We will be in the Torres del Paine area for three days at the beginning of December. We plan to rent a car and drive there from Punta Arenas via Puerto Natales. I am not sure which is the best location for us to stay at for the three days. One of the obvious things we want to do is the hike to the Towers. My concern is that if we stay at the Tyndell, which would be more cost efficient especially since we could rent a cabin and make our own meals, that we would be too far away to get to the start of the hike in time to complete it. I believe that we couldn't even enter the park until 0830. Las Torres looks nice and it is a good location but the cost is obviously a lot more and if we didn't do the all inclusive option I can only imagine how much meals would cost us. Can anyone advise how long it would take us to get to the start of the hike from Tyndell in driving time? And offer advice on which is the better option? Thank you in advance
Hotel Tyndell or Las Torres in Torres del Paine
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 2 Please Help - Santiago, Mendoza & Buenos Aires
- 3 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 4 Speak to me of Peru
- 5 Back to South America
- 6 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 7 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 8 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 9 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 10 Fire in Valparaiso
- 11 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 12 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 13 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 14 Ecuador - should we go?
- 15 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 16 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 17 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 18 Driving in Ecuador
- 19 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 20 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 21 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 22 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 23 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 24 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 25 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco