Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 More suggested reading
- 2 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 3 Please help with itinerary!
- 4 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 5 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 6 Condor Travel- any feedback on this tour agency?
- 7 Ridiculously Cheap Airfares to Columbia - Should we go?
- 8 If it's Tuesday, this must be...Nicaragua, the Peruvian Amazon, or Colombia
- 9 Where do I hire motorbikes in La Paz (Bolivia)
- 10 Amy Peru and Chile! (A possibly over enthusiastic trip report)
- 11 Argentina, Uruguay & Chile
- 12 Where to celebrate Easter + milestone birthday?
- 13 Trelew to Peninsula Valdes
- 14 Argentina
- 15 Tucantravel company.
- 16 Help Planning Atacama for Next Week!
- 17 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 18 Bolivia & Argentina itinerary help
- 19 6 Weeks - Argentina and/or Peru/Colombia? too much in this time?
- 20 Ship travel to South America
- 21 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 22 Need some help with ideas for Argentina and Chile in 2017 please!
- 23 Solo travellers in Chile
- 24 Living in rural South America
- 25 Where to eat in Quito and Cuzco?
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge