I just finished telling my friend to have a good night's sleep while I tried to find out what to do next. He and his wife were supposed to fly to Mendoza from Rio a couple of days ago. From there they were going to fly to Santiago and then take a cruise from that port. Well the flights to Mendoza were canceled and Santiago is a disaster zone. The Canadian Consulate has told my friend do not travel there unless absolutely critical. What's more, the Hyatt has just informed them that they were canceling their reservation so even if they were inclined to give it a go, they don't have a place to stay while they wait for the cruise.
So they have some time on their hands (March 12). They're also cash poor. I do know they can catch the cruise at a later port of call but getting specifics out of them right now is difficult because they're rather distraught. I'm hoping to find something all inclusive that will pamper them and leave them with the impression that South America is wonderful after all, their timing just stinks. So any ideas? I'm thinking giving Chile a skip would be a good idea right now given what's happened.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 5 day Galapagos cruise in Nov
- 2 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 3 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 4 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 5 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 6 Sixty days in Colombia
- 7 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 8 Machu Picchu - NatGeo vs. OAT
- 9 Taking the Bus Santiago Airport to Valpo
- 10 MP and Torres del Paine on same trip?
- 11 Steak house rec in Buenos Aires near Recoleta
- 12 Choquequirao Questions
- 13 12 Day Peru Itinerary Help
- 14 Shopping for sweaters - Quito or Otavalo?
- 15 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 16 Cajamarca
- 17 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 18 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 19 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 20 Patagonia - Equipment
- 21 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 22 Chile or Argentina?
- 23 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 24 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 25 Nazca Lines from Pisco or Ica Airport?