My wife and I want to see Machu Picchu in a 2 or 3 day trip. We are not interested in hiking and we live in an area about 100' above sea level. And we are fairly healthy but wife cannot do steep inclines or a lot of stairs. We probably will not spend a great deal of time at M.P. but would not want to miss that great site while in Peru. Now saying all that I would like some adivce. I would prefer 2 nights out only, but because of altitude and logistics that probably won't work, will it?. A friend from Peru suggested we go to Urubamba Valley (is that close to Aguas Caliente?) after we land in Cusco from Lima. He suggested we stay at Tambo Del Inka Hotel for 2 nights and go to M.P. from there. Then on 3rd day go to Cuzco for the night and return to Lima the next day. Comments or advice will be appreciated. Thanks
Help for a 2 or 3 Day Trip to Machu Picchu
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 2 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 3 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 4 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 5 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 6 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 7 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 8 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 9 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 10 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 11 Quito recommendations
- 12 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 13 Ecuador-tour guides
- 14 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 15 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 16 lima airport transport
- 17 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 18 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 19 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 20 Argentina currency
- 21 Traveling to Peru for two weeks... Itinerary suggestions needed!!
- 22 End in sight for Chile reciprocity fee
- 23 Fishing near Iguazu Falls?
- 24 Seeking Tips for Upcoming Trip to Rio, Iguazu and Buenos Aires
- 25 Macchu Picchu - Going Solo?