Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 2 TDP in August
- 3 Amazon Cruise
- 4 3 Full Days in Iguazu?
- 5 Trip with my boyfriend to the Brazilian city of São Paulo!
- 6 Brazil for Carnival
- 7 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 8 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 9 Last 2 weeks
- 10 10 nights in Argentina
- 11 Flight to El Calafate for one day
- 12 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 13 Sobering Film
- 14 Travel to Peru with my 5 best friends!
- 15 Estancias Outside Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 16 Peru- making up a small 50+ group
- 17 Machu Picchu First?
- 18 Rosh Hashanah
- 19 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 20 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 21 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 22 Lakes District: Where to Base for 10 days
- 23 Patagonia trip decisions
- 24 Is it safe to backpack in venezuela?
- 25 VENEZUELA : avoid POSADA La CASITA and GEKKO TOurs in Ciudad Bolivar