I'm new to this forum (more frequently on TA), but I thought it might be helpful to some if I posted this trip review of a fantastic day trip my wife and I had to Tigre with a company called El Dorado Kayak. It was a very full day with 2 hours roundtrip on the train + ~3 hours on the ferry + 3.5 hours kayaking way out in the pristine uninhabited parts of the delta followed by a full Asado, and we thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. Rather than write about it in detail here, I'll instead point you to our blog which has a full write-up with lots of pics.
Here is the link: http://www.consultingrehab.com/2010/06/06/kayaking-in-tigre-on-the-parana-delta-with-el-dorado-kayak/
This trip is likely better to do in warmer weather than now (we did it in April and it was perfect), but I know many people plan way in advance, so hopefully this is helpful.
Ping me if anyone has any questions.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 2 salkantay trek
- 3 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 4 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 5 Rainbow mountain trek
- 6 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 7 Cusco/Machu Picchu Trip
- 8 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 9 Huayhuash Circuit in May - good-value trekking companies
- 10 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 11 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 12 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 13 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 14 Iquitos
- 15 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 16 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 17 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 18 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 19 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 20 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 21 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 22 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 23 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 24 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 25 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio
Great kayaking day trip to Tigre from BA