Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Speak to me of Peru
- 2 Back to South America
- 3 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 4 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 5 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 6 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 7 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 8 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 9 Fire in Valparaiso
- 10 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 11 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 12 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 13 Ecuador - should we go?
- 14 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 15 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 16 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 17 Driving in Ecuador
- 18 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 19 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 20 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 21 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 22 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 23 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 24 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 25 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra