I'm planning a trip to South America for 8 weeks in September/October. I haven't been before and I'm trying to get a handle on how much money I will need for spending. I have my accomodation organised for most of the trip but its more how much I will need apart from that.
If anyone can help give me an idea of the following. I will be in Colombia, Peru, Bolivia and Argentina. I appreciate that prices will differ considerably between the major cities and the countryside, but any information will help. The cities I'll be spending most time in will be Bogota, La Paz and Buenos Aires:
Cost to eat in a good restaurant. Not necessarily the best in the city, but somewhere you would recommend and return to irrelevent of where it was in the world.
Cost of a bottle of wine in such a restaurant.
Cost of a beer or mixed drink in an average bar.
Cost of ingredients to cook a good meal for two at home.
Cost of an informal lunch. Nothing fancy, you average cafe etc.
Cost of a coffee in a nice outdoor cafe.
Thanks in advance, and of course any tips for these destinations would be very welcome
How much money will i need for my trip to South America?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip Report
- 2 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 3 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 4 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 5 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 6 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 7 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 8 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 9 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 10 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 11 1st South American adventure
- 12 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 13 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 14 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 15 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 16 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 17 For Neoptropical Birders
- 18 Columbia Questions
- 19 Posadas-Paraguay-Brazil-Iguassu: Please, Help Find the Tour Operator
- 20 hotels in Buenos Aires
- 21 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 22 Ecuador Rain Forest with Pre-teens
- 23 Any suggestions for restaurants in Manaus?
- 24 Help with One Week, Christmas, Buenos Aires, solo female traveler
- 25 flights and hotels