We are a family of five, including kids 10, 10 & 5. We are planning a trip to Colombia this February. We have been in several countries together, including Venezuela, Costa Rica, Morocco and some European/ Asian countries. In Costa Rica, we had rented our own car, while in Venezuela, we had hired a driver. Renting a car usually works best for us with the kids, but it seems that in Colombia, we would have to rely on public transportation. Is it really not possible or feasible in Colombia to drive? If not, do you guys have any suggestions for a driver that we could hire for the trip. Or should we stick to public transportation (the + there is experiencing locals, the - is loss of flexibility). or maybe a mix.
We will be flying into Cali and flying out of Bogota. Most to our interest is experiencing outdoors and culture - more than buildings, museums and other structures. Very high on our itinerary are going to be Valle de Cocora, Los Nevados National Park and a coffee plantation. Could someone please help me with our itinerary.
Feb 2 (8.30PM)- Arrive at Cali airport
Feb 10 (10AM) - Fly back from Bogota
Your help is gratefully appreciated.
Help requested for Feb itinerary for family
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Ecuador - should we go?
- 2 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 3 Santiago 2 days
- 4 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 5 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 6 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 7 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 8 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 9 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 10 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 11 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 12 Lodge in Pantanal
- 13 Pantanal on your own
- 14 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 15 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 16 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 17 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 18 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 19 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 20 Cell phone in Brazil
- 21 10 Full Days in Peru
- 22 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 23 10 day itinerary questions
- 24 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 25 Please comment on this 8 week itinerary (Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru)!