Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cusco area and Machu Picchu guide
- 2 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 3 Argentina with a touch of Chile and some help needed
- 4 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 5 Argentina vs Chile
- 6 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 7 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 8 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 9 Avianca business class
- 10 Planning Argentina Trip
- 11 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 12 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 13 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 14 Feria de las flores
- 15 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 16 Brazilian Visa Documents - Help!
- 17 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 18 comments
- 19 Cusco to La Paz Priorities: Puno VS Copacabana VS La Paz VS Coroico
- 20 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 21 Huacachina, Peru
- 22 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 23 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 24 Pantanal Lodges
- 25 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge