We are a family of five, including kids 10, 10 & 5. We are planning a trip to Colombia this February. We have been in several countries together, including Venezuela, Costa Rica, Morocco and some European/ Asian countries. In Costa Rica, we had rented our own car, while in Venezuela, we had hired a driver. Renting a car usually works best for us with the kids, but it seems that in Colombia, we would have to rely on public transportation. Is it really not possible or feasible in Colombia to drive? If not, do you guys have any suggestions for a driver that we could hire for the trip. Or should we stick to public transportation (the + there is experiencing locals, the - is loss of flexibility). or maybe a mix.
We will be flying into Cali and flying out of Bogota. Most to our interest is experiencing outdoors and culture - more than buildings, museums and other structures. Very high on our itinerary are going to be Valle de Cocora, Los Nevados National Park and a coffee plantation. Could someone please help me with our itinerary.
Feb 2 (8.30PM)- Arrive at Cali airport
Feb 10 (10AM) - Fly back from Bogota
Your help is gratefully appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 WOW*** DAIL YAHOO 1+800+54O**683O MAIL%%% TEC****SUPPOT
- 2 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia
- 3 Anyone familiar with Sky Airlines?
- 4 How to count hotel floors in Ecuador?
- 5 Bolivian Visa
- 6 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 7 8 days in Ecudor
- 8 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 9 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 10 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 11 Going to Peru with 2 kids (9 and 12yrs)
- 12 Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Amazon Rainforest + more
- 13 Galapagos tour one week on a boat
- 14 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 15 Northeast Brazil
- 16 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 17 Lima, Peru - Travel Report
- 18 Galapagos - Family Wildlife Tours
- 19 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 20 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 21 Going to Machu Pichu with 4 children
- 22 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 23 James Frazer-Mann - Trying to book El Chalten via Plataforma10 ?
- 24 Adventures / full of experince tours in the Ecuadorians
- 25 Lima - driver for hire