I'm new to this forum (more frequently on TA), but I thought it might be helpful to some if I posted this trip review of a fantastic day trip my wife and I had to Tigre with a company called El Dorado Kayak. It was a very full day with 2 hours roundtrip on the train + ~3 hours on the ferry + 3.5 hours kayaking way out in the pristine uninhabited parts of the delta followed by a full Asado, and we thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. Rather than write about it in detail here, I'll instead point you to our blog which has a full write-up with lots of pics.
Here is the link: http://www.consultingrehab.com/2010/06/06/kayaking-in-tigre-on-the-parana-delta-with-el-dorado-kayak/
This trip is likely better to do in warmer weather than now (we did it in April and it was perfect), but I know many people plan way in advance, so hopefully this is helpful.
Ping me if anyone has any questions.
Great kayaking day trip to Tigre from BA
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 JW Marriott Lima
- 2 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 3 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 4 Trip Report - Very Long
- 5 Quito recommendations
- 6 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 7 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 8 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 9 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 10 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 11 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 12 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 13 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 14 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 15 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 16 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 17 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 18 Ecuador-tour guides
- 19 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 20 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 21 lima airport transport
- 22 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 23 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 24 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 25 Argentina currency