i'm heading to Argentina from late October December 1st and wanted to spend my first two weeks trekking/hiking in the Patagonia -
last year i did the Annapurna base camp circuit in Nepal over 8 days (6-7 hours of walking a day) and wanted to up the ante this time around so have given myself 14 days, can you recommend high intensity treks/hikes that i could do consecutively over the 14 days?
I'd be keen to do the Torres del Paine W circuit but don't really know much else to do apart from this. i read you can complete this circuit over 5 days? which leaves me with 9 days spare. where could i go close to TDP?
Stunning scenery is a high priority as well.. but for any hiker/trekker i suppose that is a given
also i'd be keen to do this as cheaply as possible and so guided tours would preferably be avoided. I'd like to be able to walk independently like the ABC trail can be done if possible.
(I'll be taking film photographs and 16mm video footage of landscapes in the Patagonia and will be due in BsAs to complete an artist Residency program until the 1st of December)
thanks very much for your help
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip Report - Peru - Long
- 2 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 3 New to traveling, and I need help.
- 4 Argentina Trip report
- 5 Pantanal tour prices
- 6 My Lima Layover
- 7 Strike Peru May 27-28 - urgent decision
- 8 Safety in Rio?
- 9 Not your usual Lima Layover Trip Report
- 10 Areas to stay in Rio de Janiero and Buenos Aires
- 11 Travel Agent Recommendation for Patagonia
- 12 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 13 Planning Trip to Patagonia and Wine Country
- 14 Do you need passes to see machu picch?
- 15 Travel in Brazil or visit Machu Picchu?
- 16 It's Restaurant Week in Lima til 24 May
- 17 Hostels in Rio de Janeiro
- 18 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 19 Itinerary Advice..+/- days advice
- 20 recommended hostels in lima and cuzco
- 21 tours and tips
- 22 Transportation from Santiago airport to Valparaiso or Vina del Mar
- 23 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 24 Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro
- 25 Water in Peru
Help with 'visit argentina' pass & travel throughout patagonia