My husband and I are going to Brazil at the end of August for 2 weeks. The plan is to spend half the time in the Rio area, with some possible side trips including Ilha grande and the other half in Bahia: Salvador and surrounding areas. We are looking to be budget travelers, though we would still like to have a private room and bathroom. The question is whether or not we need to book places to stay in advance. I know that it is low season which makes me think it might be ok to wing it. I am hesitant to book things before we know where we will want to be and for how long, but I don't want to end up without a place to stay! Anyone have any advice on the matter? I really appreciate any thoughts and ideas and would also welcome any specific recommendations for those areaslaces to stay, things to do/see etc.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 2 Amazon, OIlantaytambo, Colca Canyon, Pacasmay and About
- 3 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 4 El Calafate excursions
- 5 Ecuador earthquake
- 6 Destination Recommendation (w/ specifics)
- 7 Peru & Ecuador
- 8 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 9 Our 2016 South America Trip
- 10 Peru - Chinchero questions
- 11 Mendoza airport will be closed: Sept- Dec
- 12 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 13 Stray Dogs?
- 14 Salkantay trek
- 15 Iquitos vs Manu Peru Amazon
- 16 Visiting Alagoas or Boipeba
- 17 Need suggestions about 7 days Cusco itinerary
- 18 Enrico Poli Collection
- 19 Request for Galapagos Itinerary Assistance
- 20 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 21 10 Week South America Trip
- 22 Patagonia in September/October
- 23 10 days in Chile
- 24 Travel in Chile- Itinerary advice please
- 25 Amazon tours