My wife and I want to see Machu Picchu in a 2 or 3 day trip. We are not interested in hiking and we live in an area about 100' above sea level. And we are fairly healthy but wife cannot do steep inclines or a lot of stairs. We probably will not spend a great deal of time at M.P. but would not want to miss that great site while in Peru. Now saying all that I would like some adivce. I would prefer 2 nights out only, but because of altitude and logistics that probably won't work, will it?. A friend from Peru suggested we go to Urubamba Valley (is that close to Aguas Caliente?) after we land in Cusco from Lima. He suggested we stay at Tambo Del Inka Hotel for 2 nights and go to M.P. from there. Then on 3rd day go to Cuzco for the night and return to Lima the next day. Comments or advice will be appreciated. Thanks
Help for a 2 or 3 Day Trip to Machu Picchu
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Puno hotel with kids?
- 2 Argentina (and Chile?): basic itinerary
- 3 Return Flight from Lima to Cuzco
- 4 Help with Logistics for Machu Picchu, please?
- 5 Ecuador Guide Book
- 6 Driving in Bolivia Near La Paz
- 7 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 8 Money in Buenos Aires
- 9 Best small group walking/hiking tours
- 10 Solo female travelling around South America
- 11 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 12 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 13 Family friendly accommodation Iquitos
- 14 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 15 Buquebus question for AVRooster
- 16 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 17 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 18 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 19 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 20 Quito: Old city or new?
- 21 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 22 Bogota
- 23 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 24 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 25 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler