i'm heading to Argentina from late October December 1st and wanted to spend my first two weeks trekking/hiking in the Patagonia -
last year i did the Annapurna base camp circuit in Nepal over 8 days (6-7 hours of walking a day) and wanted to up the ante this time around so have given myself 14 days, can you recommend high intensity treks/hikes that i could do consecutively over the 14 days?
I'd be keen to do the Torres del Paine W circuit but don't really know much else to do apart from this. i read you can complete this circuit over 5 days? which leaves me with 9 days spare. where could i go close to TDP?
Stunning scenery is a high priority as well.. but for any hiker/trekker i suppose that is a given
also i'd be keen to do this as cheaply as possible and so guided tours would preferably be avoided. I'd like to be able to walk independently like the ABC trail can be done if possible.
(I'll be taking film photographs and 16mm video footage of landscapes in the Patagonia and will be due in BsAs to complete an artist Residency program until the 1st of December)
thanks very much for your help
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Huaraz to Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura
- 2 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 3 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 4 2 weeks in Peru/Chile
- 5 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 6 Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela
- 7 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 8 Santiago, Chile
- 9 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 10 limited time in Cusco
- 11 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 12 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 13 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 14 Visiting Ollantataymbo from Cusco
- 15 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 16 Back "home" in Barranco
- 17 Day trips from Montevideo
- 18 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 19 2 weeks in Colombia
- 20 Home exchange to Brazil: cultural differences.
- 21 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 22 Peru in 9 days - Safety Concerns and itinerary review
- 23 Layover in Lima
- 24 Gym recommendations for Quito Centro Historico
- 25 Backroads or Nat Geo hiking Patagonia
Help with 'visit argentina' pass & travel throughout patagonia