Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 60 day Trip to South America
- 2 Machu Picchu - What Month Most Green for Photos?
- 3 Machu Picchu
- 4 Purchasing 2016 Machu Picchu Tickets
- 5 Machu Picchu in January
- 6 Dangers of crossing Darien Gap
- 7 Other cities to visit in Brazil other than RIO
- 8 Drawing money at ATMs in Brazil
- 9 Cusco Airport to Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza hotel
- 10 Accessibility to Igassu Falls
- 11 Rio Water Quality
- 12 Brazil Tourist Safety tip request
- 13 Galapagos with/Natural Habitat Adventures?
- 14 I Didn't Get Killed in Rio: Our Travels in Peru, Brazil, and Ecuador
- 15 Two day stay in Lima
- 16 Best beach town for Jan- Feb trip
- 17 Cities near santiago chile?
- 18 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 19 Leftover Argentine Pesos - where to sell?
- 20 Van from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- 21 June travel in the Galapagos, Andean Ecuador, and Machu Picchu
- 22 Uyuni Salar Tour Company
- 23 Trip Evacuation Insurance for the Galapagos
- 24 Travelers insurance in Patagonia - need it?
- 25 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge