We are a family of five, including kids 10, 10 & 5. We are planning a trip to Colombia this February. We have been in several countries together, including Venezuela, Costa Rica, Morocco and some European/ Asian countries. In Costa Rica, we had rented our own car, while in Venezuela, we had hired a driver. Renting a car usually works best for us with the kids, but it seems that in Colombia, we would have to rely on public transportation. Is it really not possible or feasible in Colombia to drive? If not, do you guys have any suggestions for a driver that we could hire for the trip. Or should we stick to public transportation (the + there is experiencing locals, the - is loss of flexibility). or maybe a mix.
We will be flying into Cali and flying out of Bogota. Most to our interest is experiencing outdoors and culture - more than buildings, museums and other structures. Very high on our itinerary are going to be Valle de Cocora, Los Nevados National Park and a coffee plantation. Could someone please help me with our itinerary.
Feb 2 (8.30PM)- Arrive at Cali airport
Feb 10 (10AM) - Fly back from Bogota
Your help is gratefully appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Dining in Medellin
- 2 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 3 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 4 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 5 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 6 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 7 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 8 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 9 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 10 santiago chile area
- 11 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 12 Reflections on our South America trip
- 13 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 14 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 15 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 16 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?
- 17 visit in the area of Campinas,Brazil and weather
- 18 Buying show tickets to Cafe Tortoni
- 19 Iguazu Falls-"Best" Way to Reach/See
- 20 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 21 One week in Cartagena?
- 22 Argentina 3 week Itinerary
- 23 One day in Buenos Aires and Tango Experience
- 24 Santiago to Puerto Montt
- 25 Visiting Medellin