I will be in Colombia for 5 weeks starting in July. Can someone recommend good hiking tours or other ways to explore beautiful nature?
My number one concern is SAFETY. I am a woman traveling alone (though I plan to hook up with groups and/or guides for hiking tours), and I have heard it is "unsafe" in mountain areas or on trekking routes as guerilla groups (FARC, Bacrim, etc.) could cause problems in certain areas.
Could anyone comment on this?
Hiking in Colombia
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 2 Ipad Hackers in Peru?
- 3 Peru in December
- 4 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 5 Trip Report - Very Long
- 6 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 7 Wet suits in Galapagos
- 8 Heart of the Inca
- 9 Connection in Lima, practical for 3 hours?
- 10 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 11 Senior Citizen's wonderful trip to Sacred Valley thanks to Great Tour Guide
- 12 Tupiza to Tilcara
- 13 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 14 8 Days in Peru
- 15 Hostels in Oruro during Carnaval?
- 16 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 17 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 18 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 19 Transportation in Ecuador
- 20 NW of Argentina
- 21 adventure tour on the Amazon
- 22 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 23 Ten days in Ecuador
- 24 amazon jungle trips
- 25 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest