I will be in Colombia for 5 weeks starting in July. Can someone recommend good hiking tours or other ways to explore beautiful nature?
My number one concern is SAFETY. I am a woman traveling alone (though I plan to hook up with groups and/or guides for hiking tours), and I have heard it is "unsafe" in mountain areas or on trekking routes as guerilla groups (FARC, Bacrim, etc.) could cause problems in certain areas.
Could anyone comment on this?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Bogota
- 2 Peru to Salar de Uyuni
- 3 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 4 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 5 Travel Agent Recommendation for Patagonia
- 6 Travel in Brazil or visit Machu Picchu?
- 7 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 8 Trip Report - Peru - Long
- 9 Pantanal tour prices
- 10 Safety in Rio?
- 11 Tours to Machu Picchu
- 12 New to traveling, and I need help.
- 13 Argentina Trip report
- 14 My Lima Layover
- 15 Strike Peru May 27-28 - urgent decision
- 16 Not your usual Lima Layover Trip Report
- 17 Areas to stay in Rio de Janiero and Buenos Aires
- 18 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 19 Planning Trip to Patagonia and Wine Country
- 20 Do you need passes to see machu picch?
- 21 It's Restaurant Week in Lima til 24 May
- 22 Hostels in Rio de Janeiro
- 23 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 24 Itinerary Advice..+/- days advice
- 25 recommended hostels in lima and cuzco