i'm heading to Argentina from late October December 1st and wanted to spend my first two weeks trekking/hiking in the Patagonia -
last year i did the Annapurna base camp circuit in Nepal over 8 days (6-7 hours of walking a day) and wanted to up the ante this time around so have given myself 14 days, can you recommend high intensity treks/hikes that i could do consecutively over the 14 days?
I'd be keen to do the Torres del Paine W circuit but don't really know much else to do apart from this. i read you can complete this circuit over 5 days? which leaves me with 9 days spare. where could i go close to TDP?
Stunning scenery is a high priority as well.. but for any hiker/trekker i suppose that is a given
also i'd be keen to do this as cheaply as possible and so guided tours would preferably be avoided. I'd like to be able to walk independently like the ABC trail can be done if possible.
(I'll be taking film photographs and 16mm video footage of landscapes in the Patagonia and will be due in BsAs to complete an artist Residency program until the 1st of December)
thanks very much for your help
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Visiting Buenos Aires
- 2 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 3 BA & Patagonia - 9 days in November
- 4 First Time in Argentina and Brazil - Buenos Aires and Rio questions
- 5 Visiting Medellin
- 6 Galapagos: Land based visit + short cruise - opinions appreciated!
- 7 Walking sticks for Machu Picchu?
- 8 Video Report: Argentina, Patagonia Part 1
- 9 brazil beach vacation.... or will get mugged?
- 10 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 11 CasaCor Peru October 2015
- 12 Chile in February and March
- 13 5/6 Hour Layover in Santiago - Advice Please
- 14 Rio and Iguacu
- 15 3 weeks to travel
- 16 Galapagos Island
- 17 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 18 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 19 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 20 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 21 October - March 2016 in South or Central America
- 22 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 23 Peru Best Tours
- 24 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 25 Brasilia Airport - Need Reassurance!
Help with 'visit argentina' pass & travel throughout patagonia