i'm heading to Argentina from late October December 1st and wanted to spend my first two weeks trekking/hiking in the Patagonia -
last year i did the Annapurna base camp circuit in Nepal over 8 days (6-7 hours of walking a day) and wanted to up the ante this time around so have given myself 14 days, can you recommend high intensity treks/hikes that i could do consecutively over the 14 days?
I'd be keen to do the Torres del Paine W circuit but don't really know much else to do apart from this. i read you can complete this circuit over 5 days? which leaves me with 9 days spare. where could i go close to TDP?
Stunning scenery is a high priority as well.. but for any hiker/trekker i suppose that is a given
also i'd be keen to do this as cheaply as possible and so guided tours would preferably be avoided. I'd like to be able to walk independently like the ABC trail can be done if possible.
(I'll be taking film photographs and 16mm video footage of landscapes in the Patagonia and will be due in BsAs to complete an artist Residency program until the 1st of December)
thanks very much for your help
Help with 'visit argentina' pass & travel throughout patagonia
- 1 Santiago on Christmas Day??
- 2 Crellston and Others
- 3 Peru Query Escaped Peru
- 4 I SURVIVED PERU (subtitle: yes, it's safe for a solo female traveler)
- 5 Is 6 weeks enough to go from Lima, Peru to Buenos Aires?
- 6 Help with itinerary
- 7 fly fishing near Santiago
- 8 Private transfer from Santiago to Valparaiso
- 9 Is it safe to backpack in venezuela?
- 10 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 11 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 12 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 13 Blue rate
- 14 Trip report for Bariloche
- 15 Peru: Markawasi anyone?
- 16 How bad are the floods in Rio currently?
- 17 should we skip Bolivia in Febuary.
- 18 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 19 Reflections on our South America trip
- 20 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 21 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 22 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 23 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 24 8 Days in Brazil
- 25 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo