I'm planning a trip to South America for 8 weeks in September/October. I haven't been before and I'm trying to get a handle on how much money I will need for spending. I have my accomodation organised for most of the trip but its more how much I will need apart from that.
If anyone can help give me an idea of the following. I will be in Colombia, Peru, Bolivia and Argentina. I appreciate that prices will differ considerably between the major cities and the countryside, but any information will help. The cities I'll be spending most time in will be Bogota, La Paz and Buenos Aires:
Cost to eat in a good restaurant. Not necessarily the best in the city, but somewhere you would recommend and return to irrelevent of where it was in the world.
Cost of a bottle of wine in such a restaurant.
Cost of a beer or mixed drink in an average bar.
Cost of ingredients to cook a good meal for two at home.
Cost of an informal lunch. Nothing fancy, you average cafe etc.
Cost of a coffee in a nice outdoor cafe.
Thanks in advance, and of course any tips for these destinations would be very welcome
How much money will i need for my trip to South America?
- 1 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 2 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 3 8 Days in Brazil
- 4 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 5 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 6 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 7 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 8 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 9 Peru Hop?
- 10 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 11 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 12 Uruguay Re-Do
- 13 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 14 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 15 More suggested reading
- 16 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 17 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 18 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 19 Bariloche over XMas
- 20 Quark Expeditions 50% off sale - Antarctica 2014
- 21 Traveling with a Computer?
- 22 Christmas Day in Buenos Aires
- 23 Two Weeks Ecuador - Itinerary Help!
- 24 18 Day Argentina Itinerary
- 25 Rent a car and travel through Patagonia? Join us!