I'm planning a trip to South America for 8 weeks in September/October. I haven't been before and I'm trying to get a handle on how much money I will need for spending. I have my accomodation organised for most of the trip but its more how much I will need apart from that.
If anyone can help give me an idea of the following. I will be in Colombia, Peru, Bolivia and Argentina. I appreciate that prices will differ considerably between the major cities and the countryside, but any information will help. The cities I'll be spending most time in will be Bogota, La Paz and Buenos Aires:
Cost to eat in a good restaurant. Not necessarily the best in the city, but somewhere you would recommend and return to irrelevent of where it was in the world.
Cost of a bottle of wine in such a restaurant.
Cost of a beer or mixed drink in an average bar.
Cost of ingredients to cook a good meal for two at home.
Cost of an informal lunch. Nothing fancy, you average cafe etc.
Cost of a coffee in a nice outdoor cafe.
Thanks in advance, and of course any tips for these destinations would be very welcome
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cajamarca
- 2 Amazon and the Inca Trail
- 3 http://rxtestosteronesite.com/muscle-xtx-reviews/
- 4 South America 2 Months Itinery
- 5 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 6 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 7 5 day Galapagos cruise in Nov
- 8 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 9 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 10 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 11 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 12 Sixty days in Colombia
- 13 Machu Picchu - NatGeo vs. OAT
- 14 Taking the Bus Santiago Airport to Valpo
- 15 MP and Torres del Paine on same trip?
- 16 Steak house rec in Buenos Aires near Recoleta
- 17 Choquequirao Questions
- 18 12 Day Peru Itinerary Help
- 19 Shopping for sweaters - Quito or Otavalo?
- 20 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 21 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 22 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 23 Patagonia - Equipment
- 24 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 25 Chile or Argentina?