i'm heading to Argentina from late October December 1st and wanted to spend my first two weeks trekking/hiking in the Patagonia -
last year i did the Annapurna base camp circuit in Nepal over 8 days (6-7 hours of walking a day) and wanted to up the ante this time around so have given myself 14 days, can you recommend high intensity treks/hikes that i could do consecutively over the 14 days?
I'd be keen to do the Torres del Paine W circuit but don't really know much else to do apart from this. i read you can complete this circuit over 5 days? which leaves me with 9 days spare. where could i go close to TDP?
Stunning scenery is a high priority as well.. but for any hiker/trekker i suppose that is a given
also i'd be keen to do this as cheaply as possible and so guided tours would preferably be avoided. I'd like to be able to walk independently like the ABC trail can be done if possible.
(I'll be taking film photographs and 16mm video footage of landscapes in the Patagonia and will be due in BsAs to complete an artist Residency program until the 1st of December)
thanks very much for your help
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 AOL@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Cusco to La Paz Priorities: Puno VS Copacabana VS La Paz VS Coroico
- 3 Brazilian Visa Documents - Help!
- 4 Huacachina, Peru
- 5 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 6 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 7 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 8 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 9 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 10 Pantanal Lodges
- 11 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 12 Manaus
- 13 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 14 Renting a car in Patagonia
- 15 Avianca business class
- 16 Suenos Aires, Argentina vs Lisbon, Portugal
- 17 No exit stamp from Brazil, no entry stamp in Paraguay, help!!
- 18 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 19 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 20 Can a Europhile Find Happiness in Argentina and Chile?
- 21 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 22 How many days in Medellin area?
- 23 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 24 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 25 Argentinian Honeymoon
Help with 'visit argentina' pass & travel throughout patagonia