Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Christmas in Cusco
- 2 Easter Island flight delays?
- 3 argentina & brazil
- 4 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 5 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 6 Beware of G Adventures Galapagos tour guides!
- 7 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 8 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 9 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 10 Brazilian music
- 11 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 12 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 13 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 14 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 15 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 16 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 17 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 18 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 19 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 20 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 21 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 22 Private sightseeing
- 23 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 24 Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York
- 25 Honeymoon 9 Days in South America