My husband and I are going to Brazil at the end of August for 2 weeks. The plan is to spend half the time in the Rio area, with some possible side trips including Ilha grande and the other half in Bahia: Salvador and surrounding areas. We are looking to be budget travelers, though we would still like to have a private room and bathroom. The question is whether or not we need to book places to stay in advance. I know that it is low season which makes me think it might be ok to wing it. I am hesitant to book things before we know where we will want to be and for how long, but I don't want to end up without a place to stay! Anyone have any advice on the matter? I really appreciate any thoughts and ideas and would also welcome any specific recommendations for those areaslaces to stay, things to do/see etc.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://www.drozdietplan.com/eracto/
- 2 Bicycle Tour explore Islands of the Mekong River
- 3 Where to stay in Bariloche
- 4 WEBJET
- 5 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 6 South adventure Peru tours
- 7 Iguazu and Iguaçu
- 8 2 weeks trip
- 9 Good women's hairgresser in Santiago?
- 10 Itineraries
- 11 Pantanal Lodges
- 12 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 13 Torres Del Paine Hiking - No Refugios
- 14 3 weeks in South America
- 15 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 16 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 17 Ecuador, Panama, or Costa Rica
- 18 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 19 Chile wine tour
- 20 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 21 Aerolineas "Visit Argentina" discounted airline pass
- 22 Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado?
- 23 How to count hotel floors in Ecuador?
- 24 Ceviche in Peru or Ecuador?
- 25 Travel Buddies for the Salar de Uyuni in September 2017