I just finished telling my friend to have a good night's sleep while I tried to find out what to do next. He and his wife were supposed to fly to Mendoza from Rio a couple of days ago. From there they were going to fly to Santiago and then take a cruise from that port. Well the flights to Mendoza were canceled and Santiago is a disaster zone. The Canadian Consulate has told my friend do not travel there unless absolutely critical. What's more, the Hyatt has just informed them that they were canceling their reservation so even if they were inclined to give it a go, they don't have a place to stay while they wait for the cruise.
So they have some time on their hands (March 12). They're also cash poor. I do know they can catch the cruise at a later port of call but getting specifics out of them right now is difficult because they're rather distraught. I'm hoping to find something all inclusive that will pamper them and leave them with the impression that South America is wonderful after all, their timing just stinks. So any ideas? I'm thinking giving Chile a skip would be a good idea right now given what's happened.
Help! Friend Stranded in Rio Until March 12
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 2 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 3 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 4 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 5 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 6 4 weeks in Chile
- 7 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 8 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 9 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 10 Para Ti, Brazil
- 11 Advice needed for Colombia
- 12 Chile and Argentina
- 13 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 14 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 15 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 16 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 17 El valle de Elquí
- 18 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 19 Columbia Questions
- 20 Bogota
- 21 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 22 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 23 Jewish sites and tour of Buenos Aires?
- 24 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 25 Galapagos in 5 days