We will be in the Torres del Paine area for three days at the beginning of December. We plan to rent a car and drive there from Punta Arenas via Puerto Natales. I am not sure which is the best location for us to stay at for the three days. One of the obvious things we want to do is the hike to the Towers. My concern is that if we stay at the Tyndell, which would be more cost efficient especially since we could rent a cabin and make our own meals, that we would be too far away to get to the start of the hike in time to complete it. I believe that we couldn't even enter the park until 0830. Las Torres looks nice and it is a good location but the cost is obviously a lot more and if we didn't do the all inclusive option I can only imagine how much meals would cost us. Can anyone advise how long it would take us to get to the start of the hike from Tyndell in driving time? And offer advice on which is the better option? Thank you in advance
Hotel Tyndell or Las Torres in Torres del Paine
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Birding in Mindo
- 2 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 3 Rio Advice for 2 Young Women
- 4 Buying a SIM card in Chile for I phone 5
- 5 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 6 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 7 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 8 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 9 Peru Escorted Travel
- 10 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 11 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 12 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 13 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 14 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 15 Quito trip review with Gate 1 Travel
- 16 2 weeks in Argentina
- 17 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 18 Back to South America
- 19 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 20 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 21 JW Marriott Lima
- 22 Trip Report - Very Long
- 23 Quito recommendations
- 24 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 25 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?