Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 BA & Patagonia - 9 days in November
- 2 First Time in Argentina and Brazil - Buenos Aires and Rio questions
- 3 Visiting Buenos Aires
- 4 Visiting Medellin
- 5 Galapagos: Land based visit + short cruise - opinions appreciated!
- 6 Walking sticks for Machu Picchu?
- 7 Video Report: Argentina, Patagonia Part 1
- 8 brazil beach vacation.... or will get mugged?
- 9 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 10 CasaCor Peru October 2015
- 11 Chile in February and March
- 12 5/6 Hour Layover in Santiago - Advice Please
- 13 Rio and Iguacu
- 14 3 weeks to travel
- 15 Galapagos Island
- 16 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 17 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 18 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 19 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 20 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 21 October - March 2016 in South or Central America
- 22 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 23 Peru Best Tours
- 24 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 25 Brasilia Airport - Need Reassurance!
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge