Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trelew to Peninsula Valdes
- 2 Help Planning Atacama for Next Week!
- 3 Amy Peru and Chile! (A possibly over enthusiastic trip report)
- 4 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 5 Bolivia & Argentina itinerary help
- 6 6 Weeks - Argentina and/or Peru/Colombia? too much in this time?
- 7 Ship travel to South America
- 8 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 9 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 10 Need some help with ideas for Argentina and Chile in 2017 please!
- 11 Solo travellers in Chile
- 12 Living in rural South America
- 13 Where to eat in Quito and Cuzco?
- 14 Manufacturer of alpaca clothes!
- 15 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 16 galapagos island
- 17 Huayna Picchu ticket
- 18 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 19 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 20 Is Buenos Aires cold in September
- 21 Colombia - Cycle holiday for 1 month
- 22 Mendoza in September or where else should we go?
- 23 One Day in Lima
- 24 Seaweed Ambergis Caye
- 25 Medellin places to stay
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge