Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Need Police Report from Santiago!
- 2 Anyone traveled with Manu Peru Amazon Tour Company?
- 3 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 4 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 5 Volcano erupts in Chile near Puerto Varas and Puerto Montt
- 6 URGENT! Call your airline!
- 7 Columbia Local Beer
- 8 Solo backpacking in Argentina and Chile
- 9 El Calafate/Torres del Paine 7 day Itinerary Help
- 10 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 11 10 days in Argentina
- 12 february/march- where to go?
- 13 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 14 Peruvian Amazon
- 15 driving to salvador
- 16 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 17 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 18 Peru, help cutting costs
- 19 cartagena , columbia
- 20 Peru Itinerary Help
- 21 One spare day in our itinerary - where should it go?
- 22 10 days backpacking in Peru
- 23 Antofogasta or Calama ? And which month ?
- 24 Birding in Mindo
- 25 Iguazu accomodation