I will be in Colombia for 5 weeks starting in July. Can someone recommend good hiking tours or other ways to explore beautiful nature?
My number one concern is SAFETY. I am a woman traveling alone (though I plan to hook up with groups and/or guides for hiking tours), and I have heard it is "unsafe" in mountain areas or on trekking routes as guerilla groups (FARC, Bacrim, etc.) could cause problems in certain areas.
Could anyone comment on this?
Hiking in Colombia
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 2 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 3 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 4 Easter Day in Rio
- 5 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 6 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 7 Satellite phones allowed into Brazil?
- 8 Visiting Machu Picchu in August, need help with planning.
- 9 Wrapping Up the Trip Planning - A Few Final Questions
- 10 Costa Rica during Holy Week - need help
- 11 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 12 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 13 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 14 Three weeks in South America
- 15 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 16 Patagonia tour in April
- 17 5 days in Patgonia... review of itinerary
- 18 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 19 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 20 HIP - BACK problems.....Relief !
- 21 Off the beaten track
- 22 Hosteria Tyndall - Torres del Paine
- 23 Ecuador Trip without Galapagos-10 nights
- 24 LAN flights cancelled this morning, March 11, due to a strike
- 25 Peru: a month travel in February