Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 2 South America this October
- 3 Iguazu Falls - 4 star hotel near the airport?
- 4 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 5 Fun adventure ...with 6 yr old
- 6 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 7 Layover in Lima
- 8 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 9 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 10 San Salvador Layover
- 11 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 12 Wine Tours in Chile and Argentina -
- 13 Chile & Argentina wine trips
- 14 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 15 Huaraz to Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura
- 16 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 17 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 18 2 weeks in Peru/Chile
- 19 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 20 Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela
- 21 Santiago, Chile
- 22 limited time in Cusco
- 23 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 24 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 25 Visiting Ollantataymbo from Cusco
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge