i'm heading to Argentina from late October December 1st and wanted to spend my first two weeks trekking/hiking in the Patagonia -
last year i did the Annapurna base camp circuit in Nepal over 8 days (6-7 hours of walking a day) and wanted to up the ante this time around so have given myself 14 days, can you recommend high intensity treks/hikes that i could do consecutively over the 14 days?
I'd be keen to do the Torres del Paine W circuit but don't really know much else to do apart from this. i read you can complete this circuit over 5 days? which leaves me with 9 days spare. where could i go close to TDP?
Stunning scenery is a high priority as well.. but for any hiker/trekker i suppose that is a given
also i'd be keen to do this as cheaply as possible and so guided tours would preferably be avoided. I'd like to be able to walk independently like the ABC trail can be done if possible.
(I'll be taking film photographs and 16mm video footage of landscapes in the Patagonia and will be due in BsAs to complete an artist Residency program until the 1st of December)
thanks very much for your help
Help with 'visit argentina' pass & travel throughout patagonia
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 2 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 3 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 4 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 5 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 6 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 7 2 wks in Colombia
- 8 Dentist in Buenos Aires
- 9 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 10 iguaza falls
- 11 Argentina Holiday Help
- 12 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 13 Buenos Aries
- 14 Tour guide for Machu Picchu
- 15 Travel to Ecuador in pregnancy
- 16 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 17 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 18 cheap flights to paraguay
- 19 Lake Titicaca and Puno - advice on itinerary and altitude sickness?
- 20 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 21 CHILE, please help me in planning our trip.....
- 22 I SURVIVED PERU (subtitle: yes, it's safe for a solo female traveler)
- 23 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 24 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 25 Transport in and around Peru (buses/taxis) - safety