Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 2 Rainbow mountain trek
- 3 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 4 Cusco/Machu Picchu Trip
- 5 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 6 Huayhuash Circuit in May - good-value trekking companies
- 7 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 8 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 9 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 10 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 11 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 12 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 13 Iquitos
- 14 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 15 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 16 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 17 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 18 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 19 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 20 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 21 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 22 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 23 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 24 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio
- 25 Bariloche car rental
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge