiar with Sky Airlines?
- 2 How to count hotel floors in Ecuador?
- 3 Bolivian Visa
- 4 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 5 8 days in Ecudor
- 6 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 7 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 8 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 9 Going to Peru with 2 kids (9 and 12yrs)
- 10 Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Amazon Rainforest + more
- 11 Galapagos tour one week on a boat
- 12 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 13 Northeast Brazil
- 14 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 15 Lima, Peru - Travel Report
- 16 Galapagos - Family Wildlife Tours
- 17 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 18 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 19 Going to Machu Pichu with 4 children
- 20 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 21 James Frazer-Mann - Trying to book El Chalten via Plataforma10 ?
- 22 Adventures / full of experince tours in the Ecuadorians
- 23 Lima - driver for hire
- 24 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 25 OK one final question - concerns AEP!