My wife and I want to see Machu Picchu in a 2 or 3 day trip. We are not interested in hiking and we live in an area about 100' above sea level. And we are fairly healthy but wife cannot do steep inclines or a lot of stairs. We probably will not spend a great deal of time at M.P. but would not want to miss that great site while in Peru. Now saying all that I would like some adivce. I would prefer 2 nights out only, but because of altitude and logistics that probably won't work, will it?. A friend from Peru suggested we go to Urubamba Valley (is that close to Aguas Caliente?) after we land in Cusco from Lima. He suggested we stay at Tambo Del Inka Hotel for 2 nights and go to M.P. from there. Then on 3rd day go to Cuzco for the night and return to Lima the next day. Comments or advice will be appreciated. Thanks
Help for a 2 or 3 Day Trip to Machu Picchu
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Lima to Foz
- 2 Itinerary Feedback
- 3 Language study in Brazil
- 4 Columbia Questions
- 5 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 6 Chile reciprocity fee - Canadian citizens
- 7 Argentina Holiday Help
- 8 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 9 driving up the coast from rio de janeiro to salvador
- 10 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 11 Chile - IVA Tax
- 12 Christmas present to Cusco?
- 13 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 14 Trip Report
- 15 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 16 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 17 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 18 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 19 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 20 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 21 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 22 1st South American adventure
- 23 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 24 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 25 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl