Hey guys, I'm trying to plan a South American trip from beginning of May till middle of July 2014. I'm going with my girlfriend, I have a $20,000 budget for both of us.. I'm wanting to see pretty much what everybody else goes to see: Rapa Nui, Torres del Paine, Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, the Brazilian amazon, Iguazu falls, Rio de Janeiro and Angel falls. I`d like to see the Galapagos as well but don`t think I can afford it this time around. I also want to incorporate a few games of FIFA world cup. Preferably at the Maracana. I'll be flying out of Vancouver, BC. I'm not sure where I should fly into first.. Cuzco? Santiago? Then fly back home from Venezuela? I don't mind taking trains, buses, planes. With my budget I doubt I'll be able to stay in hotels and fly all the time so hostels are fine as well.. I realize that's a lot to see but I did all of Western Europe in 60 days so I think I can handle it. I`ve read some of the forums that are on here already but they all go so far off topic. Any help and insight would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
Help please! Trying to plan a South American trip!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 2 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 3 Easter Day in Rio
- 4 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 5 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 6 Satellite phones allowed into Brazil?
- 7 Visiting Machu Picchu in August, need help with planning.
- 8 Wrapping Up the Trip Planning - A Few Final Questions
- 9 Costa Rica during Holy Week - need help
- 10 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 11 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 12 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 13 Three weeks in South America
- 14 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 15 Patagonia tour in April
- 16 5 days in Patgonia... review of itinerary
- 17 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 18 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 19 HIP - BACK problems.....Relief !
- 20 Off the beaten track
- 21 Hosteria Tyndall - Torres del Paine
- 22 Ecuador Trip without Galapagos-10 nights
- 23 LAN flights cancelled this morning, March 11, due to a strike
- 24 Peru: a month travel in February
- 25 Amauta has moved to a different adres?