I just finished telling my friend to have a good night's sleep while I tried to find out what to do next. He and his wife were supposed to fly to Mendoza from Rio a couple of days ago. From there they were going to fly to Santiago and then take a cruise from that port. Well the flights to Mendoza were canceled and Santiago is a disaster zone. The Canadian Consulate has told my friend do not travel there unless absolutely critical. What's more, the Hyatt has just informed them that they were canceling their reservation so even if they were inclined to give it a go, they don't have a place to stay while they wait for the cruise.
So they have some time on their hands (March 12). They're also cash poor. I do know they can catch the cruise at a later port of call but getting specifics out of them right now is difficult because they're rather distraught. I'm hoping to find something all inclusive that will pamper them and leave them with the impression that South America is wonderful after all, their timing just stinks. So any ideas? I'm thinking giving Chile a skip would be a good idea right now given what's happened.
Help! Friend Stranded in Rio Until March 12
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 2 Chile/Bolivia Itinerary Help
- 3 Solo female travelling around South America
- 4 Peruvian Amazon
- 5 Need Police Report from Santiago!
- 6 10 days in mid-late May 2015!
- 7 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 8 Anyone traveled with Manu Peru Amazon Tour Company?
- 9 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 10 Volcano erupts in Chile near Puerto Varas and Puerto Montt
- 11 URGENT! Call your airline!
- 12 Columbia Local Beer
- 13 Solo backpacking in Argentina and Chile
- 14 El Calafate/Torres del Paine 7 day Itinerary Help
- 15 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 16 10 days in Argentina
- 17 february/march- where to go?
- 18 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 19 driving to salvador
- 20 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 21 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 22 Peru, help cutting costs
- 23 cartagena , columbia
- 24 Peru Itinerary Help
- 25 One spare day in our itinerary - where should it go?