i'm heading to Argentina from late October December 1st and wanted to spend my first two weeks trekking/hiking in the Patagonia -
last year i did the Annapurna base camp circuit in Nepal over 8 days (6-7 hours of walking a day) and wanted to up the ante this time around so have given myself 14 days, can you recommend high intensity treks/hikes that i could do consecutively over the 14 days?
I'd be keen to do the Torres del Paine W circuit but don't really know much else to do apart from this. i read you can complete this circuit over 5 days? which leaves me with 9 days spare. where could i go close to TDP?
Stunning scenery is a high priority as well.. but for any hiker/trekker i suppose that is a given
also i'd be keen to do this as cheaply as possible and so guided tours would preferably be avoided. I'd like to be able to walk independently like the ABC trail can be done if possible.
(I'll be taking film photographs and 16mm video footage of landscapes in the Patagonia and will be due in BsAs to complete an artist Residency program until the 1st of December)
thanks very much for your help
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://maximizedmuscleideas.com/testo-extreme-plus/
- 2 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 3 Route of the Seven Lakes drive
- 4 Colombia, best adventures for birthday.
- 5 Mom wants to go to cusco/macchu picchu in 5 days - impossible?
- 6 Bariloche and San Martin de los Andes
- 7 Bariloche rafting trips
- 8 Argentina &TDP-8th-18th April.
- 9 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 10 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 11 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 12 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 13 Safety warning?
- 14 Iguazu falls logistics
- 15 Packing for Chile in November
- 16 Lima stopover
- 17 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 18 Amazon side trip
- 19 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 20 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 21 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 22 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 23 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 24 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 25 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
Help with 'visit argentina' pass & travel throughout patagonia