Hello travel experts!
Please share your advice and help make our honeymoon spectacular!
My fiance and I are getting married in September 2012. For our honeymoon we are thinking of a trip to South America.
Here's an idea of our proposed itinerary... And a couple of questions.. Please lets us know if you think this is "do-able" in the time frame and which other places you may think are worth a visit. We would like to end in Rio to have some beach time to relax and enjoy at the end. I will ask about hotel/restaurant and so forth later...
We will have 2 1/2 - 3 weeks.
We can go in October, January 2013 or May 2013 -- when is the best time to go?
I think because of the time -- and area -- it's best to fly everywhere? Is it easy to book flights there? cheaper? or better to set it all up from home? (Canada)
Fly into Peru…Lima (2nights)
Fly to Cusco (2) …
Train to M.P (1) (better to stay in town at bottom or expensive hotel at the top?)
Train Back to Cusco
Fly back to Lima
Fly to buenos Aris - Argentina (3) (Any other short trips/cities nearby (bus) we should go?)
Fly to Iguassu Falls in Paraguay (2) (any other short trips?)
Fly to Rio, Brazil (3)
Thanks in advance for all help/suggestions
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 2 MP and Torres del Paine on same trip?
- 3 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 4 Cajamarca
- 5 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 6 Patagonia - Equipment
- 7 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 8 Chile or Argentina?
- 9 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 10 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 11 Nazca Lines from Pisco or Ica Airport?
- 12 Chile cell phone and sim card advice needed
- 13 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 14 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 15 Flights to Northern Peru
- 16 Santiago neighborhood
- 17 Hotels in San Pedro de Atacama?
- 18 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 19 Backroads or Nat Geo hiking Patagonia
- 20 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 21 CasaCor Lima 2016
- 22 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 23 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 24 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 25 Steak house rec in Buenos Aires near Recoleta
HELP US PLAN OUR HONEYMOON (Peru, Argentina, Paraguay, Brazil)
Hello travel experts!