We are a family of five, including kids 10, 10 & 5. We are planning a trip to Colombia this February. We have been in several countries together, including Venezuela, Costa Rica, Morocco and some European/ Asian countries. In Costa Rica, we had rented our own car, while in Venezuela, we had hired a driver. Renting a car usually works best for us with the kids, but it seems that in Colombia, we would have to rely on public transportation. Is it really not possible or feasible in Colombia to drive? If not, do you guys have any suggestions for a driver that we could hire for the trip. Or should we stick to public transportation (the + there is experiencing locals, the - is loss of flexibility). or maybe a mix.
We will be flying into Cali and flying out of Bogota. Most to our interest is experiencing outdoors and culture - more than buildings, museums and other structures. Very high on our itinerary are going to be Valle de Cocora, Los Nevados National Park and a coffee plantation. Could someone please help me with our itinerary.
Feb 2 (8.30PM)- Arrive at Cali airport
Feb 10 (10AM) - Fly back from Bogota
Your help is gratefully appreciated.
Help requested for Feb itinerary for family
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip Report - Very Long
- 2 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 3 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 4 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 5 Senior Citizen's wonderful trip to Sacred Valley thanks to Great Tour Guide
- 6 Tupiza to Tilcara
- 7 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 8 Wet suits in Galapagos
- 9 8 Days in Peru
- 10 Hostels in Oruro during Carnaval?
- 11 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 12 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 13 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 14 Transportation in Ecuador
- 15 NW of Argentina
- 16 adventure tour on the Amazon
- 17 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 18 Ten days in Ecuador
- 19 amazon jungle trips
- 20 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 21 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 22 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 23 Dollars, sols or credit cards in Peru?
- 24 Peru versus Bolivia
- 25 Need advise for Argentina and surrounding areas in May??