I'm planning a trip to South America for 8 weeks in September/October. I haven't been before and I'm trying to get a handle on how much money I will need for spending. I have my accomodation organised for most of the trip but its more how much I will need apart from that.
If anyone can help give me an idea of the following. I will be in Colombia, Peru, Bolivia and Argentina. I appreciate that prices will differ considerably between the major cities and the countryside, but any information will help. The cities I'll be spending most time in will be Bogota, La Paz and Buenos Aires:
Cost to eat in a good restaurant. Not necessarily the best in the city, but somewhere you would recommend and return to irrelevent of where it was in the world.
Cost of a bottle of wine in such a restaurant.
Cost of a beer or mixed drink in an average bar.
Cost of ingredients to cook a good meal for two at home.
Cost of an informal lunch. Nothing fancy, you average cafe etc.
Cost of a coffee in a nice outdoor cafe.
Thanks in advance, and of course any tips for these destinations would be very welcome
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 2 Exciting Times in Colombia
- 3 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 4 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 5 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 6 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 7 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 8 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 9 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 10 Sixty days in Colombia
- 11 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 12 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 13 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 14 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 15 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 16 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 17 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 18 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 19 Booking sites - HELP! Don't want to be scammed
- 20 summer olympics in Rio
- 21 2 Weeks in Rio in Nov End
- 22 Trip ideas for 2 weeks in South America??
- 23 Tahuayo Lodge, Amazon
- 24 Most Efficient Travel from Peru to Chile?
- 25 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?