We will be in the Torres del Paine area for three days at the beginning of December. We plan to rent a car and drive there from Punta Arenas via Puerto Natales. I am not sure which is the best location for us to stay at for the three days. One of the obvious things we want to do is the hike to the Towers. My concern is that if we stay at the Tyndell, which would be more cost efficient especially since we could rent a cabin and make our own meals, that we would be too far away to get to the start of the hike in time to complete it. I believe that we couldn't even enter the park until 0830. Las Torres looks nice and it is a good location but the cost is obviously a lot more and if we didn't do the all inclusive option I can only imagine how much meals would cost us. Can anyone advise how long it would take us to get to the start of the hike from Tyndell in driving time? And offer advice on which is the better option? Thank you in advance
Hotel Tyndell or Las Torres in Torres del Paine
View all South America activity »
- 1 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 2 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 3 8 Days in Brazil
- 4 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 5 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 6 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 7 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 8 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 9 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 10 Peru Hop?
- 11 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 12 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 13 Uruguay Re-Do
- 14 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 15 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 16 More suggested reading
- 17 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 18 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 19 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 20 Bariloche over XMas
- 21 Quark Expeditions 50% off sale - Antarctica 2014
- 22 Traveling with a Computer?
- 23 Christmas Day in Buenos Aires
- 24 Two Weeks Ecuador - Itinerary Help!
- 25 18 Day Argentina Itinerary