i'm heading to Argentina from late October December 1st and wanted to spend my first two weeks trekking/hiking in the Patagonia -
last year i did the Annapurna base camp circuit in Nepal over 8 days (6-7 hours of walking a day) and wanted to up the ante this time around so have given myself 14 days, can you recommend high intensity treks/hikes that i could do consecutively over the 14 days?
I'd be keen to do the Torres del Paine W circuit but don't really know much else to do apart from this. i read you can complete this circuit over 5 days? which leaves me with 9 days spare. where could i go close to TDP?
Stunning scenery is a high priority as well.. but for any hiker/trekker i suppose that is a given
also i'd be keen to do this as cheaply as possible and so guided tours would preferably be avoided. I'd like to be able to walk independently like the ABC trail can be done if possible.
(I'll be taking film photographs and 16mm video footage of landscapes in the Patagonia and will be due in BsAs to complete an artist Residency program until the 1st of December)
thanks very much for your help
Help with 'visit argentina' pass & travel throughout patagonia
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Brazilian music
- 2 Christmas in Cusco
- 3 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 4 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 5 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 6 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 7 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 8 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 9 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 10 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 11 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 12 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 13 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 14 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 15 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 16 Private sightseeing
- 17 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 18 Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York
- 19 Honeymoon 9 Days in South America
- 20 argentina & brazil
- 21 Argentina-country's financial woes impact a trip?
- 22 private sightseeing
- 23 private tour options
- 24 Currency Woes
- 25 Trek/Tour companies recommendations