My husband and I are going to Brazil at the end of August for 2 weeks. The plan is to spend half the time in the Rio area, with some possible side trips including Ilha grande and the other half in Bahia: Salvador and surrounding areas. We are looking to be budget travelers, though we would still like to have a private room and bathroom. The question is whether or not we need to book places to stay in advance. I know that it is low season which makes me think it might be ok to wing it. I am hesitant to book things before we know where we will want to be and for how long, but I don't want to end up without a place to stay! Anyone have any advice on the matter? I really appreciate any thoughts and ideas and would also welcome any specific recommendations for those areaslaces to stay, things to do/see etc.
help with planning trip to Brazil
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 2 Back to South America
- 3 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 4 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 5 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 6 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 7 Fire in Valparaiso
- 8 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 9 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 10 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 11 Ecuador - should we go?
- 12 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 13 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 14 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 15 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 16 Driving in Ecuador
- 17 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 18 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 19 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 20 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 21 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 22 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 23 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 24 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 25 Questions re. Machu Picchu