I'm new to this forum (more frequently on TA), but I thought it might be helpful to some if I posted this trip review of a fantastic day trip my wife and I had to Tigre with a company called El Dorado Kayak. It was a very full day with 2 hours roundtrip on the train + ~3 hours on the ferry + 3.5 hours kayaking way out in the pristine uninhabited parts of the delta followed by a full Asado, and we thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. Rather than write about it in detail here, I'll instead point you to our blog which has a full write-up with lots of pics.
Here is the link: http://www.consultingrehab.com/2010/06/06/kayaking-in-tigre-on-the-parana-delta-with-el-dorado-kayak/
This trip is likely better to do in warmer weather than now (we did it in April and it was perfect), but I know many people plan way in advance, so hopefully this is helpful.
Ping me if anyone has any questions.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru's Amazon and the Heat - Iquitos Ceiba Tops Lodge vs. Puerto Maldonado
- 2 Peru in Late February?
- 3 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 4 Senior Travelers to Galapagos
- 5 galapagos island
- 6 Thinking of OAT trip to Machu Picchu, Galapagos and Amazon Rain Forest
- 7 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 8 christmas in buenos aires
- 9 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 10 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 11 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 12 Best Latin American countries!
- 13 Sao Paulo
- 14 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 15 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 16 Salud !
- 17 Cartagena
- 18 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 19 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 20 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 21 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 22 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 23 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 24 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 25 Galapagos Island
Great kayaking day trip to Tigre from BA