My wife and I want to see Machu Picchu in a 2 or 3 day trip. We are not interested in hiking and we live in an area about 100' above sea level. And we are fairly healthy but wife cannot do steep inclines or a lot of stairs. We probably will not spend a great deal of time at M.P. but would not want to miss that great site while in Peru. Now saying all that I would like some adivce. I would prefer 2 nights out only, but because of altitude and logistics that probably won't work, will it?. A friend from Peru suggested we go to Urubamba Valley (is that close to Aguas Caliente?) after we land in Cusco from Lima. He suggested we stay at Tambo Del Inka Hotel for 2 nights and go to M.P. from there. Then on 3rd day go to Cuzco for the night and return to Lima the next day. Comments or advice will be appreciated. Thanks
Help for a 2 or 3 Day Trip to Machu Picchu
View all South America activity »
- 1 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 2 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 3 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 4 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 5 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 6 8 Days in Brazil
- 7 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 8 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 9 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 10 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 11 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 12 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 13 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 14 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 15 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 16 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 17 Peru Hop?
- 18 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 19 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 20 Uruguay Re-Do
- 21 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 22 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 23 More suggested reading
- 24 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 25 Bariloche over XMas