Has anyone been to one or the other lodge or can you weigh in on a good lodge for the Amazon River Basin near Puerto Maldonado?
We are deciding between Inkaterra Amazonica and Posada Amazonas lodge. The big draw at Inkaterra Amazonica for us is the canopy walk, and we wondered if it is worth the extra money to go to Inkaterra in order to have access to the 1/4 mile canopy walk. Posada has an observation deck that you get to with a harness and ropes. We liked that Posada had mountain biking and swimming in the river. Overall, Posada seemed to have one activity that everyone did each day while Inkaterra had more choices each day.
Would it be crazy to spend 3 days at one and 2 at the other? We don't to spend too much time stuck in Puerto Maldonado waiting for the boat ride to the lodges.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Best Latin American countries!
- 2 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 3 christmas in buenos aires
- 4 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 5 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 6 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 7 Peru in Late February?
- 8 Sao Paulo
- 9 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 10 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 11 Salud !
- 12 Cartagena
- 13 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 14 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 15 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 16 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 17 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 18 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 19 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 20 Galapagos Island
- 21 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 22 Puno to Lima
- 23 Solmar Tours in Peru
- 24 opinions on itinerary flow
- 25 If it's Tuesday, this must be...Nicaragua, the Peruvian Amazon, or Colombia
Help in choosing Inkaterra Amazonica versus Posada Amazonas lodge