Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru itinerary in March.. Comments needed please
- 2 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 3 1 day in Rio
- 4 Currency Woes
- 5 driving to salvador
- 6 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 7 Argentina (and Chile?): basic itinerary
- 8 Just a week!
- 9 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 10 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 11 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 12 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 13 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 14 Quito trip
- 15 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 16 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 17 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 18 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 19 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 20 Solo female travelling around South America
- 21 Bariloche car rental
- 22 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 23 Galapagos Islands
- 24 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 25 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!