Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Transportation: Cusco Airport to Ollantaytamba train station
- 2 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 3 Chile or Argentina?
- 4 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 5 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 6 Machu Picchu - any good hiking guide companies?
- 7 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 8 11 hours in Lima
- 9 South America this October
- 10 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 11 Spontaneity in Cusco activities possible?
- 12 Antarctica on the Vavilov-How to book?
- 13 Peru in December
- 14 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 15 Tarapoto
- 16 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia
- 17 Buenos Aires/Argentina 10+ Day, Solo Woman Traveler
- 18 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 19 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 20 Need some help in getting started-first vacation to South America!
- 21 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 22 Packing for Galapagos Cruise - Lessons Learned
- 23 Campinas and Natal help
- 24 Ecuador Haciendas and Weather
- 25 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge