I'm new to this forum (more frequently on TA), but I thought it might be helpful to some if I posted this trip review of a fantastic day trip my wife and I had to Tigre with a company called El Dorado Kayak. It was a very full day with 2 hours roundtrip on the train + ~3 hours on the ferry + 3.5 hours kayaking way out in the pristine uninhabited parts of the delta followed by a full Asado, and we thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. Rather than write about it in detail here, I'll instead point you to our blog which has a full write-up with lots of pics.
Here is the link: http://www.consultingrehab.com/2010/06/06/kayaking-in-tigre-on-the-parana-delta-with-el-dorado-kayak/
This trip is likely better to do in warmer weather than now (we did it in April and it was perfect), but I know many people plan way in advance, so hopefully this is helpful.
Ping me if anyone has any questions.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 2 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 3 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 4 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 5 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 6 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 7 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 8 santiago chile area
- 9 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 10 Reflections on our South America trip
- 11 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 12 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 13 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 14 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?
- 15 visit in the area of Campinas,Brazil and weather
- 16 Buying show tickets to Cafe Tortoni
- 17 Iguazu Falls-"Best" Way to Reach/See
- 18 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 19 One week in Cartagena?
- 20 Argentina 3 week Itinerary
- 21 One day in Buenos Aires and Tango Experience
- 22 Santiago to Puerto Montt
- 23 Visiting Medellin
- 24 Argentina October 2016
- 25 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
Great kayaking day trip to Tigre from BA