Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Planning Trip to Patagonia and Wine Country
- 2 Trip Report: Bogota
- 3 Peru to Salar de Uyuni
- 4 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 5 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 6 Travel Agent Recommendation for Patagonia
- 7 Travel in Brazil or visit Machu Picchu?
- 8 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 9 Trip Report - Peru - Long
- 10 Pantanal tour prices
- 11 Safety in Rio?
- 12 Tours to Machu Picchu
- 13 New to traveling, and I need help.
- 14 Argentina Trip report
- 15 My Lima Layover
- 16 Strike Peru May 27-28 - urgent decision
- 17 Not your usual Lima Layover Trip Report
- 18 Areas to stay in Rio de Janiero and Buenos Aires
- 19 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 20 Do you need passes to see machu picch?
- 21 It's Restaurant Week in Lima til 24 May
- 22 Hostels in Rio de Janeiro
- 23 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 24 Itinerary Advice..+/- days advice
- 25 recommended hostels in lima and cuzco
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge