Hey guys, I'm trying to plan a South American trip from beginning of May till middle of July 2014. I'm going with my girlfriend, I have a $20,000 budget for both of us.. I'm wanting to see pretty much what everybody else goes to see: Rapa Nui, Torres del Paine, Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, the Brazilian amazon, Iguazu falls, Rio de Janeiro and Angel falls. I`d like to see the Galapagos as well but don`t think I can afford it this time around. I also want to incorporate a few games of FIFA world cup. Preferably at the Maracana. I'll be flying out of Vancouver, BC. I'm not sure where I should fly into first.. Cuzco? Santiago? Then fly back home from Venezuela? I don't mind taking trains, buses, planes. With my budget I doubt I'll be able to stay in hotels and fly all the time so hostels are fine as well.. I realize that's a lot to see but I did all of Western Europe in 60 days so I think I can handle it. I`ve read some of the forums that are on here already but they all go so far off topic. Any help and insight would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
Help please! Trying to plan a South American trip!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Birding in Mindo
- 2 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 3 2 weeks in Argentina
- 4 Buying a SIM card in Chile for I phone 5
- 5 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 6 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 7 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 8 Rio Advice for 2 Young Women
- 9 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 10 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 11 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 12 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 13 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 14 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 15 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 16 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 17 Back to South America
- 18 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 19 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 20 JW Marriott Lima
- 21 Trip Report - Very Long
- 22 Quito recommendations
- 23 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 24 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 25 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!