Hello travel experts!
Please share your advice and help make our honeymoon spectacular!
My fiance and I are getting married in September 2012. For our honeymoon we are thinking of a trip to South America.
Here's an idea of our proposed itinerary... And a couple of questions.. Please lets us know if you think this is "do-able" in the time frame and which other places you may think are worth a visit. We would like to end in Rio to have some beach time to relax and enjoy at the end. I will ask about hotel/restaurant and so forth later...
We will have 2 1/2 - 3 weeks.
We can go in October, January 2013 or May 2013 -- when is the best time to go?
I think because of the time -- and area -- it's best to fly everywhere? Is it easy to book flights there? cheaper? or better to set it all up from home? (Canada)
Fly into Peru…Lima (2nights)
Fly to Cusco (2) …
Train to M.P (1) (better to stay in town at bottom or expensive hotel at the top?)
Train Back to Cusco
Fly back to Lima
Fly to buenos Aris - Argentina (3) (Any other short trips/cities nearby (bus) we should go?)
Fly to Iguassu Falls in Paraguay (2) (any other short trips?)
Fly to Rio, Brazil (3)
Thanks in advance for all help/suggestions
HELP US PLAN OUR HONEYMOON (Peru, Argentina, Paraguay, Brazil)
Hello travel experts!
- 1 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 2 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 3 Flights on LAN
- 4 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 5 Need help with Cusco itinerary
- 6 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 7 Eight Days on Horseback in the Avenue of the Volcanoes
- 8 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 9 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 10 More suggested reading
- 11 Family Trip to the Galapagos Islands
- 12 Back to South America
- 13 Peru Trip Report & Reviews (Lima, Sacred Valley, Manu, Cusco)
- 14 Has anyone heard of the tour company "escapes unlimited"?
- 15 which hotel in Cusco-- Second Home or Hotel Andenes al Cielo
- 16 Trip to Peru with my girlfriend (mid 20s)
- 17 Perito Moreno mini walk
- 18 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 19 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 20 2 weeks in Chile/easter island : first timers but not last timers...
- 21 Ritz Carlton Santiago
- 22 3 - 4 weeks in Brazil - help with trip itinerary
- 23 Peru Rail Trains to Machu Pichu
- 24 LAN South America airpass
- 25 Bogota footwear/cameras; Bolivar bugs