My husband and I are going to Brazil at the end of August for 2 weeks. The plan is to spend half the time in the Rio area, with some possible side trips including Ilha grande and the other half in Bahia: Salvador and surrounding areas. We are looking to be budget travelers, though we would still like to have a private room and bathroom. The question is whether or not we need to book places to stay in advance. I know that it is low season which makes me think it might be ok to wing it. I am hesitant to book things before we know where we will want to be and for how long, but I don't want to end up without a place to stay! Anyone have any advice on the matter? I really appreciate any thoughts and ideas and would also welcome any specific recommendations for those areaslaces to stay, things to do/see etc.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER INSTALLATION/SET-UP CONTACT 1-800-681-7208 TECHNICAL CAre B*G
- 2 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 3 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 4 Renting a car in Patagonia
- 5 Avianca business class
- 6 Suenos Aires, Argentina vs Lisbon, Portugal
- 7 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 8 No exit stamp from Brazil, no entry stamp in Paraguay, help!!
- 9 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 10 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 11 Can a Europhile Find Happiness in Argentina and Chile?
- 12 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 13 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 14 How many days in Medellin area?
- 15 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 16 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 17 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 18 Peru Trip for the Family
- 19 Pisco sours
- 20 Huayhuash Trecking 8-16th of july
- 21 Medellin, Colombia - Great Driver
- 22 Looking For Intensive Spanish Immersion Course
- 23 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 24 Machu Picchu changes its entry schedule
- 25 Lodging by Medellin Airport