Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Northeast Brazil
- 2 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 3 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 4 Lima, Peru - Travel Report
- 5 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 6 Going to Peru with 2 kids (9 and 12yrs)
- 7 Galapagos - Family Wildlife Tours
- 8 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 9 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 10 Going to Machu Pichu with 4 children
- 11 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 12 James Frazer-Mann - Trying to book El Chalten via Plataforma10 ?
- 13 Adventures / full of experince tours in the Ecuadorians
- 14 Lima - driver for hire
- 15 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 16 OK one final question - concerns AEP!
- 17 Iguazu Falls Couple Last Minute Questions!
- 18 First trip to Argentina - should we just stay in Buenos Aires?
- 19 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 20 Booking Treks in Cusco?
- 21 Best Hostels Cusco?
- 22 ONE WEEK IN COLOMBIA
- 23 Itinerary help
- 24 Itinerary help
- 25 Tourist travel with a Business Visa?
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge