I'm new to this forum (more frequently on TA), but I thought it might be helpful to some if I posted this trip review of a fantastic day trip my wife and I had to Tigre with a company called El Dorado Kayak. It was a very full day with 2 hours roundtrip on the train + ~3 hours on the ferry + 3.5 hours kayaking way out in the pristine uninhabited parts of the delta followed by a full Asado, and we thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. Rather than write about it in detail here, I'll instead point you to our blog which has a full write-up with lots of pics.
Here is the link: http://www.consultingrehab.com/2010/06/06/kayaking-in-tigre-on-the-parana-delta-with-el-dorado-kayak/
This trip is likely better to do in warmer weather than now (we did it in April and it was perfect), but I know many people plan way in advance, so hopefully this is helpful.
Ping me if anyone has any questions.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://www.drozhealthblog.com/luna-bella-serum/
- 2 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 3 How many days in Medellin area?
- 4 Machu Picchu changes its entry schedule
- 5 Lodging by Medellin Airport
- 6 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 7 Finding a group to hike with
- 8 Buenos Aires, Patagonia hike, Uraguay beach and Iguazu idea feedback needed
- 9 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 10 Chilean Travel Agent Suggestions Needed
- 11 Galapagus July
- 12 The Atacama Desert
- 13 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 14 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 15 2 day Inca Trek and a fear of exposure/heights
- 16 1 day for Iguazu Falls (I know, but that's all she has)
- 17 Pisco sours
- 18 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 19 Last min cruise to the Galapagos
- 20 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 21 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 22 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!
- 23 Help needed with itinerary for Argentina and Chile
- 24 2 Weeks in Cusco Itinerary
- 25 Huacachina, Peru
Great kayaking day trip to Tigre from BA