I'm planning a trip to South America for 8 weeks in September/October. I haven't been before and I'm trying to get a handle on how much money I will need for spending. I have my accomodation organised for most of the trip but its more how much I will need apart from that.
If anyone can help give me an idea of the following. I will be in Colombia, Peru, Bolivia and Argentina. I appreciate that prices will differ considerably between the major cities and the countryside, but any information will help. The cities I'll be spending most time in will be Bogota, La Paz and Buenos Aires:
Cost to eat in a good restaurant. Not necessarily the best in the city, but somewhere you would recommend and return to irrelevent of where it was in the world.
Cost of a bottle of wine in such a restaurant.
Cost of a beer or mixed drink in an average bar.
Cost of ingredients to cook a good meal for two at home.
Cost of an informal lunch. Nothing fancy, you average cafe etc.
Cost of a coffee in a nice outdoor cafe.
Thanks in advance, and of course any tips for these destinations would be very welcome
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Chile or Argentina?
- 2 Spontaneity in Cusco activities possible?
- 3 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 4 Antarctica on the Vavilov-How to book?
- 5 Peru in December
- 6 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 7 Tarapoto
- 8 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 9 Transportation: Cusco Airport to Ollantaytamba train station
- 10 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia
- 11 Buenos Aires/Argentina 10+ Day, Solo Woman Traveler
- 12 Machu Picchu - any good hiking guide companies?
- 13 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 14 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 15 Need some help in getting started-first vacation to South America!
- 16 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 17 Packing for Galapagos Cruise - Lessons Learned
- 18 Campinas and Natal help
- 19 Ecuador Haciendas and Weather
- 20 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 21 Uruguay for wildlife
- 22 A month in Argentina--what would you do?
- 23 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 24 45 days in Colombia - Our Experience
- 25 Ecuador safe travel