My husband and I are going to Brazil at the end of August for 2 weeks. The plan is to spend half the time in the Rio area, with some possible side trips including Ilha grande and the other half in Bahia: Salvador and surrounding areas. We are looking to be budget travelers, though we would still like to have a private room and bathroom. The question is whether or not we need to book places to stay in advance. I know that it is low season which makes me think it might be ok to wing it. I am hesitant to book things before we know where we will want to be and for how long, but I don't want to end up without a place to stay! Anyone have any advice on the matter? I really appreciate any thoughts and ideas and would also welcome any specific recommendations for those areaslaces to stay, things to do/see etc.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 2 Trip Report Ecuador
- 3 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 4 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 5 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 6 Chile, Ecuadoror Columbia
- 7 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 8 Day trips from Montevideo
- 9 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 10 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 11 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 12 Driving tips and suggestions for Torres del Paine
- 13 Help with 3 Week Itinerary
- 14 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice
- 15 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 16 Ecuador, Places to shop
- 17 Only one day in Quito recommendations.
- 18 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 19 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 20 Booking the Grey Glacier Boat Tour
- 21 Volunteering in South America, maybe Peru?
- 22 Atacama and ????
- 23 Departure Tax leaving Colombia
- 24 Travel to Peru in 2 weeks
- 25 How Long Before departure @Bogota Airport Arrival Time