Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 2 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 3 Transportation in Ecuador
- 4 NW of Argentina
- 5 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 6 adventure tour on the Amazon
- 7 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 8 Ten days in Ecuador
- 9 amazon jungle trips
- 10 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 11 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 12 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 13 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 14 Dollars, sols or credit cards in Peru?
- 15 Peru versus Bolivia
- 16 Need advise for Argentina and surrounding areas in May??
- 17 Enchanting-South America-tour companies
- 18 altitude sickness (Bolivia vs. Peru)
- 19 Need help in where to stay in Mendoza in December
- 20 Using Internet for Finances in South America
- 21 Flight to El Calafate for one day
- 22 Peru in December
- 23 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 24 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 25 NYT Article on Cartagena