I'm new to this forum (more frequently on TA), but I thought it might be helpful to some if I posted this trip review of a fantastic day trip my wife and I had to Tigre with a company called El Dorado Kayak. It was a very full day with 2 hours roundtrip on the train + ~3 hours on the ferry + 3.5 hours kayaking way out in the pristine uninhabited parts of the delta followed by a full Asado, and we thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. Rather than write about it in detail here, I'll instead point you to our blog which has a full write-up with lots of pics.
Here is the link: http://www.consultingrehab.com/2010/06/06/kayaking-in-tigre-on-the-parana-delta-with-el-dorado-kayak/
This trip is likely better to do in warmer weather than now (we did it in April and it was perfect), but I know many people plan way in advance, so hopefully this is helpful.
Ping me if anyone has any questions.
Great kayaking day trip to Tigre from BA
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 1 day in Rio
- 2 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 3 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 4 Solo female travelling around South America
- 5 Bariloche car rental
- 6 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 7 Galapagos Islands
- 8 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 9 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 10 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 11 Day trip to Paracas
- 12 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 13 Peru trip
- 14 Amazon Manaus Tour Guides
- 15 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 16 Chile or Chile/Argentina - 3 Itinerary Ideas, Can't Decide!
- 17 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 18 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 19 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 20 Mendoza - Wine Lodges robberies
- 21 Logistics for visit to Lake Titicaca
- 22 Peru: Machu Picchu Cusco itinerary help
- 23 Need help with planning a six-week trip?
- 24 Mendoza to Bariloche
- 25 Advice needed for Colombia