Hey guys, I'm trying to plan a South American trip from beginning of May till middle of July 2014. I'm going with my girlfriend, I have a $20,000 budget for both of us.. I'm wanting to see pretty much what everybody else goes to see: Rapa Nui, Torres del Paine, Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, the Brazilian amazon, Iguazu falls, Rio de Janeiro and Angel falls. I`d like to see the Galapagos as well but don`t think I can afford it this time around. I also want to incorporate a few games of FIFA world cup. Preferably at the Maracana. I'll be flying out of Vancouver, BC. I'm not sure where I should fly into first.. Cuzco? Santiago? Then fly back home from Venezuela? I don't mind taking trains, buses, planes. With my budget I doubt I'll be able to stay in hotels and fly all the time so hostels are fine as well.. I realize that's a lot to see but I did all of Western Europe in 60 days so I think I can handle it. I`ve read some of the forums that are on here already but they all go so far off topic. Any help and insight would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
Help please! Trying to plan a South American trip!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 2 Speak to me of Peru
- 3 Back to South America
- 4 Amazon from the Andes?
- 5 Please Help - Santiago, Mendoza & Buenos Aires
- 6 Bogotá Restaurants
- 7 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 8 Inhotim in one day? please???
- 9 What time to arrive at Machu Picchu?
- 10 Salta vs. Santiago
- 11 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 12 Brazil visa for Iguazu + fees for Argentina & Chile
- 13 Somewhere hot!!!!!!
- 14 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 15 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 16 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 17 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 18 Fire in Valparaiso
- 19 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 20 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 21 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 22 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 23 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 24 Driving in Ecuador
- 25 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador