We will be in the Torres del Paine area for three days at the beginning of December. We plan to rent a car and drive there from Punta Arenas via Puerto Natales. I am not sure which is the best location for us to stay at for the three days. One of the obvious things we want to do is the hike to the Towers. My concern is that if we stay at the Tyndell, which would be more cost efficient especially since we could rent a cabin and make our own meals, that we would be too far away to get to the start of the hike in time to complete it. I believe that we couldn't even enter the park until 0830. Las Torres looks nice and it is a good location but the cost is obviously a lot more and if we didn't do the all inclusive option I can only imagine how much meals would cost us. Can anyone advise how long it would take us to get to the start of the hike from Tyndell in driving time? And offer advice on which is the better option? Thank you in advance
Hotel Tyndell or Las Torres in Torres del Paine
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Back to South America
- 2 Amazon from the Andes?
- 3 Please Help - Santiago, Mendoza & Buenos Aires
- 4 Bogotá Restaurants
- 5 Speak to me of Peru
- 6 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 7 Inhotim in one day? please???
- 8 What time to arrive at Machu Picchu?
- 9 Salta vs. Santiago
- 10 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 11 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 12 Brazil visa for Iguazu + fees for Argentina & Chile
- 13 Exito Travel ? reliable travel agencies?
- 14 Somewhere hot!!!!!!
- 15 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 16 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 17 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 18 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 19 Fire in Valparaiso
- 20 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 21 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 22 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 23 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 24 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 25 Driving in Ecuador