I just finished telling my friend to have a good night's sleep while I tried to find out what to do next. He and his wife were supposed to fly to Mendoza from Rio a couple of days ago. From there they were going to fly to Santiago and then take a cruise from that port. Well the flights to Mendoza were canceled and Santiago is a disaster zone. The Canadian Consulate has told my friend do not travel there unless absolutely critical. What's more, the Hyatt has just informed them that they were canceling their reservation so even if they were inclined to give it a go, they don't have a place to stay while they wait for the cruise.
So they have some time on their hands (March 12). They're also cash poor. I do know they can catch the cruise at a later port of call but getting specifics out of them right now is difficult because they're rather distraught. I'm hoping to find something all inclusive that will pamper them and leave them with the impression that South America is wonderful after all, their timing just stinks. So any ideas? I'm thinking giving Chile a skip would be a good idea right now given what's happened.
Help! Friend Stranded in Rio Until March 12
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 2 Trip Report - Very Long
- 3 JW Marriott Lima
- 4 Quito recommendations
- 5 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 6 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 7 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 8 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 9 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 10 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 11 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 12 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 13 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 14 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 15 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 16 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 17 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 18 Ecuador-tour guides
- 19 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 20 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 21 lima airport transport
- 22 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 23 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 24 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 25 Argentina currency