We are a family of five, including kids 10, 10 & 5. We are planning a trip to Colombia this February. We have been in several countries together, including Venezuela, Costa Rica, Morocco and some European/ Asian countries. In Costa Rica, we had rented our own car, while in Venezuela, we had hired a driver. Renting a car usually works best for us with the kids, but it seems that in Colombia, we would have to rely on public transportation. Is it really not possible or feasible in Colombia to drive? If not, do you guys have any suggestions for a driver that we could hire for the trip. Or should we stick to public transportation (the + there is experiencing locals, the - is loss of flexibility). or maybe a mix.
We will be flying into Cali and flying out of Bogota. Most to our interest is experiencing outdoors and culture - more than buildings, museums and other structures. Very high on our itinerary are going to be Valle de Cocora, Los Nevados National Park and a coffee plantation. Could someone please help me with our itinerary.
Feb 2 (8.30PM)- Arrive at Cali airport
Feb 10 (10AM) - Fly back from Bogota
Your help is gratefully appreciated.
Help requested for Feb itinerary for family
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 driving to salvador
- 2 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 3 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 4 Currency Woes
- 5 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 6 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 7 Quito trip
- 8 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 9 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 10 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 11 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 12 1 day in Rio
- 13 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 14 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 15 Solo female travelling around South America
- 16 Bariloche car rental
- 17 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 18 Galapagos Islands
- 19 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 20 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 21 Day trip to Paracas
- 22 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 23 Peru trip
- 24 Amazon Manaus Tour Guides
- 25 Chile or Chile/Argentina - 3 Itinerary Ideas, Can't Decide!