My wife and I want to see Machu Picchu in a 2 or 3 day trip. We are not interested in hiking and we live in an area about 100' above sea level. And we are fairly healthy but wife cannot do steep inclines or a lot of stairs. We probably will not spend a great deal of time at M.P. but would not want to miss that great site while in Peru. Now saying all that I would like some adivce. I would prefer 2 nights out only, but because of altitude and logistics that probably won't work, will it?. A friend from Peru suggested we go to Urubamba Valley (is that close to Aguas Caliente?) after we land in Cusco from Lima. He suggested we stay at Tambo Del Inka Hotel for 2 nights and go to M.P. from there. Then on 3rd day go to Cuzco for the night and return to Lima the next day. Comments or advice will be appreciated. Thanks
Help for a 2 or 3 Day Trip to Machu Picchu
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 2 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 3 Santiago 2 days
- 4 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 5 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 6 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 7 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 8 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 9 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 10 Lodge in Pantanal
- 11 Pantanal on your own
- 12 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 13 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 14 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 15 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 16 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 17 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 18 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 19 Cell phone in Brazil
- 20 10 Full Days in Peru
- 21 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 22 10 day itinerary questions
- 23 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 24 Please comment on this 8 week itinerary (Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru)!
- 25 Iguazu Falls for a single woman?