i'm heading to Argentina from late October December 1st and wanted to spend my first two weeks trekking/hiking in the Patagonia -
last year i did the Annapurna base camp circuit in Nepal over 8 days (6-7 hours of walking a day) and wanted to up the ante this time around so have given myself 14 days, can you recommend high intensity treks/hikes that i could do consecutively over the 14 days?
I'd be keen to do the Torres del Paine W circuit but don't really know much else to do apart from this. i read you can complete this circuit over 5 days? which leaves me with 9 days spare. where could i go close to TDP?
Stunning scenery is a high priority as well.. but for any hiker/trekker i suppose that is a given
also i'd be keen to do this as cheaply as possible and so guided tours would preferably be avoided. I'd like to be able to walk independently like the ABC trail can be done if possible.
(I'll be taking film photographs and 16mm video footage of landscapes in the Patagonia and will be due in BsAs to complete an artist Residency program until the 1st of December)
thanks very much for your help
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Ridiculously Cheap Airfares to Columbia - Should we go?
- 2 Argentina, Uruguay & Chile
- 3 Where to celebrate Easter + milestone birthday?
- 4 Trelew to Peninsula Valdes
- 5 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 6 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 7 Argentina
- 8 Tucantravel company.
- 9 Help Planning Atacama for Next Week!
- 10 Amy Peru and Chile! (A possibly over enthusiastic trip report)
- 11 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 12 Bolivia & Argentina itinerary help
- 13 6 Weeks - Argentina and/or Peru/Colombia? too much in this time?
- 14 Ship travel to South America
- 15 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 16 Need some help with ideas for Argentina and Chile in 2017 please!
- 17 Solo travellers in Chile
- 18 Living in rural South America
- 19 Where to eat in Quito and Cuzco?
- 20 Manufacturer of alpaca clothes!
- 21 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 22 galapagos island
- 23 Huayna Picchu ticket
- 24 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 25 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
Help with 'visit argentina' pass & travel throughout patagonia