Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://www.fitnessbites.org/crepe-erase/
- 2 Help us plan our dream SA trip!
- 3 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 4 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 5 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 6 Waterfalls near Puyo, Tena, and Baeza in Ecuador
- 7 Best Trek in Peru? (Huayhuash Circuit vs Inca Trail)
- 8 Bariloche car rental
- 9 Trip Report: Studying Spanish in Quito and Cuenca 2007
- 10 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 11 Machu Picchu in January
- 12 Dining in Medellin
- 13 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 14 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 15 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 16 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 17 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 18 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 19 santiago chile area
- 20 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 21 Reflections on our South America trip
- 22 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 23 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 24 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 25 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge