Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 2 First Time In South America Itinerary
- 3 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 4 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 5 Trip Report Ecuador
- 6 Chile, Ecuadoror Columbia
- 7 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 8 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 9 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 10 Day trips from Montevideo
- 11 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 12 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 13 Driving tips and suggestions for Torres del Paine
- 14 Help with 3 Week Itinerary
- 15 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice
- 16 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 17 Ecuador, Places to shop
- 18 Only one day in Quito recommendations.
- 19 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 20 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 21 Booking the Grey Glacier Boat Tour
- 22 Volunteering in South America, maybe Peru?
- 23 Atacama and ????
- 24 Departure Tax leaving Colombia
- 25 Travel to Peru in 2 weeks
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge