Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge
- 1 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 2 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 3 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 4 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 5 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 6 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 7 8 Days in Brazil
- 8 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 9 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 10 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 11 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 12 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 13 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 14 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 15 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 16 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 17 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 18 Peru Hop?
- 19 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 20 Uruguay Re-Do
- 21 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 22 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 23 More suggested reading
- 24 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 25 Bariloche over XMas