My husband and I are going to Brazil at the end of August for 2 weeks. The plan is to spend half the time in the Rio area, with some possible side trips including Ilha grande and the other half in Bahia: Salvador and surrounding areas. We are looking to be budget travelers, though we would still like to have a private room and bathroom. The question is whether or not we need to book places to stay in advance. I know that it is low season which makes me think it might be ok to wing it. I am hesitant to book things before we know where we will want to be and for how long, but I don't want to end up without a place to stay! Anyone have any advice on the matter? I really appreciate any thoughts and ideas and would also welcome any specific recommendations for those areaslaces to stay, things to do/see etc.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Anyone familiar with Sky Airlines?
- 2 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 3 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 4 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 5 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 6 Going to Peru with 2 kids (9 and 12yrs)
- 7 Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Amazon Rainforest + more
- 8 Galapagos tour one week on a boat
- 9 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 10 8 days in Ecudor
- 11 Northeast Brazil
- 12 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 13 Lima, Peru - Travel Report
- 14 Galapagos - Family Wildlife Tours
- 15 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 16 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 17 Going to Machu Pichu with 4 children
- 18 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 19 James Frazer-Mann - Trying to book El Chalten via Plataforma10 ?
- 20 Adventures / full of experince tours in the Ecuadorians
- 21 Lima - driver for hire
- 22 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 23 OK one final question - concerns AEP!
- 24 Iguazu Falls Couple Last Minute Questions!
- 25 First trip to Argentina - should we just stay in Buenos Aires?