i'm heading to Argentina from late October December 1st and wanted to spend my first two weeks trekking/hiking in the Patagonia -
last year i did the Annapurna base camp circuit in Nepal over 8 days (6-7 hours of walking a day) and wanted to up the ante this time around so have given myself 14 days, can you recommend high intensity treks/hikes that i could do consecutively over the 14 days?
I'd be keen to do the Torres del Paine W circuit but don't really know much else to do apart from this. i read you can complete this circuit over 5 days? which leaves me with 9 days spare. where could i go close to TDP?
Stunning scenery is a high priority as well.. but for any hiker/trekker i suppose that is a given
also i'd be keen to do this as cheaply as possible and so guided tours would preferably be avoided. I'd like to be able to walk independently like the ABC trail can be done if possible.
(I'll be taking film photographs and 16mm video footage of landscapes in the Patagonia and will be due in BsAs to complete an artist Residency program until the 1st of December)
thanks very much for your help
Help with 'visit argentina' pass & travel throughout patagonia
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Pet friendly housing in Cusco, Peru
- 2 Hotel Suggestions Buenos Aires La Recoleta
- 3 Air Conditioning in Valparaiso?
- 4 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 5 Cruise stop over in Lima
- 6 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 7 Santiago and Puerto Montt in a week
- 8 Pantanal on your own
- 9 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 10 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 11 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 12 Ecuador - should we go?
- 13 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 14 Santiago 2 days
- 15 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 16 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 17 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 18 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 19 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 20 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 21 Lodge in Pantanal
- 22 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 23 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 24 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 25 Patagonia...You took our breath away