We are a family of five, including kids 10, 10 & 5. We are planning a trip to Colombia this February. We have been in several countries together, including Venezuela, Costa Rica, Morocco and some European/ Asian countries. In Costa Rica, we had rented our own car, while in Venezuela, we had hired a driver. Renting a car usually works best for us with the kids, but it seems that in Colombia, we would have to rely on public transportation. Is it really not possible or feasible in Colombia to drive? If not, do you guys have any suggestions for a driver that we could hire for the trip. Or should we stick to public transportation (the + there is experiencing locals, the - is loss of flexibility). or maybe a mix.
We will be flying into Cali and flying out of Bogota. Most to our interest is experiencing outdoors and culture - more than buildings, museums and other structures. Very high on our itinerary are going to be Valle de Cocora, Los Nevados National Park and a coffee plantation. Could someone please help me with our itinerary.
Feb 2 (8.30PM)- Arrive at Cali airport
Feb 10 (10AM) - Fly back from Bogota
Your help is gratefully appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 2 salkantay trek
- 3 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 4 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 5 Rainbow mountain trek
- 6 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 7 Cusco/Machu Picchu Trip
- 8 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 9 Huayhuash Circuit in May - good-value trekking companies
- 10 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 11 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 12 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 13 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 14 Iquitos
- 15 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 16 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 17 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 18 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 19 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 20 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 21 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 22 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 23 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 24 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 25 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio