My wife and I want to see Machu Picchu in a 2 or 3 day trip. We are not interested in hiking and we live in an area about 100' above sea level. And we are fairly healthy but wife cannot do steep inclines or a lot of stairs. We probably will not spend a great deal of time at M.P. but would not want to miss that great site while in Peru. Now saying all that I would like some adivce. I would prefer 2 nights out only, but because of altitude and logistics that probably won't work, will it?. A friend from Peru suggested we go to Urubamba Valley (is that close to Aguas Caliente?) after we land in Cusco from Lima. He suggested we stay at Tambo Del Inka Hotel for 2 nights and go to M.P. from there. Then on 3rd day go to Cuzco for the night and return to Lima the next day. Comments or advice will be appreciated. Thanks
Help for a 2 or 3 Day Trip to Machu Picchu
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru versus Bolivia
- 2 La Paz to Santiago - route choices
- 3 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 4 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 5 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 6 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 7 2 nights in Torres Del Paine - Which route and refugio?
- 8 Argentinians in Punta Del Este!!
- 9 Still Planning But Getting Close!
- 10 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 11 WWYD-time in Lima
- 12 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 13 Argentina Holiday Help
- 14 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 15 argentina & brazil
- 16 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 17 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 18 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 19 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 20 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 21 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 22 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 23 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 24 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 25 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?