Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 2 2 nights in Torres Del Paine - Which route and refugio?
- 3 Argentinians in Punta Del Este!!
- 4 La Paz to Santiago - route choices
- 5 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 6 Still Planning But Getting Close!
- 7 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 8 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 9 WWYD-time in Lima
- 10 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 11 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 12 Argentina Holiday Help
- 13 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 14 argentina & brazil
- 15 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 16 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 17 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 18 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 19 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 20 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 21 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 22 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 23 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 24 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 25 2 wks in Colombia