Hey guys, I'm trying to plan a South American trip from beginning of May till middle of July 2014. I'm going with my girlfriend, I have a $20,000 budget for both of us.. I'm wanting to see pretty much what everybody else goes to see: Rapa Nui, Torres del Paine, Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, the Brazilian amazon, Iguazu falls, Rio de Janeiro and Angel falls. I`d like to see the Galapagos as well but don`t think I can afford it this time around. I also want to incorporate a few games of FIFA world cup. Preferably at the Maracana. I'll be flying out of Vancouver, BC. I'm not sure where I should fly into first.. Cuzco? Santiago? Then fly back home from Venezuela? I don't mind taking trains, buses, planes. With my budget I doubt I'll be able to stay in hotels and fly all the time so hostels are fine as well.. I realize that's a lot to see but I did all of Western Europe in 60 days so I think I can handle it. I`ve read some of the forums that are on here already but they all go so far off topic. Any help and insight would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
Help please! Trying to plan a South American trip!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Last 2 weeks
- 2 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 3 Guide and car for day in Quito
- 4 Peru, Amazon, Brazil... best solo? Tour?
- 5 Language school in Antigua or Quetzaltenango
- 6 TDP in August
- 7 Peru in December
- 8 Quito: Old city or new?
- 9 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 10 amazon jungle trips
- 11 Amazon Cruise
- 12 3 Full Days in Iguazu?
- 13 Trip with my boyfriend to the Brazilian city of São Paulo!
- 14 Brazil for Carnival
- 15 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 16 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 17 10 nights in Argentina
- 18 Flight to El Calafate for one day
- 19 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 20 Sobering Film
- 21 Travel to Peru with my 5 best friends!
- 22 Estancias Outside Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 23 Peru- making up a small 50+ group
- 24 Machu Picchu First?
- 25 Rosh Hashanah