Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip Report - Very Long
- 2 JW Marriott Lima
- 3 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 4 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 5 Quito recommendations
- 6 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 7 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 8 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 9 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 10 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 11 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 12 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 13 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 14 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 15 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 16 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 17 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 18 Ecuador-tour guides
- 19 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 20 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 21 lima airport transport
- 22 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 23 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 24 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 25 Argentina currency