i'm heading to Argentina from late October December 1st and wanted to spend my first two weeks trekking/hiking in the Patagonia -
last year i did the Annapurna base camp circuit in Nepal over 8 days (6-7 hours of walking a day) and wanted to up the ante this time around so have given myself 14 days, can you recommend high intensity treks/hikes that i could do consecutively over the 14 days?
I'd be keen to do the Torres del Paine W circuit but don't really know much else to do apart from this. i read you can complete this circuit over 5 days? which leaves me with 9 days spare. where could i go close to TDP?
Stunning scenery is a high priority as well.. but for any hiker/trekker i suppose that is a given
also i'd be keen to do this as cheaply as possible and so guided tours would preferably be avoided. I'd like to be able to walk independently like the ABC trail can be done if possible.
(I'll be taking film photographs and 16mm video footage of landscapes in the Patagonia and will be due in BsAs to complete an artist Residency program until the 1st of December)
thanks very much for your help
Help with 'visit argentina' pass & travel throughout patagonia
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 2 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 3 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 4 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 5 Our Founder at Susie Abney Foundation
- 6 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 7 JW Marriott Lima
- 8 Trip Report - Very Long
- 9 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 10 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 11 Quito recommendations
- 12 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 13 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 14 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 15 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 16 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 17 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 18 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 19 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 20 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 21 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 22 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 23 Ecuador-tour guides
- 24 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 25 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons