I'm planning a trip to South America for 8 weeks in September/October. I haven't been before and I'm trying to get a handle on how much money I will need for spending. I have my accomodation organised for most of the trip but its more how much I will need apart from that.
If anyone can help give me an idea of the following. I will be in Colombia, Peru, Bolivia and Argentina. I appreciate that prices will differ considerably between the major cities and the countryside, but any information will help. The cities I'll be spending most time in will be Bogota, La Paz and Buenos Aires:
Cost to eat in a good restaurant. Not necessarily the best in the city, but somewhere you would recommend and return to irrelevent of where it was in the world.
Cost of a bottle of wine in such a restaurant.
Cost of a beer or mixed drink in an average bar.
Cost of ingredients to cook a good meal for two at home.
Cost of an informal lunch. Nothing fancy, you average cafe etc.
Cost of a coffee in a nice outdoor cafe.
Thanks in advance, and of course any tips for these destinations would be very welcome
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 International transfer Buenos Aires AEP
- 2 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 3 Steer Clear of "Amazon Rambo"
- 4 Peru 18 day itinerary help please!
- 5 Panama, Ecuador and Colombia trip report
- 6 Peru/Amazon/ Machy Picchu Family Vacation
- 7 galapagos island
- 8 Peru's Amazon and the Heat - Iquitos Ceiba Tops Lodge vs. Puerto Maldonado
- 9 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 10 Thinking of OAT trip to Machu Picchu, Galapagos and Amazon Rain Forest
- 11 christmas in buenos aires
- 12 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 13 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 14 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 15 Best Latin American countries!
- 16 Peru in Late February?
- 17 Sao Paulo
- 18 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 19 Salud !
- 20 Cartagena
- 21 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 22 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 23 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 24 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 25 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento