Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Itinerary Feedback
- 2 Lima to Foz
- 3 Language study in Brazil
- 4 Columbia Questions
- 5 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 6 Chile reciprocity fee - Canadian citizens
- 7 Argentina Holiday Help
- 8 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 9 driving up the coast from rio de janeiro to salvador
- 10 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 11 Chile - IVA Tax
- 12 Christmas present to Cusco?
- 13 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 14 Trip Report
- 15 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 16 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 17 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 18 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 19 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 20 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 21 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 22 1st South American adventure
- 23 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 24 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 25 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl