I will be in Colombia for 5 weeks starting in July. Can someone recommend good hiking tours or other ways to explore beautiful nature?
My number one concern is SAFETY. I am a woman traveling alone (though I plan to hook up with groups and/or guides for hiking tours), and I have heard it is "unsafe" in mountain areas or on trekking routes as guerilla groups (FARC, Bacrim, etc.) could cause problems in certain areas.
Could anyone comment on this?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Buy Data-based Registered High Quality Real Documents.
- 2 Laundry Options in Peru
- 3 Back "home" in Barranco
- 4 Amazon, OIlantaytambo, Colca Canyon, Pacasmay and About
- 5 Where to Spend 10 Days in June/July! Central v. South America
- 6 Home exchange to Brazil: cultural differences.
- 7 house/apartment rental
- 8 Renting house in Bariloche
- 9 Destination Recommendation (w/ specifics)
- 10 Uruguay for wildlife
- 11 Elevation acclimatization, transportation, and lodging help!?
- 12 Car and Driver in Rio De Janeiro
- 13 Wha to expect from Cartagena, Colombia.
- 14 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 15 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 16 El Calafate excursions
- 17 Ecuador earthquake
- 18 Peru & Ecuador
- 19 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 20 Our 2016 South America Trip
- 21 Peru - Chinchero questions
- 22 Mendoza airport will be closed: Sept- Dec
- 23 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 24 Stray Dogs?
- 25 Salkantay trek