I just finished telling my friend to have a good night's sleep while I tried to find out what to do next. He and his wife were supposed to fly to Mendoza from Rio a couple of days ago. From there they were going to fly to Santiago and then take a cruise from that port. Well the flights to Mendoza were canceled and Santiago is a disaster zone. The Canadian Consulate has told my friend do not travel there unless absolutely critical. What's more, the Hyatt has just informed them that they were canceling their reservation so even if they were inclined to give it a go, they don't have a place to stay while they wait for the cruise.
So they have some time on their hands (March 12). They're also cash poor. I do know they can catch the cruise at a later port of call but getting specifics out of them right now is difficult because they're rather distraught. I'm hoping to find something all inclusive that will pamper them and leave them with the impression that South America is wonderful after all, their timing just stinks. So any ideas? I'm thinking giving Chile a skip would be a good idea right now given what's happened.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Is 8 days too much time in Buenos Aires
- 2 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 3 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 4 10 days - Rio/Iguazu and...?
- 5 Travel in Chile- Itinerary advice please
- 6 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 7 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 8 Horseback riding Peru Cusco - Machu Picchu Ranch El Chalan - Urubamba
- 9 Driving tips and suggestions for Torres del Paine
- 10 First Time In South America Itinerary
- 11 HELP-- Argentina in March
- 12 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 13 Galapagos Add Ons
- 14 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 15 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 16 Trip Report Ecuador
- 17 Chile, Ecuadoror Columbia
- 18 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 19 Day trips from Montevideo
- 20 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 21 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 22 Help with 3 Week Itinerary
- 23 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice
- 24 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 25 Ecuador, Places to shop