My husband and I are going to Brazil at the end of August for 2 weeks. The plan is to spend half the time in the Rio area, with some possible side trips including Ilha grande and the other half in Bahia: Salvador and surrounding areas. We are looking to be budget travelers, though we would still like to have a private room and bathroom. The question is whether or not we need to book places to stay in advance. I know that it is low season which makes me think it might be ok to wing it. I am hesitant to book things before we know where we will want to be and for how long, but I don't want to end up without a place to stay! Anyone have any advice on the matter? I really appreciate any thoughts and ideas and would also welcome any specific recommendations for those areaslaces to stay, things to do/see etc.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Patagonia - Equipment
- 2 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 3 Chile or Argentina?
- 4 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 5 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 6 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 7 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 8 Nazca Lines from Pisco or Ica Airport?
- 9 Chile cell phone and sim card advice needed
- 10 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 11 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 12 Flights to Northern Peru
- 13 Santiago neighborhood
- 14 Hotels in San Pedro de Atacama?
- 15 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 16 Backroads or Nat Geo hiking Patagonia
- 17 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 18 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 19 CasaCor Lima 2016
- 20 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 21 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 22 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 23 Steak house rec in Buenos Aires near Recoleta
- 24 Iguazu falls logistics
- 25 Still more Argentine questions