I will be in Colombia for 5 weeks starting in July. Can someone recommend good hiking tours or other ways to explore beautiful nature?
My number one concern is SAFETY. I am a woman traveling alone (though I plan to hook up with groups and/or guides for hiking tours), and I have heard it is "unsafe" in mountain areas or on trekking routes as guerilla groups (FARC, Bacrim, etc.) could cause problems in certain areas.
Could anyone comment on this?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Thinking of OAT trip to Machu Picchu, Galapagos and Amazon Rain Forest
- 2 Best Latin American countries!
- 3 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 4 christmas in buenos aires
- 5 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 6 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 7 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 8 Peru in Late February?
- 9 Sao Paulo
- 10 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 11 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 12 Salud !
- 13 Cartagena
- 14 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 15 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 16 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 17 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 18 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 19 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 20 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 21 Galapagos Island
- 22 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 23 Puno to Lima
- 24 Solmar Tours in Peru
- 25 opinions on itinerary flow