We will be in the Torres del Paine area for three days at the beginning of December. We plan to rent a car and drive there from Punta Arenas via Puerto Natales. I am not sure which is the best location for us to stay at for the three days. One of the obvious things we want to do is the hike to the Towers. My concern is that if we stay at the Tyndell, which would be more cost efficient especially since we could rent a cabin and make our own meals, that we would be too far away to get to the start of the hike in time to complete it. I believe that we couldn't even enter the park until 0830. Las Torres looks nice and it is a good location but the cost is obviously a lot more and if we didn't do the all inclusive option I can only imagine how much meals would cost us. Can anyone advise how long it would take us to get to the start of the hike from Tyndell in driving time? And offer advice on which is the better option? Thank you in advance
Hotel Tyndell or Las Torres in Torres del Paine
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 2 Christmas in Cusco
- 3 transportation in Brazil
- 4 Advice, recommendations and guidance
- 5 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 6 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 7 Patagonia Chile
- 8 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 9 Cartagena: enough for 4-6 days?
- 10 Easter Island flight delays?
- 11 argentina & brazil
- 12 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 13 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 14 Beware of G Adventures Galapagos tour guides!
- 15 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 16 Brazilian music
- 17 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 18 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 19 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 20 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 21 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 22 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 23 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 24 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 25 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?