I will be in Colombia for 5 weeks starting in July. Can someone recommend good hiking tours or other ways to explore beautiful nature?
My number one concern is SAFETY. I am a woman traveling alone (though I plan to hook up with groups and/or guides for hiking tours), and I have heard it is "unsafe" in mountain areas or on trekking routes as guerilla groups (FARC, Bacrim, etc.) could cause problems in certain areas.
Could anyone comment on this?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 2 Leftover Argentine Pesos - where to sell?
- 3 Van from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- 4 June travel in the Galapagos, Andean Ecuador, and Machu Picchu
- 5 Uyuni Salar Tour Company
- 6 Trip Evacuation Insurance for the Galapagos
- 7 Travelers insurance in Patagonia - need it?
- 8 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 9 60 day Trip to South America
- 10 3 week itinerary for Peru
- 11 Cities near santiago chile?
- 12 Ups and downs of our trip to Peru--from Machu Picchu to LIM airport floor
- 13 Buenos Aires
- 14 Best beach town for Jan- Feb trip
- 15 Buenos Aires with bad knee
- 16 Hotels in Argentina
- 17 Two day stay in Lima
- 18 Patagonia August 29 - September 7
- 19 I Didn't Get Killed in Rio: Our Travels in Peru, Brazil, and Ecuador
- 20 Help! No Idea Where to Go.
- 21 Need itinerary advice for one month trip
- 22 Cusco Airport to Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza hotel
- 23 Peru itinerary
- 24 Questions On Packing For Patagonia
- 25 Need Help in Planning JuneItinerary for South Ameirca