considering a relatively short trip late much to argentina: oldest daughter teaches school in nyc has one week vacation; would probably leave on the thursday night before and return possibly following saturday/sunday. Maybe other duaghter can go also. Reading between the lines it seems microcenter and the area around plaza mayor not the safest area to wander around in evening. My wife and I are 'young' senior citizens. From my reading-soho palermo the place to be-around plaza serrano. Possibly closer to subway stations-hence BoBo hotel -if booked; then what else? Suggestions for other places. If near subway (is it safe at night-evenings?), better mobility. Also would go to Iguazu. Was thinking of Salta-but my wife is from Peru and it is similiar; thinking of barolche-but too much and maybe a little cool for my wife--wants nice weather. Thinking of an estancia near BA for daytrip or Colonia plus estancia? Peoples suggestion re hotels and itinararies appreciated. From family members are not happy with old hotels, smallish rooms (but this could be acceptable if newish-refurnished). Would love to stroll around safely at night without worries, etc
hotel in which neighborhood in buenos aires
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 2 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 3 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 4 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 5 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 6 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 7 2 wks in Colombia
- 8 Dentist in Buenos Aires
- 9 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 10 iguaza falls
- 11 Argentina Holiday Help
- 12 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 13 Buenos Aries
- 14 Tour guide for Machu Picchu
- 15 Travel to Ecuador in pregnancy
- 16 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 17 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 18 cheap flights to paraguay
- 19 Lake Titicaca and Puno - advice on itinerary and altitude sickness?
- 20 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 21 CHILE, please help me in planning our trip.....
- 22 I SURVIVED PERU (subtitle: yes, it's safe for a solo female traveler)
- 23 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 24 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 25 Transport in and around Peru (buses/taxis) - safety