i'm heading to Argentina from late October December 1st and wanted to spend my first two weeks trekking/hiking in the Patagonia -
last year i did the Annapurna base camp circuit in Nepal over 8 days (6-7 hours of walking a day) and wanted to up the ante this time around so have given myself 14 days, can you recommend high intensity treks/hikes that i could do consecutively over the 14 days?
I'd be keen to do the Torres del Paine W circuit but don't really know much else to do apart from this. i read you can complete this circuit over 5 days? which leaves me with 9 days spare. where could i go close to TDP?
Stunning scenery is a high priority as well.. but for any hiker/trekker i suppose that is a given
also i'd be keen to do this as cheaply as possible and so guided tours would preferably be avoided. I'd like to be able to walk independently like the ABC trail can be done if possible.
(I'll be taking film photographs and 16mm video footage of landscapes in the Patagonia and will be due in BsAs to complete an artist Residency program until the 1st of December)
thanks very much for your help
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Good women's hairgresser in Santiago?
- 2 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 3 Itineraries
- 4 2 weeks trip
- 5 Pantanal Lodges
- 6 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 7 Torres Del Paine Hiking - No Refugios
- 8 Iguazu and Iguaçu
- 9 3 weeks in South America
- 10 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 11 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 12 Ecuador, Panama, or Costa Rica
- 13 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 14 Chile wine tour
- 15 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 16 Aerolineas "Visit Argentina" discounted airline pass
- 17 Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado?
- 18 How to count hotel floors in Ecuador?
- 19 Ceviche in Peru or Ecuador?
- 20 Travel Buddies for the Salar de Uyuni in September 2017
- 21 Help planning trip to Chile (Patagonia and Lakes District) in late October
- 22 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 23 My June '14 Peru Trip
- 24 Proposed Argentina trip for Feb '18 - looking for advice?
- 25 Cusco area and Machu Picchu guide
Help with 'visit argentina' pass & travel throughout patagonia