i'm heading to Argentina from late October December 1st and wanted to spend my first two weeks trekking/hiking in the Patagonia -
last year i did the Annapurna base camp circuit in Nepal over 8 days (6-7 hours of walking a day) and wanted to up the ante this time around so have given myself 14 days, can you recommend high intensity treks/hikes that i could do consecutively over the 14 days?
I'd be keen to do the Torres del Paine W circuit but don't really know much else to do apart from this. i read you can complete this circuit over 5 days? which leaves me with 9 days spare. where could i go close to TDP?
Stunning scenery is a high priority as well.. but for any hiker/trekker i suppose that is a given
also i'd be keen to do this as cheaply as possible and so guided tours would preferably be avoided. I'd like to be able to walk independently like the ABC trail can be done if possible.
(I'll be taking film photographs and 16mm video footage of landscapes in the Patagonia and will be due in BsAs to complete an artist Residency program until the 1st of December)
thanks very much for your help
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Machu Picchu in January
- 2 I Didn't Get Killed in Rio: Our Travels in Peru, Brazil, and Ecuador
- 3 Two day stay in Lima
- 4 Best beach town for Jan- Feb trip
- 5 Cities near santiago chile?
- 6 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 7 Leftover Argentine Pesos - where to sell?
- 8 Van from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- 9 June travel in the Galapagos, Andean Ecuador, and Machu Picchu
- 10 Uyuni Salar Tour Company
- 11 Trip Evacuation Insurance for the Galapagos
- 12 Travelers insurance in Patagonia - need it?
- 13 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 14 60 day Trip to South America
- 15 3 week itinerary for Peru
- 16 Ups and downs of our trip to Peru--from Machu Picchu to LIM airport floor
- 17 Buenos Aires
- 18 Buenos Aires with bad knee
- 19 Hotels in Argentina
- 20 Patagonia August 29 - September 7
- 21 Help! No Idea Where to Go.
- 22 Need itinerary advice for one month trip
- 23 Cusco Airport to Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza hotel
- 24 Peru itinerary
- 25 Questions On Packing For Patagonia
Help with 'visit argentina' pass & travel throughout patagonia