Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Iguazu Falls. Argentina and Brazil. Winter.
- 2 2-weeks trip to Chile, itinerary review
- 3 Amauta has moved to a different adres?
- 4 Has Argentina stasting charging an entry tax/fee yet?
- 5 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 6 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 7 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 8 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 9 Brazil: Bonito/Pantanal : Manaus Guide Recommendations
- 10 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 11 Chile, Brazil and New York
- 12 My (entertertaining & illustrated) advice on the best ever Peru itinerary
- 13 Christmas in the Andes (Peru & Ecuador)
- 14 Three weeks in South America
- 15 TRIP DO COLOMBIA
- 16 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 17 Colombia...without Bogota? Looking for opinions!
- 18 Argentina ininerary November 2015
- 19 Easter Day in Rio
- 20 Argentina Trip report
- 21 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 22 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 23 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 24 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 25 Ecuador - Amazon Basin Trip