We are a family of five, including kids 10, 10 & 5. We are planning a trip to Colombia this February. We have been in several countries together, including Venezuela, Costa Rica, Morocco and some European/ Asian countries. In Costa Rica, we had rented our own car, while in Venezuela, we had hired a driver. Renting a car usually works best for us with the kids, but it seems that in Colombia, we would have to rely on public transportation. Is it really not possible or feasible in Colombia to drive? If not, do you guys have any suggestions for a driver that we could hire for the trip. Or should we stick to public transportation (the + there is experiencing locals, the - is loss of flexibility). or maybe a mix.
We will be flying into Cali and flying out of Bogota. Most to our interest is experiencing outdoors and culture - more than buildings, museums and other structures. Very high on our itinerary are going to be Valle de Cocora, Los Nevados National Park and a coffee plantation. Could someone please help me with our itinerary.
Feb 2 (8.30PM)- Arrive at Cali airport
Feb 10 (10AM) - Fly back from Bogota
Your help is gratefully appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 2 Packing for Chile in November
- 3 Safety warning?
- 4 Iguazu falls logistics
- 5 Lima stopover
- 6 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 7 Amazon side trip
- 8 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 9 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 10 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 11 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 12 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 13 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 14 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 15 Santiago - where to stay?
- 16 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 17 Tour guide/ agency
- 18 Patagonia Planning
- 19 Salta/NW Argentina, no car
- 20 March trip to Brazil
- 21 Iguazu Falls -- is Brazil side worth the cost?
- 22 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 23 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 24 Iguacu Falls Itinerary and Photography Question
- 25 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST