Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 5 day Galapagos cruise in Nov
- 2 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 3 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 4 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 5 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 6 Sixty days in Colombia
- 7 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 8 Machu Picchu - NatGeo vs. OAT
- 9 Taking the Bus Santiago Airport to Valpo
- 10 MP and Torres del Paine on same trip?
- 11 Steak house rec in Buenos Aires near Recoleta
- 12 Choquequirao Questions
- 13 12 Day Peru Itinerary Help
- 14 Shopping for sweaters - Quito or Otavalo?
- 15 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 16 Cajamarca
- 17 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 18 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 19 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 20 Patagonia - Equipment
- 21 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 22 Chile or Argentina?
- 23 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 24 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 25 Nazca Lines from Pisco or Ica Airport?
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge